Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Reroll erud
Old 02-23-2019, 02:42 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reroll erud
Old 02-23-2019, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

reroll human
Old 02-23-2019, 03:56 PM
Banned

I went dark elf with points into stamina as well.
you can buff your own cha and always tash before charming
gigantic mana pools dont mean as much as people make it out to be since mana regen is fixed and if an extra cast or two will make or break a fight you should just gate anyways
and late game chanter gear is littered with cha/int
Old 02-24-2019, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gigantic mana pools dont mean as much as people make it out to be since mana regen is fixed
^This. When I rolled my High Elf enc, I went with the 25 CHA / 5 INT combo. Then, I never focused on INT/mana again. My unbuffed CHA and INT currently stand at 204 and 203 at level 60. I can count on one hand how many times I have gone OOM at critical times in the ~1 year that I've been 60. Usually when I die on my enc I am sitting somewhere between 40%+ mana.

All that being said, I would focus on:

CHA > HP > AC >> INT > mana
Old 02-25-2019, 05:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^This. When I rolled my High Elf enc, I went with the 25 CHA / 5 INT combo. Then, I never focused on INT/mana again. My unbuffed CHA and INT currently stand at 204 and 203 at level 60. I can count on one hand how many times I have gone OOM at critical times in the ~1 year that I've been 60. Usually when I die on my enc I am sitting somewhere between 40%+ mana.

All that being said, I would focus on:

CHA > HP > AC >> INT > mana
Agree with the above, except my priority is slightly diff, I like to have a lot of hp because I don't remember any time I died because I was oom.

HP > CHA > INT or mana > AC
Old 02-25-2019, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree with the above, except my priority is slightly diff, I like to have a lot of hp because I don't remember any time I died because I was oom.

HP > CHA > INT or mana > AC
I'm interested to see what gear you have with the primary focus being HP. Do you have a Magelo page?

It seems like most enchanters don't focus on AC, however, some people put an emphasis on AC to help prevent spell interrupts, which made sense to me, so I focus on it more than INT/mana.

Putting points in STA just doesn't make sense as a caster. The 60 HP you get from 25 STA at 60 is easily replaced but one 6/65 ring. However, it's much harder to replace 25 CHA. You may argue that the Neriad Shawl will get you that 25 CHA, but it comes at the price of -10 STR and -8 STA (-19 HP). So if you go that route your STA gain is only 41 HP. I'd be interested in seeing a gear setup for someone who puts all 25 points into STA.
Last edited by snyder43; 02-25-2019 at 12:24 PM..
Old 02-27-2019, 05:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm interested to see what gear you have with the primary focus being HP. Do you have a Magelo page?

It seems like most enchanters don't focus on AC, however, some people put an emphasis on AC to help prevent spell interrupts, which made sense to me, so I focus on it more than INT/mana.

Putting points in STA just doesn't make sense as a caster. The 60 HP you get from 25 STA at 60 is easily replaced but one 6/65 ring. However, it's much harder to replace 25 CHA. You may argue that the Neriad Shawl will get you that 25 CHA, but it comes at the price of -10 STR and -8 STA (-19 HP). So if you go that route your STA gain is only 41 HP. I'd be interested in seeing a gear setup for someone who puts all 25 points into STA.
no you're right, i never said putting in sta is ideal, but thb it doesn't really impact my ability to solo/cash farm...at least that's how I feel. hence i suggest the op not to bother re-rolling

no magelo but I wear stuff like, sickly orb, 65hp/djarn ring, 35hp/35mana earrings, stained cloth mask, hiero cloak, spider belt, ooiv - nothing out of the reach for avg players
Old 02-27-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

<3 seeing more folks whoring on charisma like I always have.

My reasoning for preferring charisma > hp > ac > int is as follows:

Charisma makes you more efficient with your use of time. Fewer crit fails on calm, fewer charm breaks, fewer mez resists... all of these things mean less mana spent, fewer chances of dying, etc. It helps you level more quickly, helps you farm more safely, makes you more effective for your main jobs, even if it isn't always visible or you still may have a run of bad luck here or there.

HP, again, makes you more efficient by helping save you from some deaths. Not dying > dying, and more hp helps you survive getting dotted, nuked, smacked, etc. Even if you get pounded down to 3% health or something... if the extra 75 hp you had because you put on some hp gear instead of some int gear kept you alive? Bandaging or potting or troll-forming while you med up and refresh buffs and stuff still is a better use of your time than looking for a rez or trying to corpse run yourself or ragelogging or whatever!

AC is like HP, except it doesn't help you against spell attacks and it's not clear (to me, anyway) how AC vs. HP stack up in terms of 1 point increasing your survivability by ____ amount.

Int is the least important of the main stats imo, so long as you have enough mana to complete whatever fight(s) you want to do like 90% of the time without OOMing. Having more int (or just raw MP) helps when shit hits the fan and you get adds or a lot of resists, but usually the other stats will save you from a death/wipe more often than having some more max mana will, especially once you're higher level and have great mana regen and int and mp buffs.

I guess I probably even prioritize MR over int for general gameplay, for the same reasons I like cha, hp, and ac. It sure sucks getting Fear2 stuck on you right before your charm breaks... heh.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-27-2019 at 08:41 AM..
Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Has anyone even tested mitigation from AC on cloth classes? In the original game AC (other than from buffs or shields) did virtually nothing for cloth classes due to them having a low innate return from armor. However, Project1999 isn't the original game and we can't necessarily assume it's the same, most especially not with respect to the AC stat which has never really worked on here the same as it did in the original.

Danth
Closed Thread