Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What do you think should happen to P99 raiding?
Create a rotation for Raid mobs 79 42.25%
Create some sort of class system like before 22 11.76%
Leave it as is, Suffer you bastards! 58 31.02%
Complete ruleset overhaul ( post what you think ) 18 9.63%
I don't raid P99 only play here casually so I dont care 10 5.35%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe there's some mathematicians around that can use Bayes' Theorem to prove that all of A/A tagged characters and every account on the same IP as A/A are the source of 99% of the petitions and 99% of the RMT and make this obvious course of action justified.
That silver hat looks good on you
Old 01-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

OP doesn't know how to do a poll
Old 01-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. It needed a Trump/Towers option.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. It needed a Trump/Towers option.
Exactly, FQ poll golden rule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Admins should regulate a rotation and ignore all the jerk offs who don't even play on p99.
Was said on page 2. I said it. ME!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Kobold

anytime you die to a raid encounter your character is deleted.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

It seems they are never going to roll with the weekly repop idea which would resolve a lot of issues and remove the need for many of the rules on this server.

They also seem to refuse to want to reduce variance because they know it will inevitably lead to poopsocking (I still cannot figure out why they care how nerds spend their free time...). Really Variance being dropped to 4-8 hours would help. A far more sane 2 hour window would be the most reasonable solution to preventing people knowing exact spawn times.

I'm in favor of three changes to the current system, assuming the big two listed above are off the table:

1. Allow the FTEs in ToV/Kael to be two different styles. You must still race per the prescribed rules but when you acquire FTE you shout out whether your FTE is a Competitive or a Noncompetitive FTE.

Competitive means you have 20 minutes to kill it, if you wipe (enters camp and tank dies) it unlocks to FFA and you are not "locked into" this mob, allowing you to have multiple mobs FTE'd, each with their own 20 minute window. If you fail to kill it within 20 minutes, wipe or let it Gate and zone out/camp... you have failed and cannot take another attempt at this mob. You're limited to 3 concurrent competitive windows at a time (I.E. you can't lock into 15 mobs in ToV on a repop to prevent others from doing so)

Noncompetitive means you have 24 hours to kill the mob, if you wipe during your 24 hours nothing happens only the timer expiring causes the mob to open up to FFA, and you are only allowed to have 3 Noncompetitive timers in any given week.

You cannot mix and match FTE styles. If you want the Noncompetitive style you can only call for those, likewise the Competitive style.

2. In an attempt to reduce lawyerquest, the stall/kite rules will be removed and replaced with a generic 10 minute rule. From the time you FTE any mob outside of locked in ToV/Kael targets (VP, ST, Dain, Yelinak, Outdoor Kunark Dragons, and ToV/Kael mobs that went FFA), you have 10 minutes to kill the mob. If an FTEer dies and the aggro list is reset (which would allow any other guild to contest the mob) the timer resets. If coding allowed any raid mob on aggro for longer than 10 min gains DT until his aggro list is wiped would be entertaining too.

So if you want to aggro Yelinak with your first CotH'd warrior wait around 5 minutes and then burn down Yelinak in 4 minutes you're free to do so. If you want to kite Severilous for 8 minutes pull him in and kill you're free to do so.

Yes it opens up a little bit of a new meta for Yelinak/Dain/ST type engages but it removes so much of the ambiguity of kiting/stalling and the absolutely ridiculous FRAPSing the top guilds partake in. Just a simple poke of Braknar and Sirken to check encounter logs and if the initial FTE - Time of Death exceeds 10 minutes, suspend. 10 minutes is long enough for any of these targets to be pulled across a zone and killed.

3. ToV dragons must be killed in their respective wings. If you want to train pull, do it within the wing the dragon spawns in so 4-way and entrance remain safe. You may now camp at Eashen Stairs and HoT entrance without breaking any "camp near target" rules left over from Kunark.

-----

Unfortunately I know my suggestions don't impact more casual guilds who just refuse to partake in the racing. Hopefully it allows some on a sim repop though to acquire a few FTEs as Noncompetitive and figure out how, after a few attempts and possibly some wipes, to kill these targets as EQ was intended to be played.

Aside from repops, massive variance reduction or a mandated rotation/bag limit I cant think of any ways to get casual guilds into opportunities for raid mobs without partaking in the current racing.

I always liked the idea of mobs shouting zonewide when they spawn so there is no benefit to tracking. Everyone is on even footing knowing when/which mobs spawn. But you'd still have nerds 24/7 socking the race line like they did in VP. Could even remove the race rules and go back to live FTEs only but again you'd have nerds sitting waiting.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems they are never going to roll with the weekly repop idea which would resolve a lot of issues and remove the need for many of the rules on this server.

They also seem to refuse to want to reduce variance because they know it will inevitably lead to poopsocking (I still cannot figure out why they care how nerds spend their free time...). Really Variance being dropped to 4-8 hours would help. A far more sane 2 hour window would be the most reasonable solution to preventing people knowing exact spawn times.

I'm in favor of three changes to the current system, assuming the big two listed above are off the table:

1. Allow the FTEs in ToV/Kael to be two different styles. You must still race per the prescribed rules but when you acquire FTE you shout out whether your FTE is a Competitive or a Noncompetitive FTE.

Competitive means you have 20 minutes to kill it, if you wipe (enters camp and tank dies) it unlocks to FFA and you are not "locked into" this mob, allowing you to have multiple mobs FTE'd, each with their own 20 minute window. If you fail to kill it within 20 minutes, wipe or let it Gate and zone out/camp... you have failed and cannot take another attempt at this mob. You're limited to 3 concurrent competitive windows at a time (I.E. you can't lock into 15 mobs in ToV on a repop to prevent others from doing so)

Noncompetitive means you have 24 hours to kill the mob, if you wipe during your 24 hours nothing happens only the timer expiring causes the mob to open up to FFA, and you are only allowed to have 3 Noncompetitive timers in any given week.

You cannot mix and match FTE styles. If you want the Noncompetitive style you can only call for those, likewise the Competitive style.

2. In an attempt to reduce lawyerquest, the stall/kite rules will be removed and replaced with a generic 10 minute rule. From the time you FTE any mob outside of locked in ToV/Kael targets (VP, ST, Dain, Yelinak, Outdoor Kunark Dragons, and ToV/Kael mobs that went FFA), you have 10 minutes to kill the mob. If an FTEer dies and the aggro list is reset (which would allow any other guild to contest the mob) the timer resets. If coding allowed any raid mob on aggro for longer than 10 min gains DT until his aggro list is wiped would be entertaining too.

So if you want to aggro Yelinak with your first CotH'd warrior wait around 5 minutes and then burn down Yelinak in 4 minutes you're free to do so. If you want to kite Severilous for 8 minutes pull him in and kill you're free to do so.

Yes it opens up a little bit of a new meta for Yelinak/Dain/ST type engages but it removes so much of the ambiguity of kiting/stalling and the absolutely ridiculous FRAPSing the top guilds partake in. Just a simple poke of Braknar and Sirken to check encounter logs and if the initial FTE - Time of Death exceeds 10 minutes, suspend. 10 minutes is long enough for any of these targets to be pulled across a zone and killed.

3. ToV dragons must be killed in their respective wings. If you want to train pull, do it within the wing the dragon spawns in so 4-way and entrance remain safe. You may now camp at Eashen Stairs and HoT entrance without breaking any "camp near target" rules left over from Kunark.

-----

Unfortunately I know my suggestions don't impact more casual guilds who just refuse to partake in the racing. Hopefully it allows some on a sim repop though to acquire a few FTEs as Noncompetitive and figure out how, after a few attempts and possibly some wipes, to kill these targets as EQ was intended to be played.

Aside from repops, massive variance reduction or a mandated rotation/bag limit I cant think of any ways to get casual guilds into opportunities for raid mobs without partaking in the current racing.

I always liked the idea of mobs shouting zonewide when they spawn so there is no benefit to tracking. Everyone is on even footing knowing when/which mobs spawn. But you'd still have nerds 24/7 socking the race line like they did in VP. Could even remove the race rules and go back to live FTEs only but again you'd have nerds sitting waiting.
zero chance of reading this
Old 01-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

I read it.....

Makes too much sense though.