Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Banned

Anyone do this recently? Just doing my due-diligence before attempting this tonight on High Sierra.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Banned

high sierra does indeed break wineskin

the fix in this thread did not work for me:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=282290

using the media fire wine skin wrapper file from this thread encounters this error:

Are you sure you want to update to the latest version of Winetricks?

The latest version from...
<!-- pageok --><!-- managed by puppet --><html><pre>pageok</pre></html>
will be downloaded and installed for this wrapper.

my next steps will be either downgrading OSX or Bootcamping Windows since I'm stuck at this point
Old 10-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Large Bat

I tried that as well, having a similar issue. Not sure what to try next.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Banned

guy in other thread suggests downloading lastest wineskin from scratch clean install

lets see if i get bored enough to try this wknd before giving up and trying a downgrade or bootcamp
Old 10-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Banned

Red face

So for those of you that upgraded to macOS High Sierra, here's what I did to get Project 1999 running on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch Early 2013).

First, obtain a Windows 7 x64 bit Professional full installation standalone .ISO, (you'll need a Windows license) NOT an OEM manufacturer Windows .ISO.

Follow this KB article VERBATIM:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

Upon completion of the above article, run windows update otherwise your graphics card won't be detected by EQ.

I copied an existing installation folder of p1999 off my backup drive to the MacBook and then downloaded the latest Project 1999 files patch. *(Project 1999 Files (V45) <-- at time of this post

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651

Prof

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2017, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Hello,

Hoping for some help here. I seem to be right at the end of the setup guide, but when I launch eqgame.exe I get the message "Please run EverQuest.exe"

I verified that the EXE flags says "patchme," and I didn't change anything from the default wine settings. I also made sure that my game folder was changed to P99 - it's a copy/paste job from the folder that is confirmed to work on my Windows machine.

I'm really not sure what needs to be changed here but I'd appreciate any help! This is on a MacBook Air 12" if that is important.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old 11-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Banned

As I mentioned previously, I was unable to get wine wrapper to work with OSX High Sierra. (latest version of OSX)

If you're using an older version of OSX, watch the Youtube guide video in the original post (AGAIN) but this time try a complete fresh install of EQ as they did. I can only say those steps worked for me back in 2013; which is the last time I ever got the wine wrapper method working on a Mac.

Good luck!
Old 12-27-2017, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I mentioned previously, I was unable to get wine wrapper to work with OSX High Sierra. (latest version of OSX)

If you're using an older version of OSX, watch the Youtube guide video in the original post (AGAIN) but this time try a complete fresh install of EQ as they did. I can only say those steps worked for me back in 2013; which is the last time I ever got the wine wrapper method working on a Mac.

Good luck!
I got it working.. all you need to do is unzip and run the wineskin app file -- if anyone is having issues let me know -- I can give you an FTP w/ the file it's about 3.6gb zipped up.. unzip and play.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Banned

nice work Vile

i ended up taking a burner laptop home to play on instead of shitting up my MBP again tho

PRaS