Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Editing sound files

Thanks for the tweaks listed in the stickys above, My game is looking and sounding great.

Like many I find the thunder and open chest (fletching kit in my case) sounds to be a harsh on my eardrums. So I wanted to edit them. I first edited the SoundAssets.txt file. Like I do with ini files I just changed .wav to .waf and indended the line so find easy if I need to change it back.

Then I came across the thread regarding SD3spy. That seemed to be a better option to me. I thought it would just be a case of extracting the .wav files adjust the attenuation then add them back which is what I did. I then changed the .txt file to correctly have .wav from .waf.

I didn't work. There's is no sound for those actions still. So I just copied and pasted from my backup the SoundAssets.txt and the snd2.pfs files overwriting the edited ones. Still no sounds it's as if I deleted the files. I can live without the sounds, it's just the thunder and container sounds.

Ultimately I'd like to have them back but at a lower volume. ie use SD3spy and Audacy to edit the files. But first I need too get them back into the game.

Has anyone recenly used SD3Spy to edit sounds? Is it even allowed to edit sound files on this server? I noticed that saving spellsets has been disabled for P1999 so maybe sounds have to stay original too?
Old 05-17-2015, 11:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Fixed. SD3Spy works as expected. I Now have the correct sounds that are now quieter.

When you extract multiple files from the SD3 editor it doesn't give you an option to browse to where you want to put them. They went right to my game directory.

I found them and deleted them and now my edited files are working fine in the game. There is an option when you extract single files. I just got lazy.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:16 AM
Banned

Just wanted to let you know I read your post. I understand exactly what you're trying to do, and I hope you have success.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

btw if you manage to find the actual lavastorm explosion sound, the entire community would be grateful