Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-10-2022, 11:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do people actually raid still? I have a 60 epic monk and warrior. Always wanted to finish the epic on my bard but I figured it was impossible to get a white scale and kill Trak now.

Also have a 60 bard, epic rogue, epic but not 60 cleric, and a few SKs 55+ because I couldn't decide which race I wanted to play. Plus a few other assorted 50+ classes, wiz, ranger.
Several nights per week people raid
Old 03-11-2022, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean by that logic, why play at all then? Essentially all your time will be "down the toilet" no matter what server you play on. Those years you spent on live? DOWN THE TOILET! You ever look at your live characters anymore? Didn't think so.

Stop waiting for the staff to recreate something and just play Red for I don't know... fun? The same fun you will be having on Blue/Green but with a hint of PVP.
You guys dont take the time to read me properly. If people enjoy average less than 1 person per zone, soloing all the way to 55, more power to em. I find it boring and its safe to assume most people will find it boring.

Thats precisely my point, that this dead server isnt nowhere near a live experience. I get that we will not hit those numbers ever, but a reset will bring back at least 300+ to begin with and it could grow instead of dwindle if the devs play their cards right.

My other point was that by leaving the server in limbo with no update on 2.0, it shows a disregard for people who still play here. Because if they just input us something, we will know whats up. Either we know we wont get a new server, so we could work on doing the best we can with what we got, so people who still play can enjoy a better server which will have an influx of people just by knowing that we will never get a new one.

Or if theres one coming, people might take a break and not work on toons they will have to abandon in 3 months or whenever that other server's coming. Either way its a shitty thing to do not to update whats up, if only for the people who still play on red.
Old 03-11-2022, 01:05 AM
Aviak

There's a leveling guild that's getting decent. Not really solo. Groups aren't guaranteed but frequent. Especially 30 up
Old 03-11-2022, 05:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekbringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a leveling guild that's getting decent. Not really solo. Groups aren't guaranteed but frequent. Especially 30 up
Its still not an even-remotely-close-to live server experience. Red launch even though it had 600 players wasnt even a live server experience because of xp loss in pvp. Sullon if im not mistaken had xp loss (within 5 levels, just checked) but to me was such a terrible experience (getting one shot by a 45 wiz in blackburrow) that i immediately rolled on Rallos.

I mean again if u wanna solo-ish climb to the end and see practically no one in zones, with no pvp besides getting ganked once in a while by a twink, not knowing if out of the blue red 2.0 is gonna pop and youll end up with toons on a deader-than-dead server, more power to you. But Red to me deserves its shot at a healthy pop and no xp loss from day1 to have at least a couple of months of glorious Rallos-like experience with 300+ players.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-11-2022 at 05:40 AM..
Old 03-11-2022, 09:05 AM
Aviak

Oh I'd prefer a new server. Just stating that red is fun.

I imagine blue is like a crowded day in Disney, while red is like renting the park out and having no lines.

Red pop would grow if people who play solely to pvpv would respect the fact that some people are there predominantly to pve. Too many guys kill a player with no intentions of taking the camp only to linger and camp the corpse, hellbent on wasting hours and preventing play entirely for the other person. No honor or respect in that.

Healthy Pvp is fun sport or a way to strategically control territory. It doesn't have to feel like a hate crime.

If all you ex NTOV gunfighters came back under a "shane" type role and protected the farmers from the land barons, relentlessly hunting the tyrants of the world two things would happen: you'd get challenging equally geared pvp and new players would get exposure while also being able to pve enough to maybe close the gear gap a bit and at least have a mathematical road to victory in a fight.

Pvp is fun but "your" fun doesn't preclude you from being a respectful and decent citizen. We are all playing on the same playground. If you want people to play your game should try to ensure mutual fun or at least not outright misery. The deer hunter kills the buck but leaves the doe to foster future bucks. Some of these guys overfish the waters with all the self control of a fat kid at his mammaws house, the one with the sams club card and all the candy barrels.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekbringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If all you ex NTOV gunfighters came back under a "shane" type role and protected the farmers from the land barons, relentlessly hunting the tyrants of the world two things would happen: you'd get challenging equally geared pvp and new players would get exposure while also being able to pve enough to maybe close the gear gap a bit and at least have a mathematical road to victory in a fight.
I have a badly geared 60 sham and a 40 monk with 3 good items, thats basically it. The only thing preventing me and probably a bunch of others from +1'ing the server is we dont know if out of the blue, 2.0 is going to be announced.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:41 AM
Aviak

Well if it is, it would behoove you to be playing and not suck at pvp
Old 03-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Several nights per week people raid
Which guilds are there currently that are able to muster up some raids? I wouldn’t mind checking it out.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well if it is, it would behoove you to be playing and not suck at pvp
I dont care about sucking in pvp. I suck in pvp. Low level, trash pvp suited me just fine when i played on live. Its fun. Someone mentioned Jooke recently, the twinked rogue on Rallos and it was one of the few players i knew i had to run away from when i saw him because there was just no way i could beat him. When the server is healthy and has a bunch of people, those few like jooke dont matter much. When the only thing you are coming across in zones are jookes, thats when it sucks and why i was dismayed at seeing the staff letting it happen when red launched initally.

Seriously, i dont wanna deter people from playing here but this wont stop me from saying the state of things is really bad and a reset would be well welcome and im sure everyone would be on board once the server gets turned on.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:25 PM
Aviak

If your body isn't ready, I'm not going to push you.