Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of rogues, anybody have a list of all the mobs in the game that see through sneak/hide ? So far all I know is NtoV flurries and some mobs in plane of hate. Is there any that I'm missing ? (ohh, the dogs in chardok too)
Don't trust most of the See Hide tags in the wiki. Someone bad and wrong put a bunch of those in. I remove them when I can, and update them for mobs that see through hide.

Bats and fire giants in Nagafen's Lair
Liches, banshees, Maestro, and Innoruuk in Plane of Hate
Chokidai (scaled wolves) in Chardok
Apparently some goos in Charasis but I've never been seen
Most dragons in ToV (dunno exactly since I've never seen them up long enough to attempt a con) and some drakes in NToV.

Probably a few more, but these are the most notable I can recall off the top of my head. If I remember any more I'll make a new reply.

p.s. assling is the best. gnome is also acceptable.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't trust most of the See Hide tags in the wiki. Someone bad and wrong put a bunch of those in. I remove them when I can, and update them for mobs that see through hide.
Keep in mind that this server (and its wiki) has been around for a long time. Lots of mechanics, including which mobs see through hide, have changed over time. So, it's quite possible that those tags actually were correct once upon a time, not put in by "someone bad."

But in any case, kudos to you for fixing them!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind that this server (and its wiki) has been around for a long time. Lots of mechanics, including which mobs see through hide, have changed over time. So, it's quite possible that those tags actually were correct once upon a time, not put in by "someone bad."
Fair enough!
Old 08-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

are you playing red? female barb for sure, slam and high str (having buffs is NEVER a sure thing when you could be PVPd randomly) is pretty nice!

human also a great rogue for fashion quest
Old 08-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Kobold

As a dark elf rogue, who has never seen another real dark elf rogue, this thread title makes me sad hahaha

That said, barbs get SWEET cultural armor and also access to throwing boulders, afaik the highest damage throwing weapon for those throwing crits. But you'll always know that you're not a real dark elf, under your mask.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DEX is not worthless. Good for proccing especially when you are the slower or the stunner.

Or trying to hammer fast to get to OT.

Only stat useless on a Rog is INT.

Procs are never going to make or break your rogue experience, BUT they are still fun to have more of. DEX also improves your skill-up chances (and success rate??) for some tradeskills like Tailoring and Fletching.

INT also improves your skill-up rate, or WIS if higher...so INT is useless to get on purpose but it's not 100% wasted if you start with a higher INT race. Ask a troll or ogre about learning tradeskills sometime =(
Old 08-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DEX also improves your skill-up chances (and success rate??) for some tradeskills like Tailoring and Fletching.
Tailoring is contingent upon WIS/INT.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tailoring is contingent upon WIS/INT.

Fletching, Poison Making, Jewlery, and Pottery have all been claimed to have Success Rate affected by Dex by guides recommending how to reduce the cost of learning (I've never tested any of these)

Skill-up rate is INT/WIS, as far as I know for everything?

Is Tailoring both skillup AND success rate by INT/WIS or are you saying that there's no stat-based success-rate component to Tailoring, only the improvement of skillup chance through INT/WIS?
Old 09-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Orc

Dark Elf rogue. All the others are just wanabes.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark Elf rogue. All the others are just wanabes.
All Rogues are Dark Elfs. Unless they're High Elfs.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread