Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 06-12-2022, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Default Wizard rain research

Curious if anyone has researched the wizard rain spells and their progression with classic era patches. There are two mechanics I’m interested in. I looked around in old archives and didn’t find much to speak to these.

Rain resist check parsed have indicated that rain spells resist at a higher rate than comparable DD spells. I found plenty of complaints about rain spells in the old forum post archives but didn’t see this concern, mostly breaks root/mez, damages you, aggro other mobs, and no killing blow (more on that below). I’m wondering if anyone knows if this was nerfed at some point in the timeline or where the resist rate comes from?

Killing blow resist: I also wanted to check if a fix was ever put in for this. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ht=Rain+spells. It seems like mobs don’t poof when the killing blow doesn’t resist (seems like lower level mobs it works?) I wonder if the resist should be removed during this era too.