Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Default Here are some off the beaten path leveling spots in Kunark (24-40 range)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MS Paint wizardry

Last I was actively playing I did some leveling on my necromancer in a couple out of the way places and thought I’d share since I rarely if ever saw other people there. These are great for those lizards specifically because you’ll never be more than a zone or 2 away from Cabilis. Spoilers used to avoid a wall of nonsense.

24-32
Iksar Exiles, Swamp of No Hope

Intro

This place has been mentioned a few times in the Caster subforum as a great spot for Enchanters, it has worked out great for my Ranger, Druid, Monk, Shaman(s), and most recently Necro. See #4 on the map.

Pros
  • Static spawns (9 total) on the standard outdoor 6:45 timer.
  • Lv23 mob, always, no variance means easily predictable.
  • Good drops for the level, “fine steel” in value weapons, gems, 1-2pp average coin.
  • Trakanon’s Teeth zone is very close, if you mess up breaking the camp you can “easily” escape.
  • Easy to afk, no roamers, spot across the lake to chill.
  • Right next to Cabilis, easy to vendor and restock as needed.

Cons
  • Requires CC, almost impossible to camp here on my mage w/out dropping money on root nets.
  • Coin drops are mostly gold, along with the weapons means you’ll get encumbered often.
  • The “easily” escape bit above requires levitation, there isn’t much land mass and the Iksars can swim faster than you.

Tips

Depending on the class/gear you can start here at 24 but might be easier to wait till 25 or 26. The camp is split into 2 groups, a trio and gaggle of 6.

My goal on every character has been to split the trio up so they spawn about 2 minutes apart getting me into that steady exp grove. Stupid easy on the Ranger and Druid with harmony, Necro with screaming terror and FD but I found resists were really bad till I was 25 (obviously as the mobs are very high blue con), Monk derp, and finally the Shaman(s) were the harder bit having to root 1 mob, zone the other 2 (levitate is a must) to TT which is very close by, zone back in and try and tag just 1 of the others.

End Result

Overall the exp/cash is great here, It’s the most popular spot on this post as I actually saw other people from time to time, the mobs will turn “light blue” green once you hit 31 but still give good enough exp to keep on going til 32 at which point the exp feels like the hell level 30 again.

32-39 (39 is a maybe, I left at 35 for a familiar place)
Servants of Sythrax, Field of Bone

Intro

In the North Eastern most area of FoB is the Sythrax Temple, B on the map, accessible via an underwater tunnel. Inside is a hallway leading to a few rooms full of non agro but social Servants of Sythrax, deeper inside are some KoS Skeletal Jester’s and a named Troll SK. **I’ve only brought my Necro here so not sure how this would go for other classes.

Pros
  • For a soloer, great isolated camp, didn’t see another person the entire time I was here.
  • Non agro Servants means you can afk without worry.
  • Some pathing mobs but easy to learn the patrol patterns.
  • Undead, means more options for Necro, could charm but I prefer fear kiting.
  • Right next to Cabilis, easy to vendor and restock as needed.

Cons
  • Mobs are quite the undercon, hit hard combined with a cold/fire dd proc means pets will die fast.
  • Continuing from the above, high resists, plenty of fights went south running out of mana trying to cast darkness/fear.
  • No loot, not even bone chips, except a quest item for Iksar shamans and copper coin.
Tips

The wiki was outdated when I tried this camp, it listed the Servants as all being Lv27 (now shows 26-29), and it became immediately apparent that there was a level range as some of them would gently beat the piss out of my pet and resist a bit of my spells to bludgeoning my pet to shit and resisting 3-4 casts in a row. I had to take a lower level character here just to see if there was a range and sure enough some were yellow and others red.

End Result

Rough at 32 with resists but still doable, though I’m not sure how other classes would fair and/or find the camp viable. Was still good exp at 35 but I had another camp up my sleeve to get too. I would imagine with exp rules being exp rules that you could still get exp off the lowest level ones up to 39.

34-40
Various Goblins, Mines of Nurga

Intro

The tunnels leading back to the zone line for FM has 7 goblin spawns ready to rumble, 5 of which are single pulls and 2 that would require CC to split. Every class (less Monk/Enc) has a goblin representative here so except a lot of dispels, nukes, dots, and avoidable heals*. The wiki doesn't list these mobs in Nurga but does have info on them in the Temple of Droga page (levels range from 29-32 apparently). I’ve done 34-40 here on my Shaman and working the Necro through those levels currently.

Pros
  • As with all the other camps on this post, it’s isolated and will rarely be camped.
  • Decent loot: coin, fine steel, research components, the usual.
  • +Chardok faction from kills, along goblin skin and salt drops which will eventually be used for rep grinding once Chardok revamp happens.
  • Easy root rotting for those that can, plenty of room to fear kite as well.
  • Other areas to progress to once the Goblins stop giving good exp.

Cons
  • As with the other camps on this post, it’s isolated. Bring your own duo/group, if you care about a rez it’ll take extra coin to convince someone to come out there.
  • Casters like to dispel, dot, and nuke you and/or pet hard.

Tips

On that “avoidable heals” bit, it seems that (at least in this place) if the mob doesn’t have line of sight with either you or your pet then it won’t heal itself. I noticed this a lot on my shaman since I was root rotting at the time. Once all my dots were up I’d root the mob then run around a corner with my pet and the cleric/sham goblin would just sit there dying. It would only heal when I got back in sight.

Shaman tip, you can shrink yourself pocket size (twice) and swim up the water fall at the entrance to avoid having to run through the zone a bit to get to the camp.

End Result

Exp flows fast here and if the Chardok revamp ever happens the faction hits will be much appreciated, so getting those regen shoulders won't be as horrifying.

[Like/comment/subscribe], follow me on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Grindr/Myspace, hit me up with you’re a/s/l on AOL chat, you can find me streaming over at Twitch and Youtube under the name NonBinaryCactus-kinGenderFluidFishmonger.

That’s all for now, I will probably edit this 100 times in the next few days trying to fix spelling and grammar errors.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Those are some truly excellent write-ups Tann! Someday maybe I'll convert them to mini-guides in their own right on the wiki, but for now I've just added the first two to the Per-Level Hunting Guide (see signature). The guide already had an entry for Nurga exit, but I also added a link to this thread to it since there's so much more detail here.

Kudos to you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

OP is a good guy! Well thought out and formatted to promote ease of access, I like! @Tann You should definitely make a wiki account and start your own guide article. It needs more quality contributors! Content like this is warmly welcome. I too would be interested in moving this in it's whole complete form over to the wiki if need be.
Plus there is nothing that says a guide has to be for 1 to 50/60. There are a lot of leveling guides that are only low levels. I see no reason a mid-level guide would not be acceptable.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-06-2017 at 04:01 PM..
Old 10-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Nurga camped
Old 10-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

My problem with Nurga was there was a seemingly endless supply of Mage mobs. Damage shield, pets w/ tons of HP (but usually no exp), and wizard-like nukes with nigh-endless mana. Mage mobs are the worst. Does the exit area avoid this problem?
Old 10-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Nurga is a 22 min respawn? Strong 15 min downtime

this spot is useless unless I go play in rest of zone between spawns.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nurga is a 22 min respawn? Strong 15 min downtime

this spot is useless unless I go play in rest of zone between spawns.
Perhaps I should've prefaced the post by saying that I'm usually semi-afk, also neither my Sham or Necro are/were twinked in the slightest so I had little down time in Nurga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My problem with Nurga was there was a seemingly endless supply of Mage mobs. Damage shield, pets w/ tons of HP (but usually no exp), and wizard-like nukes with nigh-endless mana. Mage mobs are the worst. Does the exit area avoid this problem?
Yes mage mobs do spawn in there but they don't have pets, a goblin dirtcaller, though the wiki lists them as being only in Frontier Mountains.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

I got these onto the wiki in their most basic form. I encourage people to update and improve in positive and helpful ways. @Tann if you wanted to do your own all in one guide that's fine. I made these using a 'template' that Loramin showed me. A mini guide as he was referring to. In this way it can be improved for it's sole purpose.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Swamp_of...e_Iksar_Exiles
http://wiki.project1999.com/Field_of...nts_of_Sythrax
http://wiki.project1999.com/Mines_of_Nurga_Goblins
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got these onto the wiki in their most basic form. I encourage people to update and improve in positive and helpful ways. @Tann if you wanted to do your own all in one guide that's fine. I made these using a 'template' that Loramin showed me. A mini guide as he was referring to. In this way it can be improved for it's sole purpose.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Swamp_of...e_Iksar_Exiles
http://wiki.project1999.com/Field_of...nts_of_Sythrax
http://wiki.project1999.com/Mines_of_Nurga_Goblins
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] +1 forum point to Baler (and to Tann in the first place of course)!

Speaking from experience I know that doing these kind of wiki conversions takes time (which is why I lazily only did the Per-Level summary version myself), so kudos to Balor for volunteering to make these great guides available on the wiki!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

agreed nice job Baler and Loramin. time is more and more limited for me these days so i figured a forum post would suffice but knock yourself out if you wanna put it on the wiki.