Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by saftbudet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a formidable neckbeard if that counts.
Is a formidable neckbeard a very thick neckbeard or an exceptionally patchy and thin (yet mature hairs) variety?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-28-2020, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is a formidable neckbeard a very thick neckbeard or an exceptionally patchy and thin (yet mature hairs) variety?
Haha, I do have one picture of it, which i lost. My neckbeard is relatively normal, but consist of wide variety of colours. From Black, Red, blonde and Gray
Old 10-28-2020, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

None of this would of happen if A-team didn’t get epics.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are an idiot. Harsher penalties don't reduce petitions. It makes guilds petition each other more. The only behavior this would change is how fast petitions will fly in. There will be more because getting guild punished will be the goal because it reduces competition.
So here's the thought process for that and the reasons it ended up in both Freedom's and AG's proposals. Stiff punishments for petitions that get escalated to GMs means that guilds are far more likely to solve our quarrels through guild to guild mediation. We could go petition by petition and most or all of those would have been resolved before it ever reached a GM.

We would love to see Riot get on board with this.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

The majority of people posting in this thread are not Freedom, lol. I barely am anymore, I'm expatriated to green.

Each side will always think the other is "toxic", it's the nature of competition. The biggest version of "we would never do that" is just better veiled than the other side. Please, get over yourselves and accept that at this level, where autists and ADDs rule the crowd, that it will be this way.

If you don't think that the more casual guilds won't eventually get pixel lust and "act out", you are sorely mistaken. Remember the suspension from ST? There was some semblance of divide and conquer, but there was *still* flames and drama in the UN over it, so don't sit here and tell me it's restricted to the guilds who have been dominating. I'm not on some cloud here handing down life lessons, I was in the thick of it, too.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The majority of people posting in this thread are not Freedom, lol. I barely am anymore, I'm expatriated to green.

Each side will always think the other is "toxic", it's the nature of competition. The biggest version of "we would never do that" is just better veiled than the other side. Please, get over yourselves and accept that at this level, where autists and ADDs rule the crowd, that it will be this way.

If you don't think that the more casual guilds won't eventually get pixel lust and "act out", you are sorely mistaken. Remember the suspension from ST? There was some semblance of divide and conquer, but there was *still* flames and drama in the UN over it, so don't sit here and tell me it's restricted to the guilds who have been dominating. I'm not on some cloud here handing down life lessons, I was in the thick of it, too.
True. The only true way to fix p99 raiding is to force participants to acquire gainful employment in addition to some non-zero number of hours amongst their physical community.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fatalism?
Old 10-28-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Pantheon or ban lifted comes first ?
Old 10-28-2020, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon or ban lifted comes first ?
but is there warder loot on pantheon?
Old 10-28-2020, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but is there warder loot on pantheon?
You wouldn’t get it if it was, sorry.
Closed Thread