Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

druid
Old 10-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
play a warrior but only take rogue loot and always pretend to be a rogue when joining groups and you'll have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
demon hunter
Dammit, Filbus... This isn't World of Warcraft. (Where Rogues, Monks, and Warriors actually can efficiently solo for EXP.)
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Banned

yah Druid or Necro or Chanter I'd vote for.

Chanter is super easy to get enough cha for that will take you to 60
Old 10-18-2017, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

The class that gains the least from twinking is obviously magician, with bard being a very close second if bard sticks to kiting.

A mage can literally only buy malachite (2sp? per) and food/water and get to 60 like that with no issue whatsoever.

If they get epic'd they can even skip the malachite and just buy food/water.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

Untwinked isn't fun, it's a job.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Orc

Enchanter or Necro. Both these classes let you overcome gear with skill rather effectively. Even in groups, no one will know or care that you're wearing all cloth if you're good at your class.

The chanter was my first toon on P99 and I was practically naked until level 50 or so. Even then, it was mostly gear I picked up grouping. At some point I could've started soloing for my own gear or to farm plat, but I wanted the levels more than gear, so I kept playing with some junk plain cloth slots well into my 50s.

The necro is easy mode but once you get your first big boy lich, you'll really want at least some cheap HP gear since your hit points will drop like a rock with your mana regen. Even then you can look at gear like a luxury. Gear is just less downtime.

Shaman is OK to start with untwinked, but it kinda turns into a money pit as you level up. But at the lower levels, it's not as gear dependent--you're basically a cleric with SoW.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue if you don't mind being group bound. Untwinked rogues are fun specifically because how blatantly your character's damage improves every time you upgrade your weapons. There's nothing quite like seeing your new Ragebringer in action level 46-50ish.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOutdoorNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter or Necro. Both these classes let you overcome gear with skill rather effectively. Even in groups, no one will know or care that you're wearing all cloth if you're good at your class.

The chanter was my first toon on P99 and I was practically naked until level 50 or so. Even then, it was mostly gear I picked up grouping. At some point I could've started soloing for my own gear or to farm plat, but I wanted the levels more than gear, so I kept playing with some junk plain cloth slots well into my 50s.

The necro is easy mode but once you get your first big boy lich, you'll really want at least some cheap HP gear since your hit points will drop like a rock with your mana regen. Even then you can look at gear like a luxury. Gear is just less downtime.

Shaman is OK to start with untwinked, but it kinda turns into a money pit as you level up. But at the lower levels, it's not as gear dependent--you're basically a cleric with SoW.
Shaman also has that grey area before it's pet...also after it for a bit ... hard to solo/ sorta must group 30's-40's without it been a super twink but BOY do they come alive in their 50's especially with an epic.

LET THE 5 MOB ROOT ROT BEGIN!
Last edited by Beastagoog; 10-18-2017 at 06:54 PM..
Old 10-18-2017, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

He won't have his epic probably at level 50 in auld lang will he? I still recommend shaman though. They're great in groups, they don't really require any gear in groups, and they can solo, while at the same time being just bad enough at solo'ing to WANT to group sometimes. They're great to duo with as well. An untwinked shaman duo'ing with a twinked melee doesn't violate the rules of auld does it? That would give you all the benefits of twinking a few hours here and there.

They're not melee's though, but you won't be solo'ing on a melee in auld, basically at all. Or if you do end up solo'ing on a melee character with auld rules, you won't actually be using your melee.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman also has that grey area before it's pet...also after it for a bit ... hard to solo/ sorta must group 30's-40's without it been a super twink but BOY do they come alive in their 50's especially with an epic.

LET THE 5 MOB ROOT ROT BEGIN!
Yeah, it's a slog soloing for XP in your 50s without the epic, though. Much better to have a melee partner at least. But you can buff up dogdog with HP buff, haste, and regen, and set him loose on low level dungeons for some easy cash. And with all that extra STR from your buffs, you can go a long time without needing to vendor everything. And unlike the charmed chanter pet, dogdog won't eat you if you go AFK.

The shaman isn't very fun in groups though at higher levels. "Hey can I get SoW/str/dex/sta/agi/HP/regen?" swap your spells out, cast a bajillion buffs, canni down, rinse and repeat. It's nice being able to fill in for a cleric or chanter, but that's just more stuff to cast on top of all the buffs you're already casting. Playing a chanter is higher difficulty but much more fun IMO: crack the casters, haste the melees and keep the group from wiping, all while wearing a paper dress.
Closed Thread