Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Default Auto-login and game exit question

Hello,

Is there a way to auto-login so you don't have to put in your password every time? Also, after you /camp or even /quit there are a few unnecessary clicks to exit the game. Any way around that? Minor issues I admit, but it would be a nice "quality of life" improvement for the game.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

Is there a way to auto-login so you don't have to put in your password every time? Also, after you /camp or even /quit there are a few unnecessary clicks to exit the game. Any way around that? Minor issues I admit, but it would be a nice "quality of life" improvement for the game.
No auto login, but you can /camp desktop
Old 02-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No auto login, but you can /camp desktop
/camp takes me back to the login screen. Am I missing something?
Old 02-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

You basically have two options for anything not built-in to the game itself:

1. Make something that interacts with the game itself - virtually impossible due to the anti-cheat code (telling your client to logout involves using the exact same stuff as telling your client to to auto-click a mob or something)

2. Use some sort of macro that controls mouse or keyboard inputs without directly interacting with the EQ client - the anti-cheat m may or may not catch this

But either way, both are banned by the server's rules. If you want quality of life, play WoW [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:33 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try this command...

/quit desktop
Old 02-10-2019, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
you type /camp desktop

can also type /camp server
Old 02-10-2019, 02:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Hello,

Is there a way to auto-login so you don't have to put in your password every time?
Don't be that person. There's an acceptable level of laziness among gamers, but if you're not willing to type your password, you can resort to command injection. I'm not sure how long it will take you to get banned as I believe command injection is looked for in this game.

If you have the skill to code this up, it's purely a "use it at your own risk" type issue. You just have to decide if it's worth potentially getting banned for.

And before you ask why I say this, yes, I could easily code this up, but for security reasons, as that's my professional background, I prefer to manually enter my password. Old habits die hard.

-Fryeday
Last edited by Wraythian; 02-10-2019 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 02-10-2019, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

Theres scripting programs you can automate a login with. I have no idea what the anti-cheat looks for though.

Back when I played WoW, I used AutoIT and found a script for logging into your account and got it working. Setup a schedule for it so it would put me in the 1000+ queue while I was driving home from work

Never used anything like that here though
Old 02-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the responses. I don't want to use a scripting program, nor be "that person". I was just asking if there was an easy way to have the game remember your password, perhaps with an edit to a .ini file or a "/" command, etc. Although I realize it was "classic" to enter a password every time you play the game, it's an unnecessary step IMO. But, it sounds like there is no way to do it so no biggie. I will try the /camp desktop. I also found that if you just /quit, you can then just click the "x" on the window to get to desktop without the extra steps.