Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Cleric Epic Wait List?

Hail, travelers. I am Mcoy. Perhaps you've seen me around over the past few years. I am a casual cleric who has bumbled their way to 60 mostly due to the fact that I can rez myself so my drunken shenanigans have no consequences.

I've managed to get to the point where I'm ready to spawn Ixi. I have Cina to thank for this as her epic pet absolutely destroyed the plasmatic priest I waited over a year to spawn. However, I have no idea what the scene around this particular mob is currently like. I would like to request an available time slot in which I may complete my turn-in and hopefully successfully engage this target. I have no force ready; nor have I sought any advice on this matter. But hey- everyone wants a CoF amiright?

I welcome anyone's advice on this subject.

I am in no hurry. Pixels are shiny but I am perfectly happy to wait until all the socks are full of poop. All I'm asking is for a timeframe, or to be told I'm an idiot and should be camping in BW, or amassing plat to purchase a MQ or w/e.

Please note that this is not holding me up. I wiped in Chardok due to being newb, and I have yet to attempt that again.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Mcoy (Rodcet Nife)
Old 03-06-2017, 06:46 AM
Banned

Best of luck on this endeavor. More than likely they'll force you to pay virtual money by the minute just for looking in the same direction as an epic mob. TBH.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

I'd log in to help with this. Of course, providing I'm home to do so. As far as getting a "chance" to complete a part of your epic, I'm not sure of the level of sockedness that is at this juncture. If I had to guess, I'd befriend some top guilds that do such activities to gain a knowledge of when they insta-gank said piece of epic holder. Hope you get to complete your epic without being forced into a "pay to play" type scenario.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Kobold

Ixiblat isn't really a bottleneck mob. The quest NPC to spawn him is up super frequently. You should be able to walk over to BW and dunk him whenever you want. There's a small chance that you'll run into someone else (like anything in EverQuest) but if someone else is already there the respawn time is roughly an hour (mob pops at a certain in game time, I think 72 minutes is how long an in game day lasts) so it should only be a relatively minor inconvenience.

I can help you kill this on my rogue if you PM me beforehand as I don't really log into the game anymore. In an absolute worst case scenario I have the sceptre from ixiblat on my necro and I can MQ it to you for free. You shouldn't have any trouble spawning/killing ixiblat on your own though.

EDIT: I just noticed you have no force ready to kill ixi. Thankfully hes not too huge of a threat. I'd find a warrior with defensive(a well geared monk also works), a shaman, and a few DPS. A druid can also be nice for extra safety to snare Ixiblat and any potential charmed pets. Ideally you'd kite ixiblat until hes slowed, have the shaman zone out their aggro, then have the warrior pick it up and kill it. DS potions are effective on this mob. If you lack an enchanter, you can have one person melee ixiblat with tash sticks to get him tashed. He regens enough that he won't summon. Necromancers, Enchanters, and people with puppet strings can charm Slixin Klex for a lot of extra DPS. You should be totally fine with just Sinister Slix for DPS, assuming the tank uses DS potions. If no charmed pet, 1-2 buffed rogues worth of DPS should suffice.
Last edited by Lowako; 03-06-2017 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: advice on killing ixi
Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

I have a 58 rogue who can help. PM me day and time your going to spawn him and I'll try to be on
Old 03-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Kobold

You have rezzed/buffed multiple of my characters multiple times around norrath so ill lend a helping hand with this jus PM me day/time
Old 03-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Mcoy is the man! Nicest cleric on the server~

Shizz would help but afraid we too low to have much of an impact..

------------
Byrrd
Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Can lend a hand on my 60 druid if I am on and notice what's going on in time!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 03-06-2017, 12:03 PM
Banned

If you do ixi can send me a tell in game I'll help. If you can manage a pre slow can be done with half a group.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Kobold

hit up doritos if you need a shaman bud, ixi is a pushover slowed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread