Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 03-03-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Weighted axe was a common PVP item for budget minded people looking to smash casters when they are meditating for maximum destruction. Seems a stretch to just remove the item but that is the easiest fix (make it non equippable)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weighted axe was a common PVP item for budget minded people looking to smash casters when they are meditating for maximum destruction. Seems a stretch to just remove the item but that is the easiest fix (make it non equippable)
I gave Weighted Axe to my lvl 1 Ogre SK, and vendor bought Long Bow (8 damage I think) and regular arrows.

Arrows were hitting NPC's for 9-10 damage. At what level this advantage kicks in? I was hoping my leveling of this SK is going to be piece of cake. Doesn't look so far, I'm dying just as easy as I did with other toons lol

Ahh, and Weighted Axe needs minute or two to finally hit. It is quite a grindy process, had to switch it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2021, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If determine a bug and put into perspective it isn't warranted to bring down blue and green to patch and if it was; the simplest bandaid fix until a patch for this usual trash vendor item would be to remove it from the game. The other longer delay items are harder to get or simply don't give the same grossly larger damage increase as the Weighted Axe.
Sounds like Earthshaker futures are going to the moon.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 03-14-2021, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Earthshaker futures are going to the moon.
*Looking at your signature with your ranger on red...

On the PVP server red; maybe but good luck finding one for sale when they are pretty hard to find even on Blue. Look at the last time one sold on Blue from p99 wiki and consider the mob it drops from.

And then come to the realization that Earthshaker (70) delay is not even HALF the delay of the weighted Axe (150). Truly at least on the blue and green server a ranger double attacking, self buffed weapon proc and kick is going to do arguably more damage than a ranger doing double bow damage attacks on a raid mob. I just wish Trueshot wasn’t on such a bad cool down.

But again I have to stress look at the rangers talking about their archery damage on the ZAM post about the Exquisite Reinforced Velium Bow before Luclin came out. Ranger bow damage on P99 isn’t anything like that.

And the biggest insult an iksar monk with Grandmaster bracer that summons free shurikens has a better chance to experience this “range damage” increase with a 60 delay weapon you merely ASK for from an NPC. See hammer of exonerated

This ranged damage issue is more of a concern on PVP red server due to the way most players don’t gear to combat this type of attack. And how easy it is to get the weighted axe as an Ogre or Troll warrior/Shadow knight.
Last edited by Botten; 03-14-2021 at 03:00 AM..
Old 05-07-2021, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://imgur.com/IOQDRuW

this bow quest is being taken to levels out of hand

trivializing even pve content now (bowing out of aoe range)

this shit needs to get fixed already

Back in the day, im pretty sure u didnt have 10 ogre warriors as raid dps standing back and bowing
Old 05-07-2021, 07:06 AM
Aviak

what a bunch of cheaters
Old 05-07-2021, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this bow quest is being taken to levels out of hand

trivializing even pve content now (bowing out of aoe range)

this shit needs to get fixed already
Is <Apex> seriously whining that someone put a PVP group at the entrance of a room to disrupt your raid violation attempts? They're not there because they parse well (thus the rogues that you conveniently cropped out).
Old 05-07-2021, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a PVP group at the entrance of a room
I think this may be valid, but the overall principle that players can do a grossly high amount of damage via a bonus 110 dmg per bowshot out of melee or AE range *is likely not intended.

The best example of this is ST golems w pet tanking. 6-10 players bowing is an incredible dps increase.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

This goes beyond the actions of any one guild. The server turning into tons of ogre/troll war/sks using bowing undermines the spirit of EQ PVP (which is already laughable).

Same is true for the reaper/insta cast pots nerf that is needed.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is <Apex> seriously whining that someone put a PVP group at the entrance of a room to disrupt your raid violation attempts? They're not there because they parse well (thus the rogues that you conveniently cropped out).
nothing was cropped

u can see the 1 rogue there and all weighted axe bow classes

bc its more viable to circumvent the aoe