Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-08-2021, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nothing was cropped

u can see the 1 rogue there and all weighted axe bow classes

bc its more viable to circumvent the aoe
So your saying they purposely took troll/ogres warriors/SK to only use weighted axe bow damage?

Um... sorry but that is just weird.
Not saying it couldn't happen but....

having an abundance of that race/class combination compared to much better damaging classes in PvE sounds kinda silly.

I mean it isn't like that specific race and class bow damage and gear combination is that amazing in PvE. With such a delay and single attack on those bows.... there are lot of classes if focusing their damage from the same distance can do much more damage.

I mean look at same Troll SK reporting this damage who stated:
"Sustained 82 Damage Per Second on Trakanon."

Just kinda sounds like a purpose setup for a screenshot opportunity. As stated before the problem with it really is in PvP.
Last edited by Botten; 05-09-2021 at 12:12 AM..
Old 05-09-2021, 03:56 AM
Sarnak

The person complaining about this, also has the abandoned accounts of many of the best geared characters on the server.

"Bowquest" allows newer players who weren't around during the uncontested velious PvE to pose a bit of a threat. Heaven forbid!

Also nobody had this level of gear during Velious on live, so I don't mind seeing a few people dieing in pvp versus being nigh invincible with old fully geared ToV characters with maxed out resists.

Killed so many dragons you can ignore pvp? Wow.
Last edited by Symbioticforks; 05-09-2021 at 04:03 AM..
Old 05-09-2021, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbioticforks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The person complaining about this, also has the abandoned accounts of many of the best geared characters on the server.

"Bowquest" allows newer players who weren't around during the uncontested velious PvE to pose a bit of a threat. Heaven forbid!

Also nobody had this level of gear during Velious on live, so I don't mind seeing a few people dieing in pvp versus being nigh invincible with old fully geared ToV characters with maxed out resists.

Those are two separate issues.

It is unfortunate and makes competition lopsided, but that doesn't mean make melee/caster irrelevant/at a significant disadvantage in group PVP.

Suspend the accounts he uses for training (or by IP) and enforcing boxing - one guy whose friends all ditched him is stoppable with any gear level. Right now he just abuses the rules.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nothing was cropped

u can see the 1 rogue there and all weighted axe bow classes

bc its more viable to circumvent the aoe
4 rogues and 2 monks on the parse vs. 3 warriors. Top damage by far was a rogue. We get that you think this is a bug and should be fixed. You've already presented your evidence, or lack thereof. There's no reason to lie to the developers about things that are easily debunked.

"nothing was cropped" (when the photo is 727x607 and you cut off your own UI elements) - who do you honestly expect to believe this gaslighting nonsense?
Old 05-10-2021, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your saying they purposely took troll/ogres warriors/SK to only use weighted axe bow damage?

Um... sorry but that is just weird.
Not saying it couldn't happen but....

having an abundance of that race/class combination compared to much better damaging classes in PvE sounds kinda silly.

I mean it isn't like that specific race and class bow damage and gear combination is that amazing in PvE. With such a delay and single attack on those bows.... there are lot of classes if focusing their damage from the same distance can do much more damage.

I mean look at same Troll SK reporting this damage who stated:
"Sustained 82 Damage Per Second on Trakanon."

Just kinda sounds like a purpose setup for a screenshot opportunity. As stated before the problem with it really is in PvP.
bro.. it uses the delay on the bow... and u get the damage from the weighted axe

u just get the fastest bow u can find with all the haste, buffs, quiver and high damage arrows

what are u talking about this is a very OP way to get free damage outside of aoes and be like an immortal rog from distance
Old 05-10-2021, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

no one really cares about posts here but i will anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are two separate issues.

It is unfortunate and makes competition lopsided, but that doesn't mean make melee/caster irrelevant/at a significant disadvantage in group PVP.

Suspend the accounts he uses for training (or by IP) and enforcing boxing - one guy whose friends all ditched him is stoppable with any gear level. Right now he just abuses the rules.
enforcing boxing means you are taking their raids from like 30 to 20 and theres going to be no pvp grp fighting us while the raid is going.

training? wont be any trains unless they bring the mobs, as seen in hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbioticforks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

point is moot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4 rogues and 2 monks on the parse vs. 3 warriors. Top damage by far was a rogue. We get that you think this is a bug and should be fixed. You've already presented your evidence, or lack thereof. There's no reason to lie to the developers about things that are easily debunked.

"nothing was cropped" (when the photo is 727x607 and you cut off your own UI elements) - who do you honestly expect to believe this gaslighting nonsense?
bro u had 5-6 weighted axes at CT do I need to post the video?
Old 05-10-2021, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
bro.. it uses the delay on the bow... and u get the damage from the weighted axe

u just get the fastest bow u can find with all the haste, buffs, quiver and high damage arrows

what are u talking about this is a very OP way to get free damage outside of aoes and be like an immortal rog from distance
I know you use the delay on the bow when using the weighted ax on either an Ogre/Troll Warrior/SK.

The bow the Troll SK was using that got 82 damage per second on Trak was a Bow of the Huntsman with a 30 delay. You can see that from the first post with the proc.

The Bow of the Huntsman is probably one of the easier bows with a low delay comparably to getting the Sarnak War Bow with a 25 delay or Bow of the Destroyer which is ridiculously hard to get and probably better suited for a ranger.

So yeah you are not going to get much better in delay.

You certainly aren't doing rogue damage with this setup. In fact you may actually do more damage on the same SK and Warrior with a straight up 2hander with double attack.

Does the range help yeah but again there are many other classes that offer much more damage from that range comparably to loading up your small raid with Orge/Troll Warrior/SK doing weighted axe bow damage.

Again the problem with this combination is in PvP where many aren't gear with the correct stats to combat this type of damage.

I know you want this changed in PvP and it is easiest to blow it up as a PvE issue that affects everything but it really isn't.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You certainly aren't doing rogue damage with this setup.
It's less than half a decent rogue with patch heals. It's just nice that they can double as PVP protection.

Quote:
enforcing boxing means you are taking their raids from like 30 to 20 and theres going to be no pvp grp fighting us while the raid is going.
<Perdition> doesn't box like <Apex> did. Mainly because our guildleader isn't personally setting members up with a VirtualBox and a VPN, then giving out loot council preference for using them.

Quote:
training? wont be any trains unless they bring the mobs, as seen in hate.
Didn't you personally train constructs and spiders down to Zlandi on Reap? They would have made it all the way to our clerics if the PVP group hadn't been there to force you into a fear.

Quote:
bro u had 5-6 weighted axes at CT do I need to post the video?
You were, in fact, lying about Zlandicar though? 8 rogues, 2 mages, and a chanter on CT. Top damage was obviously Irak, followed by the rogues. Perhaps you should actually try PVE bow damage so you understand its limitations better.
Last edited by Baugi; 05-10-2021 at 01:08 PM..
Old 05-10-2021, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Hey guys these threads are bad don't argue this way in public it makes you look straight up bad.

Respond to "facts" with non sequitur facts for example:

Someone: "Baugi trained me, and said something offensive"
Baugi: "My guild continues to make progress through the most challening PVE content while prevailing in PVP encounters. We are open to any new recruits of superior quality"

Someone and Baugi roles could be flipped depening on who is better at not sounding like a goof ball on a message board.

"You had 3 people doing X"
"No YOU had 4 people doing X and I had 2"
"oh but one of your 2 was counted as one of my 4 so we actually each had 3 since he fought on your side before betraying you!"

It doesn't help guys. I want you to prosper.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Respond to "facts" with non sequitur facts for example
I'll admit that the discussion has devolved into childishness, but this is a bug report thread, not a guild recruitment thread. Responding to false statements with non sequiturs doesn't really help get at the truth of anything.

The claim that bow damage is comparable to a rogue currently and trivializing content is just silly.
Last edited by Baugi; 05-10-2021 at 06:21 PM..