Old 10-15-2017, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Ohhhh boy I can't waitttt to hear what happens nextttt
Old 10-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Kobold

Post "Qeynos Most Wanted..."

~~~
Wednesday, October 25th, 3104. 10:15am:

Well, they holed me up in this goddamned room for almost 2 hours, and it got REALLY boring just sitting there. Smart move on the guards' part to take my Symbol of the Tribunal, because I'd almost forgotten that I could have summoned a hammer and beat down this stupid door by now! (The guards obviously took my weapons before throwing me into this room.)

...after quite a while, some apparently high ranking Keep officers come in and sit down at the table. They give me back my symbol of the Tribunal and apologize for having had to take it away.

(One of the officers starts):

"Why are you on the List of Qeynos Most Wanted but they don't attack or kill you on sight?"

(I shrug.) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"That list is one reason why we had to detain you momentarily."

"...the other reason is because you are a murderer."

(I give him an evil look with my eyes.)

(Sigh...) "In any case, they must really see something in you."

"This letter, though, now this is something else... I'm assuming they didn't tell you anything about it's contents?"

"No, sir." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Good. Make sure it stays that way!"

"You are excused. The guards will give you your weapons back at the gate... {Have fun being Lucan's pretty little lackey...}"

I walk away from the "meeting" slightly confused and very disappointed. I guess the matter is above my pay grade...

I leave the Keep to head back to Freeport so that I can inform Armorer Dellin and Captain Hazran about the delivery of the sealed letter. Lislia Goldtune's beautifully entrancing music fades away in the distance...hearing it reminds me that I have a letter to read later when I get back to my room back at the barracks.

As I hurry across the rickety wood bridges, I suddenly have a chance encounter with a captain that I've heard mentioned a few times back at the Freeport Militia House. I promptly salute him and report. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Captain informs me that he immediately recognized my name, and that there was some word going on around the Keep. (This immediately piqued my curiosity.) He goes on to inform me about a special bounty placed on orcs around the local area. I make a note to remember this for next time and promptly get back on my way before Kithicor goes dark...
~~~

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(An encounter with Captain Ashlan in Highpass Hold.)
Old 10-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Kobold

Post "You look like you could use a nice set of..."

~~~
(...continued):

I make exceptional time back towards the barracks, so much that I'm afforded a moment to stop at a remote inn located in East Commons for a pause. While perusing the shopkeeper's wares, he makes a casual comment saying that I could use a nice set of vambraces...

"Oh, really?"

I assume he's joking, because my current pay isn't really anywhere near enough to warrant a spending spree, but I playfully entertain his offer:

"...and what might you have in mind?"

(He brandishes an ornately decorated set of vambraces that almost resemble plate armor.)

"These."

"Given enough time, they may even make you stronger."

"What are they made of? They feel amazing..."

"Jaundiced Bone, of course..."

"...rumored to be fashioned from the very bones of Trakanon himself..."

There's no way I could afford them, and I tell him this, in a quite disappointed tone.

"Didn't I see you with two bear pelts the other day? Everfrost's highest quality, correct?"

(I nod.)

"I just may know of a buyer..."

He piques my curiosity and goes on to make a offer that I can't refuse. He offers to buy my current piece in exchange, and to bring the pelts to him quickly...

[...]

I make a hurried effort to slip into North Freeport without drawing too much attention from "the guys" and head to the bank to essentially empty my entire holdings. (If Armorer Dellin saw what I was doing, he'd be pissed!)

Some time passes as I frantically gather my bear pelts along with my entire accumulated stash of platinum, gold, silver, and copper to date. I sprint back to the inn, faster than a wolf, and hand everything over to the shopkeeper for my newfound piece of treasure...
~~~
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 10-19-2017 at 06:53 PM..
Old 10-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Kobold

Post What's that, soldier?!

~~~

Back in Freeport again, I promptly scurry to Dellin's office and report my successful mission:

"Excellent time, glad you made it back in one piece."

"Wait, what's that?! That's not standard issue!"

(Dellin is obviously referring to the gleam of my shiny new vambraces.)

"You steal that or something?!"

"No sir."

(He looks suspicious, but then concedes after a moment.)

"Very well, then."

"...you'd look good in a full set..."
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm excused from Dellin's office and head directly to the mess hall for some chow. Some of the guys are throwing a ruckus, and many are obviously quite drunk... I fend off a few advances towards me and make a rude gesture as I exit, leaving an unfinished plate of stew and a piece of bread.

I retire to my bunk and suddenly recall the letter that I'd placed into one of my bags. I light my reading lantern and sit down at the desk to read it, while the warm yellow flames lick and dance about...
~~~
Old 10-19-2017, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

A+ Keep it coming, I enjoyed the bit about your armor.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+ Keep it coming, I enjoyed the bit about your armor.
But it gets even better, a helpful Druid managed to surprise me with another piece... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it gets even better, a helpful Druid managed to surprise me with another piece... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No hints or teasers! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Kobold

~~~

...reading the letter brings a solemn sense of sadness and longing for my old home. It's hard to read through the lens of a teary eye.

The letter is from a Shaman friend back in Halas named Shyrayna. She goes on to tell me of her own adventurous departure to the Karanas.

"I knew you would make it! I was overjoyed when your first piece of mail arrived from Freeport..."

"I've been hunting bandits and wisps out here, and the gypsies are friendly to us Barbarians..."

"My Bog Juice has been a big hit around Halas, I'll have to save you some for your next return. Cindl has been asking about you, too. I told her you were doing well, and are a full-fledged member of the Militia reserve! Did you receive your tunic yet?"

I smile after reading the correspondence and put the letter in my foot locker. Not quite ready to turn in yet, I head over to the Seafarer's Roost to grab some drinks. The thought of sweet Bog Juice makes me crave some good alcohol... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~~~
Old 10-26-2017, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Post "A Fox in the Roost..."

~~~

...as I approach the Seafarer's Roost, I notice that it is unusually quiet...it obviously isn't open just yet. I go on to open the door, but pause in response to what I hear:

"I'm here with today's catch."

"Just throw it in the storeroom."

This phrasing catches me off guard, and sounds almost like coded speech. I duck under the stairs of the dock and hide as the door suddenly flies open.

An indistinct man goes around to a door on the bottom, under the dock. He enters the storeroom and I wait...

A long time passes, and the man never walks back through the door that he entered. Perplexed, I enter the door myself, and quietly peer around the darkened room.

Under the stairs, I suddenly notice the pale blue corpse of a female Dark Elf. I hurry over to the body and check for a pulse, but the corpse is about as cold as the stone floor. There is some crude form of identification near the body which appears to read: "Waylae"

I scour the room looking for any sign of foul play, and suddenly fall into a mysterious hidden staircase behind a false wall... A rather unassuming-looking door inside opens up to a dank underground room and passageway. I'm immediately greeted with the musty smell of mud, mold, and mildew. Another corpse appears to be located on the muddy floor; I don't even bother with that one...

Suddenly, a female voice calls me from the shadows:

"I knew you were nearby. I have a task for you..."

The voice emanates from behind another door which I push open. (I don't even begin to question how she sensed my presence.)

"Lucan's finest, and yet you question me?"

(This chick is way over the top, she's just *too* good.)

"I, I... I'm sorry."

"What do you need of me?"

(I enter her room and make my presence fully known.)

"Debts."

"Debts need to be paid. And you're the one who is going to collect!"

~~~
Old 10-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

“Sounds almost like coded speech”

you don’t say [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread