Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-18-2020, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Patch notes from 2019 do not indicate what mobs were flagged uncharmable.
Any mob with a significant respawn time was flagged uncharmable (e.g. an ancient Jarsath - 8hr). Obviously, Captain/Scout fall into this category.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...-charm.258818/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your post even shows you don't know if that is true. Your "most likely" verbiage confirms you can not verify the validity of your statement. You also make the comment, "indicating that Captain would've been made charm immune in 2019 if he wasn't already." IF HE WASNT ALREADY? Seriously? All of that is just your assumption.
You're trying to get a longstanding mechanic changed. It follows that you have a burden of proof to show he was charm immune in 2001, but your only evidence is from 2020. Your implicit assumption is that he wasn't changed any time in between. I'm offering the, I think, more believable explanation that he was changed with everything else in 2019.

Quote:
"Many NPCs that were previously immune to spells due to their high innate resistance to magic have had that resistance reduced and specific immunities added." So Captain is extremely magic resistant. Are you making it easier for Nilbog to see this mob should not be charmable? Also, to look into immunity messages that may be missing.
Spells with a -1000 resist check land on "extremely magic resistant" mobs by design.

Quote:
Apex has killed Klandicar with 9 people, could have been even fewer but we had people ready to defend if necessary. The wipes we had were from pvp during the encounter. When you nerds don't show up it is a very very easy fight. You just stand back and watch it happen, charm and heal captain, and catch the final blow. This trivializes the encounter.
Your own guildmates claim the smallest you've secured the kill with uncontested is 11. I've personally watched you wipe uncontested with 20+... several times.

Quote:
I don't know who or where that is being pulled from.
Direct quotes from your guildmates in a 3-page thread. Feel free to find them yourself.

Quote:
you guys lied to the GMS and were eventually disbanded
You understand then that your guild's dishonesty here is very serious and wildly inappropriate?

Quote:
Perdition lies about what guilds are allied with them so they can train mobs on Apex and avoid raid suspensions. Now that's scummy.
We accidentally body aggroed a single Frosticube during Dain PVP which transferred to another sitting player... your guild tried to convince a GM to ban all of us even though we offered you a concession. He declined for obvious reasons. We never denied that the player who aggroed the Frosticube was part of our raid force.

Quote:
Lets keep it on topic though shall we?
Sure? You're the one throwing out wild unrelated accusations. My comments have all been relevant to this thread.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Did you know 2 out of 3 faction leaders can have Frosticubes show up to assist? Those trivial mobs, they'll getcha!
Old 01-11-2021, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Bump for Nilbog, requested information was provided.

Does not seem in spirit of play that this can be killed so easily utilizing a quest mob(s).
Old 01-11-2021, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raije1000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back when Velious first came out Klandicar dropped CoF, i remember being 14 in 2000 when velious came out and i found out mobs would assist me in Western Wastes if i was on their shared faction. Sont would attack ice burrowers attacking me, and as long as i dealt 1 dmg i could loot. So i found out sont would kill Klandicar, so fires of heaven was prepping to kill Klandicar and i trained him into Sont, landed a stinging swarm (druid) and looted a CoF and Old Brood Talisman which is still on that char now. It was hot fixed a week later to where other factions wouldnt assist. Its something ill never forget, that shit kept me out of Fires of Heaven, lol rip
This story is 100% worth the consequences of that guild being mad at you.

Congrats for being 14 and discovering such a powerful mechanic.
Lost but not forgotten.