Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-25-2022, 06:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Something about deleting files...

I just started playing a few days ago, and somehow I missed section 2.3 from the getting started guide -- the one about file deletions. So I haven't as yet done that. What exactly happens if they're there?

Also, a couple of minor questions since I'm here. Is there any way to hotkey the inventory so you don't have to take your hand off the mouse to seek the I key? And is it possible to have more than one hotbar on the server, and if so, how?

Thanks a lot.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I think that was part of the old guide. You had to delete nektulos and lavastorm because otherwise you'd have the "new" versions and if you tried to zone into one of them you'd be in a void. No issues if you forgot - you could simply delete them any time and just re-extract the latest patch.

You can find the current guide at the top left of the home page, or here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651

You can change keybinds in options (alt + o). Although how frequently do you really need to open your inventory window?

You cannot have more than one hotbar visible as that functionality was added outside of the classic-velious era. However, you can have multiple pages of hotkeys on the one bar - and changing pages is as as simple as (shift + 1-9).

-Mcoy
Old 06-27-2022, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magephyre1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just started playing a few days ago, and somehow I missed section 2.3 from the getting started guide -- the one about file deletions. So I haven't as yet done that. What exactly happens if they're there?

Also, a couple of minor questions since I'm here. Is there any way to hotkey the inventory so you don't have to take your hand off the mouse to seek the I key? And is it possible to have more than one hotbar on the server, and if so, how?

Thanks a lot.
I feel like when i've made this mistake over the years, 1 of 2 things can happen.
1- You login, get to character select screen and your characters aren't there.
2- You login, and all is well until you go to to one of these zones. And then you go LD and can't get back in, or you zone in to some wack location, like under the map.