Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-05-2022, 04:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New UI sakui - Classic style for 1080* resolution

Sorry, I lied, it's not exactly 1080. It was developed to be used in windowed mode at a resolution height of 1050. I myself play at 1920x1050 with the brightness increased (the screenshots may look darker because of that)... but Sakam, why that weird resolution? Because it is the perfect size to play in a window that covers your full 1920x1080 monitor.

Anyway, introducing my classic style interface:
Imgur Album

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Made using the old classic that's around the forum and Jibartik's velious UI which was an inmense help for this. After coming back to P99 I found some old UIs didn't work because windows had been removed and others were simply tiny, to the point where you can't read the text comfortably.
My purpose then was to make an interface that uses BIG (fontsize 5) text to prevent eye strain and big images in general. Some of them had to be custom made to fit while others were AI upscaled from the originals, like the spellbook.

For now it's made for classes that use spells. Pure melees don't have a Spellbar and that leaves an ugly hole. Melee version may come later

DOWNLOAD
========
(MEGA) > https://mega.nz/file/cA8V3IxC#bGcc7T...gI_WiyI3yVVEgM

INSTALLATION
=========
Unzip the folder sakui into your uifiles folder located inside your Everquest folder (i.e C:\EverQuest\uifiles\)
Optionally, you may use the provided UI_Player_project1999.ini. To do so, replace "Player" to your characters name in the game. (i.e. UI_Sakam_project1999.ini)

Since it's meant to be used for 1920x1050 or whatever width you want, you have to set your resolution in your eqclient.ini located in your everquest main folder.

[VideoMode]
Width=1920
Height=1050
WidthWindowed=1920
HeightWindowed=1050
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1050

KNOWN ISSUES
==========
Of course it has it's flaws, like the spells inside the spellbook have their red/blue marquee cut on one side. That's an unintended side effect from fitting the buffs in the buffwindow that I don't know how to fix.
The class animation is missing on the left sidebar but I have no idea how to make it use the correct class. I could put an animation there but it would have to be the same regardless of what job you're playing at the moment which may be odd.
The HELP, OPTIONS and PERSONA buttons are fake. They're included for aesthetics only, however the spells and the spellbook icon work to open your spellbook.

I've tested it extensively for a few weeks and should work fine, but feel free to post any bugs you may find.

-Sakam 51Druid Nunaly 34Wiz

PS: I'm on Blue and looking for a guild to casually raid during GMT hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2022, 05:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Forgot to add. To load the UI inside the game, use /loadskin sakui
Old 04-05-2022, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Awesome job.
Darklotus [60 Rogue]
Cranial [55 Necro]
Cheechx [52 Ranger]
Chongi [52 Mage]
Dreadlord [44 Shadowknight]
Old 04-05-2022, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah man that’s fantastic great work
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-05-2022, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Classy stone work.
Old 04-05-2022, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Pras
Discord: MaCtast1c#7275
Old 04-05-2022, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Looks great.

Will donate 25 dollars for you to make the same thing but with a 4:3 viewport and all the other windows optimized for a 16:9 1080p setup

I feel like anyone who uses a 4:3 viewport and realizes how much more can be seen will not go back.

But that is one beautiful UI. Only thing I wish it had was visible EXP % points.

Gosh it looks so much closer to the way its supposed to be this way.

Please God let P99 staff not force shitbox modified velious UI for next new server launch.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Let's see if I got your idea correctly. You want a 1920x1080 window total, where the play area, i.e. the /viewport playable area is in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Something like the attached image?
That would make the playable area... something like 1066x800 if you want to leave enough room for a decently sized chat window. A viewport of 1200x900 would leave a mere 180 pixels for the chats and might be too little (picture was sketched with those dimensions).

That leaves a LOT of room in the sidebars.

This is actually my 2nd UI. The first version was made for a resolution of 1280x1024 (4:3) but that's not what you're mentioning here.

Edit: Unless you mean just a left and right bars with the viewport spanning the full 1080 height
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UI layout measures.jpg (22.8 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by Sakam; 04-05-2022 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Added clarification.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

What you have above is exactly what I had in mind.

The chat windows may need to be arranged in an unorthodox fashion, including but not limited to having the game area shifted completely to one side in order to maximize vertical space, with all the other UI elements mashed into the right or left side of the game area.

I haven't optimized this myself yet which is why I have asked for it. Every time I go to get it dialed in something happens and I end up at square one, and then not playing enough to take the hour + to get it dialed in again.

It doesn't help that I have a "3k" resolution display (still 16:9) when I dock my laptop, then a standard 1080p when it is undocked which also makes havoc with the game.

But you have the right idea. How to make a 4:3 viewport work best in a 1080p scenario is a matter of personal opinion. It won't look as clean as your first setup that is for sure.

Take note of how much less zoomed in and weird the game looks when you're in a 4:3 viewport, and you might find it worth the trouble to optimize that setup.

In any case your work here is great already thanks for the contribution to the community.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

A simple way could be to just make the viewport in your already well design UI be 4:3, and fill the newly dead black space with permanently open bags, which some pro-late-meta-game UI's have implemented.
Lost but not forgotten.