Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-19-2022, 03:26 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default ERROR Please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from EQT Directory, files don't exist?

I'm actually so confused, I already fixed the whole "D:\EQ P99\eqgame.exe" patchme. error but now I'm getting a error saying, please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from you EQ Titanium Directory but the files do not exist. Hope somebody has a fix for this.

Thanks! Mike.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:27 AM
Orc

This might be related to an antivirus or system guardian style program blocking the extraction of the '.dll' files to your system.

Try temporarily disabling any antivirus or defender application if present. Either way, download the Project 1999 Patch Files and extract them again into your Everquest directory overwriting all files asked. If you think you may have inadvertently patched the Titanium client to Live, then you should start the install process over with a clean install.

Here is a link to the Install Guide for reference.

Here is a post regarding the false-positive virus flagging of '.dll' files that some people have encountered.

It appears at least one other person has run into something similar here.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I've tried putting down my windows firewall and reinstalling everything, still nothing.. put hours into trying many different solutions, I'm so at a loss it sucks.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:34 PM
Kobold

All I wanted to do was play again and all I did was update my fucking eq folder from a couple years ago and im fucked. gg man, guess i dont care enough to reinstall it 15 times. I already tried separate new folders and nope, this bullshit
Old 05-19-2022, 11:05 PM
Large Rat

I get those when I run as administrator but not when I just right click, open. If I just open it normie style, I see the server screen.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruffman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get those when I run as administrator but not when I just right click, open. If I just open it normie style, I see the server screen.
I got mine to work again, not sure if you've played on here but make sure you're running off a shortcut with patchme on it and admin also put it on win xp sp 2 compatibility. i forgot about all of that, although my main client just errors out so now my UI is destroyed.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got mine to work again, not sure if you've played on here but make sure you're running off a shortcut with patchme on it and admin also put it on win xp sp 2 compatibility. i forgot about all of that, although my main client just errors out so now my UI is destroyed.
You can copy your char's ini files to the working installation... That will restore their UI layouts so long as the screen resolution is the same.

-Mcoy
Old 05-20-2022, 10:18 PM
Large Rat

patchme? I've no idea what that is xD

Is this something I missed in the original instructions?

I did play at the beginning of the year for a bit, but somehow I never ran into any of these issues.

i'm also kinda afraid my character is gone xD