Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Angry We Are Supposed to Eat Animals !

So, this vegan mother in Pensylvania like proponents of every other ideology decided it was a good idea to impose her delusions upon her baby, feeding him nothing but fruits and nuts. The child's father (he and the mother are separated of course) rescued the baby before it was too late and the woman is now being charged with child endangerment.

Basically plucked straight from the article below because it was too short to develop anything better and the topic just irritated me, squelching any creative inspiration...

Source
Last edited by maskedmelon; 10-07-2016 at 11:12 AM..
Old 10-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah these people are a bit whacked. It becomes this whole identity to be forced on others. I remember maybe a year or so ago there was someone on reddit that had posted a pic of their dog that they put on an all vegan diet. The dog looked miserable and several people and vets were railing on the owner in the comments. I wish I could find the post or the pics of the dog.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah these people are a bit whacked. It becomes this whole identity to be forced on others. I remember maybe a year or so ago there was someone on reddit that had posted a pic of their dog that they put on an all vegan diet. The dog looked miserable and several people and vets were railing on the owner in the comments. I wish I could find the post or the pics of the dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkR2XEYEFgk
Old 10-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha nice. Pretty much that though. I found the info for the reddit post above which was apparently addressing a tumblr post.

The poster was like "someone looks excited" or some shit. This dogs eyes look sunken and his color seems off to me and clearly not excited.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is a site talking about it with images of the vets convo with owner. I couldnt find the original post.

http://distractify.com/animals/2016/...ner-gets-owned
Old 10-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Banned

that sounds like someones art project attempting to make a point about human veganism

poor dog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Poor doggy :c I understand not wanting to kill anything, but people just aren't designed to function naturally without meat. Yeah, it can work, but only with a lot of dietary care and subsidy. I'd eat a lot less animals if I couldn't buy them all chopped up into hardly recognizable chunks. I mean, I don't think I could even kill one. I can do fish, but still feel bad. So, yeah, I'd probably die in the wild, but whatever. Of course we're not in the wild, we are a part of society, so I don't have to kill animals, i can contribute in other ways ^^

I am just thankful for each animal who has given their life to sustain mine. Sure, maybe they'd have been happier eating a few more blades of grass or couple more worms before ending up in my tummy, but those blades of grass and worms might have enjoyed soaking up a few more days of sunlight or eating whateverthefuck worms eat before ending up in his tummy.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Banned

Higher cognitive functions require immense energy- turns out meat is the perfect source for this and carrots are not a replacement.

Scary thing is if we ever meet Aliens, they will most like be meat eatters (otherwise they would not have developed gud brains) so they will most likely be a warrior culture like Humans. Not going to find a spaceship full of smart cows, more likely scenario is the Predator movies
Old 10-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Higher cognitive functions require immense energy- turns out meat is the perfect source for this and carrots are not a replacement.

Scary thing is if we ever meet Aliens, they will most like be meat eatters (otherwise they would not have developed gud brains) so they will most likely be a warrior culture like Humans. Not going to find a spaceship full of smart cows, more likely scenario is the Predator movies
Aliens will likely study our planet first and encounter people who stare at pixel walls for 16 straight hours. They will come to the conclusion that if we are slaves to pixels we can easily become slaves to their intergalactic empire.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Banned

We came from the ocean but I dont breathe water anymore... Veg is healthier but I aint going to tell anyone outside of my children to eat it and it only.

Lab grown meat one day will solve all our problems. The dumb folks can eat it and feel self empowered and the smart folks can continue eating the super foods that gives them that inflated sense of self esteem.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

If they are advanced enough to reach us from another solar system, I don't think they would be inclined to eat or enslave us. They very likely would be unable to eat us anyway, ya know? That doesn't mean they wouldn't kill us to harvest resources from the earth. Maybe they eat dirt and rocks and stuff and would see us just as pests contaminating their mineral mills. They would have to be very smart and as a result have less regard for us. I do t think they would exterminate us entirely though, because as a super smart creature they would be very interested in us and curiosity would ensure they'd at least keep a few of us in a glass jar or maybe a few square miles of planet that the carve out for us. I do t think it would be unreasonable to assume they might transplant us to a new planet either (assuming the earth is their food and thy need to clean it up) where they could continue to observe us. They may or may not be long lived but would undoubtedly want to do lots of experiments on us to and would probably poke and prod us in all sorts of ways and fill us full of aphrodisiacs so that we produce lots and lots of babies for them to experiment on. They'd of course quickly sequence and catalogue our genome and be able to create random versions of us, but would keep us around in quarantine to study our behaviors and work to refine genes and produce better people which they could redolent on earth or maybe some other planet it if they instead eat all of it. Those people would retain the legacy from those of us who were kept as study pets, but would be disease resistant, smarter, stronger and of course free of nastiness like toe thumbs or turkey necks since only the best specimens would have been retained for study. Those people would then go on to make lots of babies as their and rebuild civilization erecting massive structures in reference to the 'gods' who created them. ***edit*** I suppose it is equally plausible that they might utilize us as incubators, depositing their young within our bodies for nourishment until they mature. There are all sorts of ways this might be done, but I suspect it would be done on a genetic level such that even with our current technology (which would be gone of course post-reintroduction) we'd not be able to readily identify their foreign nature. As highly advanced creatures, they would have awareness and knowledge of dimensions behind which only manifest to us as thoughts or ideas, which would be a direct representation of the creatures as they grow feeding on our extraplanar energies and attributes of which we are aware. The relationship would not necessarily be parasitic though. It could be symbiotic with them essentially functioning as our drive our ambitions or will, so we would seek and maybe even attain greatness thanks to their influence. In fact our identities would be inteinsically tied to their existence and without them we might not have any more awareness than a head of lettuce or a cow, which are really not very different at all except one smells and moves more than the other and requires more resources to grow. So I guess overall I am on the fence about aliens. They'd have to be advanced to get here and would regard is as primitive, but I don't know for certain what they'd do with us. I would not be happy to be ripped from my current life or have my planet eaten, but if it means the creation of a better more advanced, more perfect human, the. I guess it is ok. I don't know, what do you guys think?

Had to delete and repost because took too long w/ edit.