Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-06-2022, 01:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Looks like that would stray too far from the classic UI vision.

For now, I'll focus on releasing the melee version of this UI, which shouldn't take too long since it's just the hotbar window
Old 04-06-2022, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

How about a 4:3 version that goes all the way to the bottom with the chat windows stacked in the new dead space even though they would be narrow and annoying for people.

Seriously 4:3 makes the game look significantly better, have you tried it? I know it makes formatting more difficult but its basically shows you an uncropped image of the game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 04-06-2022 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-06-2022, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

This UI is AWESOME.

Question.. as a pet class, are you limited to the 2 chat boxes?
Old 04-06-2022, 03:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oh, it has 2 chat windows simply because that's what I used but since there's so much horizontal space, you can simply right click a chat window > New Chat window and move it where you want it.
The 2 chat windows already present are locked. Just unlock them by right clicking the chat window > Window > Lock and the you can move and/or resize it

There's still the usual pet window. You can toggle it with Alt + F1
Last edited by Sakam; 04-06-2022 at 03:36 PM..
Old 04-06-2022, 05:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Melee version released

Melee version of the UI has been made!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's all the same as the standard/caster version but since pure melees don't have a spellbar or EQUI_CastSpellWindow, it appeared as an empty black space. This release fixes that by extending the hotbar window to span the whole height of the screen.

It's missing the SPELLS button and spellbook, of course, the spellgems are disabled and the HELP, OPTIONS and PERSONA buttons are still fake, for the sake of appearances. Other than that, it's all the same UI as before.

DOWNLOAD
========

MEGA > https://mega.nz/file/sRMnFbxD#6wxwlL...2aps9WUpkQ8S-E

INSTALLATION
=========

Same deal as with the caster version:
Unzip the folder sakui into your uifiles folder located inside your Everquest folder (i.e C:\EverQuest\uifiles\)
Optionally, you may use the provided UI_Player_project1999.ini. To do so, replace "Player" to your characters name in the game. (i.e. UI_Sakam_project1999.ini)

Since it's meant to be used for 1920x1050 or whatever width you want, you have to set your resolution in your eqclient.ini located in your everquest main folder.

[VideoMode]
Width=1920
Height=1050
WidthWindowed=1920
HeightWindowed=1050
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1050

Please contact me if you find any issues with any version of the UI

- Sakam
Old 04-06-2022, 06:40 PM
Large Rat

Thank you for doing all this! I'm a fan of videogame history and projects like these make me smile.

I'm curious to know more about how you accomplished this. Did you have to mess the the XML files? I would love to see future refinements of this UI for other resolutions. Maybe I can help. I'm a photoshop wizard and pixel perfectionist.

Looks like the gemstones are locked to a certain resolution?

Thanks again!
Old 04-06-2022, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Can this be used on Green??
Old 04-06-2022, 07:06 PM
Large Rat

Looks like the bones of the UI are compatible with Velious. You just have to update your eqclient.ini and player UI file before starting the game. Works for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2022, 07:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Re: Gemstones. They are split into 2 parts, the gemstone holder and the gem itself. In my case, the Gembackground is in the spellbar background image and the gem itself comes from another file. As such if you were to increase their size, you have to first upscale the GemBackground, the Gem itself and of course change the xml files.

Correct. The UI is composed of the image files and the XML files.

The XML files (there are a LOT) normally point each one to a very specific window piece. Like there's EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml which contains the information of just the player window. The name, surname and player gauges.
You basically specify the location of each component and size and some other parameters.

The player name in the PlayerWindow is this:
Code:
<Label item ="PW_Name">
	<ScreenID>PW_Name</ScreenID>
	<EQType>1</EQType>
	<Font>5</Font>
	<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
	<Location>
		<X>32</X>
		<Y>26</Y>
	</Location>
	<Size>
		<CX>120</CX>
		<CY>16</CY>
	</Size>
	<Text></Text>
	<TextColor>
		<R>198</R>
		<G>198</G>
		<B>198</B>
	</TextColor>
	<NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
	<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
	<AlignRight>false</AlignRight>
</Label>
As you can see it specifies the location (relative to the window itself with the top left corner being position X0 Y0) of the box (because all elements are contained in a box), the size of it and some other stuff like Text alignment and if it wraps the text and the font size it has.

For the images it's a little bit different. You have to load the file itself, create Ui2DAnimations which create single images from inside the image file and then use a StaticAnimation to actually set it into an element.

It sounds complicated but after a bit of digging, it's pretty easy
Old 04-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the thorough response! I'm gonna have a crack at my own customizations and tweaks soon!

As an art project I remade the stone UI in OBS and recorded a small friendly lan party. I did a quick edit of our session and mastered it to VHS. I have the video unlisted on youtube if anyone is curious what that looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-ruiFky7Q