Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be good advice, if this were a real community, in the sense of existing in reality and not a game. I cannot in real life simply log on an alt and completely treat someone like garbage (within the rules) and get away with it by logging back in on my main. On EQ you can (provided u dont break external constraints established by staff) and there are no consequences because it's an alt. Who's to know who it is? Stop treating it like real life and see for what it is: a competitive game. In any competitive game the ideas of morality are lifted (again within the rules of the game), playing like they somehow hold any bearing only serves to handicap you. If someone chooses to treat people like garbage (and don't break any rules) if you perceive them to be at some sort of advantage because of it, or you feel you are at a disadvantage because of that, then you can either cry or adapt strategy that counters it. But the idea that you will do the right thing, because it is the right thing in the context of a video game is naive to even consider. IRL you are correct, not not here or any competitive game that isn't IRL.
you totally misunderstood the segment of mine you quoted. i agree with you. the point of my post was that folks here DO NOT treat each right because of all the reasons I (and then you) listed. I also said that it is worse here than it was on live, because of the timeline being off allowing for even casual players to have maxed out multiple high end chars. I also said that I think it will get worse as the server continues to age.

what i said at the end of my post is that despite all of that, there are SOME folks that will still do the right thing simply because it is right. Obviously, EQ is only a game...but I stopped considering it MERELY a game a long time ago. EQ is played with REAL people.

Folks who value the community side of EQ more than the pixels have always found each other in EQ. On p99, people know who the guilds are that care more about the players behind the toon than the pixels looted. People also know the guilds that only care about pixel loot and only consider EQ a competitive game (played to be won!).

The very notion of playing EQ to win doesn't make sense to me. I realize that I'm by far in the minority on that...BUT I'm not the only one either. There are good communities---real communities---on p99.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you totally misunderstood the segment of mine you quoted. i agree with you. the point of my post was that folks here DO NOT treat each right because of all the reasons I (and then you) listed. I also said that it is worse here than it was on live, because of the timeline being off allowing for even casual players to have maxed out multiple high end chars. I also said that I think it will get worse as the server continues to age.

what i said at the end of my post is that despite all of that, there are SOME folks that will still do the right thing simply because it is right. Obviously, EQ is only a game...but I stopped considering it MERELY a game a long time ago. EQ is played with REAL people.

Folks who value the community side of EQ more than the pixels have always found each other in EQ. On p99, people know who the guilds are that care more about the players behind the toon than the pixels looted. People also know the guilds that only care about pixel loot and only consider EQ a competitive game (played to be won!).

The very notion of playing EQ to win doesn't make sense to me. I realize that I'm by far in the minority on that...BUT I'm not the only one either. There are good communities---real communities---on p99.
Fair enough, guess I misunderstood.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Conclusion: be thankful, but don't think voicing an opinion in a rational manner constitutes not being thankful. You can still be thankful and voice an opinion that this server is run by a bunch of idiots or a bunch of genius.
thats what my post was smh

you guys have your panties in such a bunch you cant concentrate on anything but your own rage.

nowhere did I say just be thankfull.. i was calling out that because of the good treatment, and solid server, we feel that we can /petition pretty much anything.

Its a cause and effect thing I was posting about.

Not how to perform.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Retired Guide

Quote:
No one has Sirken chained up and is shocking him with a cattle prod until he gets back to the keyboard to "give up" more free time, stop acting like it.
That's what you think...
Old 05-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

I thought that was Friday nights?

Tuesday nights is melted wax.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats what my post was smh

you guys have your panties in such a bunch you cant concentrate on anything but your own rage.

nowhere did I say just be thankfull.. i was calling out that because of the good treatment, and solid server, we feel that we can /petition pretty much anything.

Its a cause and effect thing I was posting about.

Not how to perform.
You post I quoted and was a response to this quote below but only a small part was directed at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you sound like you only bring a bad attitude to the table
I did not address anything you had said beyond what is contained in this quote, more of the general spirit of "be thankful it exists" argument. If it looks like my entire post was directed at you, I'm sorry it wasn't made to look that way. I notice now I was freely using the 'your' and I can see how that could be misunderstood as in 'you the person I quoted.' Meant it more in the sense of 'you the person who is reading this and holds the thankful argument dear.'

I agree with your sentiment that it is a good thing that we feel a petition can be or will be read.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
"
No one has Sirken chained up and is shocking him with a cattle prod until he gets back to the keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what you think...

Eunomia can I have a turn next week, I have a bit of rage I need to work out.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
You post I quoted and was a response to this quote below but only a small part was directed at you.

I did not address anything you had said beyond what is contained in this quote, more of the general spirit of "be thankful it exists" argument. If it looks like my entire post was directed at you, I'm sorry it wasn't made to look that way. I notice now I was freely using the 'your' and I can see how that could be misunderstood as in 'you the person I quoted.' Meant it more in the sense of 'you the person who is reading this and holds the thankful argument dear.'

I agree with your sentiment that it is a good thing that we feel a petition can be or will be read.
It takes a lot of balls and bad assness to post apologies and friendly shit on video games forums and for that, we thank you!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder what the % is of the those that complain about this free server / its staff actually donate to the server to keep it running. I would be willing to bet its less than 10%.
Closed Thread