Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Kobold

Default I am now KoS in Overthere- how to improve faction?

In the past, my HE chanter could cast DE illusion and use the vendors at the outpost in the Overthere. Now, for some reason, I'm KoS there even with illusion/benevolence. Anyone know what faction I might have offended and is there a way to reverse it?
Old 04-17-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

They are all greedy vendors there, not the best merchants to be using

You can also use the bank while max kos

Theres a wiki page on the faction: https://wiki.project1999.com/Venril_Sathir_(Faction)

Killing VP dragons is the best way to fix faction, but thats usually not viable to most
Old 04-17-2019, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Been hunting in Karnor, Kaesora, or Charasis? Fighting in any of those zones will tend to cause a player to wind up decidedly unwelcome in the Overthere outpost.

Danth
Old 04-17-2019, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Yes, that explains it. Not a huge loss, TBH. There are some spells sold there but looks like they're also sold in FV. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-17-2019, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Farm a bunch o' sarnak war braids, kill VP dragons, or kill/tag any other cov dragon, including Esorpa of the Ring https://wiki.project1999.com/Esorpa_of_the_Ring
Old 04-17-2019, 05:54 PM
Banned

Fuck OT
Farm a goblin earring or two and get dubi/appre with FV. merchants are on their own faction which i think is indiff to all. my iksar necro and de wizard has no problem in FV
Old 04-17-2019, 07:47 PM
Aviak

Spend a couple hours farming guardian wurms inside VP and you'll be nonkos again, no need to kill dragons. Bonus points if you park a wurm there so zerg guilds can freak out how they'll kill a 32k mob.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, that explains it. Not a huge loss, TBH. There are some spells sold there but looks like they're also sold in FV. Thanks for the info!
I’ve always been able to just ask in OOC if anyone has faction at the outpost and would buy the spells for me and there has always been someone in zone willing to help out. Saves you a long run through DL to go to FV assuming you can hammer and get to OT easily.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

OT are not nice people anyway! Kill a lot of goblins / frogloks, kill a bunch of iksar outcasts, and turn in a metric ton of bone chips to become friendly in Cabilis. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A very useful zone to be able to run through, as well, as it basically splits the continent in half.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

As others have said, your best bet is to ignore OT faction. There's a non-KOS vendor (that sells food) over by the mud pits in the corner of the zone that you can use anyway, and you can just get your OT hammer by paying someone with puppet strings. Oh, and if you're brave/don't mind training dragoons to the zone if you mess up, you can even use the bank in OT with bad faction.

But if you do want to raise it for some odd reason, you might want to use https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-21-2019 at 11:33 AM..
Closed Thread