Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 09:13 AM
Orc

Default Level 19 Shaman solo advise

I'm new to the Shaman world (Green Server) and have read it's a long road to 24 before I can canni so I wanted to verify some things since previous posts I've read are from last year about soloing, root rot, jousting etc. FYI I solo and group 50/50.

1. Buffs: In have sow, turtle skin and spirit strength.
- Is that enough or should I also add spirit of cat to get more agility/ac?

2. Does Affliction and Infectious Cloud stack?
- I have read that they are both diseases but two separate types and indeed stack. If they do stack do you recommend pulling with IC, root, AF, TB, sit?

3. I have a Gloomwater Harpoon and a Charred Guardian Shield. Am I missing out not having a 2 hand blunt weapon and perhaps invest in one? I have the funds for a Gatorsmash Maul I just have to find one for sale. Or do I just stick to root/rot because I like the stats on my current gear and paid a good Amount of cash for them.

4. Does the dot damage ticks go down of the target is moving?

Any other tips or input. Thanks!
Last edited by Linfang; 04-20-2020 at 09:15 AM..
Old 04-20-2020, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Only buff agi if you are regularly going high enough encumbrance or low enough health to drop agi below 75.

Str and ac should be enough, if you’re xping on particularly low cons you can probably skip ac.

They stack, you’ll want to play around to find what works best versus the particular mobs you are fighting.

I don’t think the gear will matter too much either way. Meleeing will lose you a lot of med and regen ticks, meaning you’ll want to use more of a burst dps approach compared to root rotting.

Check patch messages or do your own research to see if that nerf has been implemented yet.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:49 AM
Orc

I should mention I am a Troll. I found after melee fights I usually get my ass pretty beat and while medding I end up getting full Mana before full health which makes me have to get up and heal myself then sit back down to med full again.
Last edited by Linfang; 04-20-2020 at 10:58 AM..
Old 04-22-2020, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

At your level I was root-rotting at the Najena zoneline in Lavastorm. Pulled with IC, then root and stack the other 2 DoT's. Easy killing, zoneline nearby for safety, and if you get antsy you can zone into Najena and LFG.

At 23 I root-rotted Tentacle Terrors in NJ, would occasionally get a yellow-con but with a full mana bar (wearing mostly banded, maybe +20 WIS total on my gear) I could take one. I dinged 24 on those MF'ers and never looked back.

Grats on 19 BTW [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now just that final 5-level push until you're a REAL shammy!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:52 AM
Aviak

Go to uguk and make a group. If no group, get your name on a list for one then head to Oasis to kill Crocs or orcs in a group or solo until your spot opens up.
Hikoki - Wanderer of Kingdom
Old 04-25-2020, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

I know shaman is supposed to be this great solo class but I have found it largely unenjoyable to solo so far and i'm level 47. I think it has more to do with classic has shit solo spots compared to Kunark.

Best bet is to make friends with Monks and other melees and duo
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 04-25-2020 at 09:05 AM..
Old 04-25-2020, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know shaman is supposed to be this great solo class
Pretty sure when people say that, they mean for high value named spawns and not grinding efficiently for exp. Only way a shaman becomes an efficient exp solo grinding class is with JBB or Epic clickies.
Closed Thread