Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do both accounts experience the same issue around 4pm? Are you wireless or wired? If wireless can you reproduce the issue when wired after 4pm?
So we are on fiber optics connection, no wireless. We don't both get like disconnected simultaneously and its not always 4pm, it just seems to happen more in the evening. Sometimes it starts at 7pm but never in the morning which I why I think the time is relevant. To get DC'ed I have to zone or log off completely not just switch characters. Then trying to get back on is a real challenge. It has not happened now for a few days. It happened 10/8 in the evening during a raid, kept getting disconnected zoning into sirens grotto, then west wastes, then temple of veeshan. Took me an hour to get from CS to the temple. Then it was fine till I zoned out again. Couldn't get back on for the night. There was some server disruption that night though and a few people had this same problem but otherwise I seem to be the only one in my guild that can't ever raid in the evening because of this.

As for both of us getting disconnected? Yes it's both accounts. It's not just our accounts it's any account I try to log into from either pc doesn't seem to matter. I couldn't log into a guild cleric account either. But as long as one of us doesn't zone or log out we won't experience the issue. As of now have had no problems since 10/8 so we'll see.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

I'm glad it hasn't shown up in a few days. from your original description and the follow up it does sound like a network issue. Maybe not your actual connection but maybe somewhere along the hops that you take to get to the P1999 servers.

It may be worth doing a tracert to project1999.com in the morning when it works, then if it stops working again do another tracert to project1999.com to see if your routes are different. Just a thought.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 10-12-2017, 07:39 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're trying to log into everquest "100+ times a night"?

dont play everquest. seriously get help dude. if you can't chill out for a bit on it you're gonna start letting your body deteriorate and along with it will come your life. get out while you still can. the universe is giving you a sign. don't keep clicking the login button like a fiend beeping his dealer.. going to tech discussion because you just can't stay away from chasing the pixels huh?

i'm not really good with computers but my advice it that you should maybe take a hint when the game's telling you to moderate your play time. there's definitely something else in your life you can go focus on, and if not you really ought to be spending your time finding that because happiness isn't going to find you by mistake.

god bless.
You sound completely stoned so I'm going to go easy on you. You sound like the kind of stoner who thinks that getting out of bed in the morning & going outside is an accomplishment. You won't get the satisfaction of learning about me, but I am going to reveal some things about you.

How many men do you know are named Leksi? You need to learn how to distinguish genders or else you'll have to start your next life-lecture with "I am Groot!"

"Fiend beeping his dealer" sounds like terminology from someone with experience. Your drug problem, though, does not correspond with my persistence. Persistence is rooted deep within my personality & through it I have achieved goals beyond your comprehension. You should try it sometime instead of throwing your hands in the air at the first sign of trouble. Dare I ask what you do when the tire blows? Or was that your car on the side of the highway for 2 weeks.

You believe the "universe" & "video games" give you signs, now that's almost too much to correlate. I grew up a long time ago & my life is not mandated by errors nor do they guide my direction or path. This issue is an error..... You don't let errors guide your path.... And when that teddy bear turns to you late at night and gives you council, remember, it's all in your head. Get with your dealer.

What I choose to do in my free time is absolutely none of your concern. When it's raid day? You bet your ass I'm going to be there. Delving into fantasy worlds & stories? Engaging in pure imagination? And being able to do that with my friends & family? These are things I wish I had MORE time to do!

You sound like bits and fragments of things you've heard in your life and you have taken a bit here and there and compiled it all together to comprise your life views. Maybe you should find out who YOU really are and then sort out what you have & what you are from there. And please, do this before trying to give other people direction.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:52 PM
Kobold

I'm having this exact problem, including the disconnecting while zoning. Never have any problem in the morning, only when the server pop gets to around 1000. But, I never had any problem when Velious launched and there were 2000 on at times. I have no problems with any other sites, streaming stuff off youtube, etc. I'm not so sure it's a network problem.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Skeleton

So the problem does still persist. I had someone tell me to open cmd and type ipconfig /flushdns ~ no avail. I tried moving my eqclient file out of the eq directory and the game remade a fresh one still doesnt work. It does have something to do with server pop because some week nights it will let me in the evening, others it wont. Never a morning issue as stated above. But I'm just not getting why this isnt a rotating problem affecting everyone randomly, only a couple people here and there
Old 10-17-2017, 07:17 PM
Kobold

Happening every day now around 4:30-5:30 pm MST. When server pop gets around 950. I have been logging in and out all day with no problems. Would a VPN connection help? Not sure how to set one up. I'm on DSL btw, with plenty of bandwith.
After being "locked out" yesterday around 4:45 I tried logging on again just before bed, around 11pm. Had no problem, and server pop was down to 830 or so.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Large Bat

Cant see any EQEMU servers unless i exit and restart the game a bunch of times. Been playing 6 months and this problem just started yesterday.

Of course it was the day after i died a continent away and didnt have time to go get my body until that day it suddenly couldn't connect lol
Old 10-24-2017, 08:27 PM
Kobold

I am experiencing this problem as well, will try re downloading this week

only starts around 6pm cst, if i log in, will crash every 4-5 zones, then have to relog countless times for it to start up
Last edited by Matalus; 10-24-2017 at 08:32 PM..