Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-24-2022, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
To Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic, once the Federal Reserve has delivered half-of-a-percentage point rate hikes as Chair Jerome Powell has signaled, “a pause in September might make sense.”

“I think a lot of it will depend on the ground dynamics that we are starting to see” both of the inflation the Fed is trying to contain and the impact of higher interest rates on the economy, he told the Rotary Club of Atlanta on Monday.
Whew, that was a rough couple months. Glad that's over.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

What % of people own homes in the USA? (65%)

Ok so all it takes to run a pyramid scheme is to convince 65% of the country to invest in one.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Since this is the rational economic thread or as rational as it gets, I have a serious question..

If the "petro dollar" is so important to making our economy work... why would we try to even make this transition off of fossil fuels that Biden is talking about here?

But on that note, as we do move to reenables, doesn't that mean that the petro dollar, and our economy will surely collapse for sure? Does anyone know? I am confused about this one bigly.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this is the rational economic thread or as rational as it gets, I have a serious question..

If the "petro dollar" is so important to making our economy work... why would we try to even make this transition off of fossil fuels that Biden is talking about here?

But on that note, as we do move to reenables, doesn't that mean that the petro dollar, and our economy will surely collapse for sure? Does anyone know? I am confused about this one bigly.

Haha, petrodollar make car go vroom vroom.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Jib the 0 percent interest rate from the fed goes directly to the banks. In other words banks were getting money printed for free and their only job was to make it more than 0% profit by spending that money. If they get a billion dollars and make .5% profit they still make 5 million dollars. If you made half a percent profit you would be out of business because inflation is greater than half a percentage and you don't have enough VOLUME of money for half a percent to keep the wheels turning, boat floating, whatever your favorite analogy is.

That free money in the market means inflation for you and I who are on fixed incomes, whos incomes do not adjust for inflation.

The expected inflation is impacting market prices on hard assets and "real estate" because those things will maintain value relative to the actual value of the dollar. The price increase in a home can be used as a more effective gauge of actual inflation today than whatever nonsense rates the government provides people.

A healthy food item I like to buy just went from 9.99 to 10.99 that is about 10% inflation overnight for me. I don't make 10% more money but that food now costs 10% more.

The robbery is in the form of inflation. You don't get to take part in making the inflation (billions of dollars of hand outs don't deliver do your desk or your favorite industry who's profit you share in) but the negative impact you do feel.

It is also something that could be done intentionally to drive people INTO "the markets" as in countries where hyperinflation is real they don't get paid in actual money, they get paid in stocks so that the value of their pay can fluctuate with the markets and they don't get their paycheck cut in half over night.

This is also a sham because investing in "the markets" essentially means you are giving your money BACK to the same scumlords who have squandered the value of your labor and the dollar, to their gain. Essentially they make money on both sides. They spend money before inflation hits, then they get all the leftover money from you back in the form of "investments" in their organizations. Before societal collapse this all serves to bolster the strength of the "Status quo" as these guys get infinite money from the government in form of 0 percent interest, plus with the inflation they create they have provided incentive for you to invest in their organizations or "the market" in general.

Sounds fucked right?

Might be time to start raising some chickens or something? Maybe.

This all has the effect that a person who works on their car now saves even more money. All of your real life skills have more value than they used to especially when they have survival value.

Spend some time in kelelthin and get your fletching skills up.

Furthermore - a 30 year mortgage at the highest possible dollar value a person can afford also does very much to support the status quo. Everyone with a mortgage has massive incentive to STFU and keep having a job that lets them pay the bills. Because they are "earning" their "wealth" meaning when they have finished spending their entire life paying off a mortgage they now have enough value in that home that they can retire and have BBQ's on sundays until they die 10 years later or whatever. God forbid anyone thinks about what they should actually be doing with the 30 years of their life they spend paying off a mortgage.

So the implicit threat of total poverty and massive inflation drives people to dive further and further into status quo support, which means supporting the evil powers that be who are bamboozling everyone at all times. Maybe you manage to get a LEG UP on all the other victims, so despite being a victim of this at least you're one of the more prosperous victiim who's entire lifes work means you can be sort of comfortable for a handful of years before you die, as long as you don't spend too much time thinking about all of the very very unfortunate victims of this system you just barely scratch out a "benefit" from.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 05-24-2022 at 03:03 PM..
Old 05-24-2022, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

We have to transition off of fossil fuels. Best to do it gradually though and not basically punish people still driving gasoline-fueled vehicles, which includes every single hauling truck on the road.

Some of us knew the left would use this gas price surge as a tool to promote their green energy initiative through their puppet Biden, as if electric vehicles are the practical solution we need vs high gas prices.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

I just dont unerstand the gas price petro dollar thing, if we're not using gas then doesnt the us dollar collapse?

also ty gustoo seems to check out w. me
Old 05-27-2022, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

This is the home ownership I respect:

prob go down like this though anyway when the sky is ignited in raging nuclear fire.

Last edited by Jibartik; 05-27-2022 at 02:49 PM..
Old 06-04-2022, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

lol

https://twitter.com/SUNDAYPHILLIPS_/...JRZNc5yZOqnurw

god damn party of Davos knows millennials best lmao

Quote:
"if you asked a lot of millennials, they'd tell you they dont desire to own a home, or a car, they grew up with the sharing economy and if they can move into a turnkey ready home, that's very compelling for them."
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol raise your hand if that's you.
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-04-2022 at 05:44 PM..