Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Wrong adill. You could /q out and lose agro. It was the one of the ways to lose roamer agro.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Indeed, Rais. That's what I said, as well~
Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This definitely should not be happening. I noticed a similar problem with this mechanic even before this FD change; I had a disease cloud on an NPC and /q'd while FD because I didn't want to wait for it to wear off. When I came back in I was oom and almost dead from fighting the mob while LD even though I should've just stayed FD.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, never played a Necro or SK on live. What happens is if you have a DoT on the mob and you /q the LD code seems to think you are still fighting and will make you get up and fight.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Yes, FD is almost next to useless now. On training mobs on the basement of HS and using the portal to get back to zone in, I immediately pulled what i thought was a successful FD. Knowing the mechanics have been changed in todays patch i stayed on the ground for around 3 minutes but never received a message stating 'your enemies have forgotton you'. After thinking the coast was clear I stood up only to be greeted 30 seconds later with a host of mobs warping through the wall and attacking me at zone in.

Having tested this and stayed FD for a long period of time I never received a message stating 'your enemies have forgotten you'. The failure rate also seems absurdly high, i only get a successful feign about 1/6 times at best (this is a terribly rough estimate).
Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

FD is definitely not next to useless.

I did a lot of pulling on live, and I can say that /q'ing out was pretty much the only reliable way to drop your aggro when roamers are involved. None of the pullers of our guild ever relied on feigning off roamers and waiting any set amount of time, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD is definitely not next to useless.

I did a lot of pulling on live, and I can say that /q'ing out was pretty much the only reliable way to drop your aggro when roamers are involved. None of the pullers of our guild ever relied on feigning off roamers and waiting any set amount of time, ever.
"Loading... please wait"

I can't wait.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Heh monk pull team or monks no longer DPS and just train in a few mobs at a time by flopping. Welcome to being a monk in Kunark and beyond.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherfiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD post kunark worked like this:

on STATIC mobs: mob would 100% forget about you once it returned to its home point.

on roaming mobs: mobs had a 25% chance to fully forget about you

All mobs while they are roaming back: 25% chance to forget about you.

Some people believed that when mobs were roaming back, your chance to FD them off increased the more times you FD'ed. IE, 2 FD's = 50% chance, but i never believed this was accurate.

Garibaldi <Transatlantic Rampage>
Shiishio <Pandemonium> - Tallon Zek - 65 Monkey
This is definitely the way I remember it and the way you'll find it explained in MANY class discussions.

There should also be a 'your enemies forget about you' message which means they have for certain forgotten about you, but I don't remember how long it took (was long enough that most people found /q'ing and logging back in quicker than waiting for the message).

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

"Your enemies have forgotten..." is a timed, client-based message. It has no real meaning on P99.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't play a monk on live but it always seemed to be about a certain % chance of success as opposed to a length of time staying FD.

When our monks would FD split raid mobs on live they would keep working their way closer to the raid in intervals eventually after multiple FDs the 5+ mobs would end up being 1 or 2. But our monks didn't sit there FD's for 5-10 minutes or anything crazy like that.

This is going back like 6-7 years but that's how I remember it being done.
Closed Thread