Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 08:29 PM
Banned

I vividly remember charm being too unreliable to use, and people raging at enchanters for trying to use it in our groups. This is also why everyone fawned over the Magician pet. Nothing came close to it... P99 is not classic at all when it comes to charm...
Old 05-09-2021, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

People also leveled slow as shit in 1999 because they didnt know where to go...and honestly charming is not great (even on P99) until higher levels. Charm breaks at a much greater rate pre 50 in my experience.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-10-2021, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

This is a terrible rnf
Old 05-10-2021, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I vividly remember charm being too unreliable to use, and people raging at enchanters for trying to use it in our groups. This is also why everyone fawned over the Magician pet. Nothing came close to it... P99 is not classic at all when it comes to charm...
Thanks for sharing your opinion, very interesting, keep talking
Old 05-10-2021, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People also leveled slow as shit in 1999 because they didnt know where to go...and honestly charming is not great (even on P99) until higher levels. Charm breaks at a much greater rate pre 50 in my experience.
the average person playing everquest in 1999 had a full time job or was a student

the average person playing p99 is completely unemployed

the people i played with, on average, 20 years ago... were much higher caliber, and much more competitive than the kids on P99. On P99 it's assumed that if you dont have mez then you cant do dungeons. I didn't even know what mez was until I was level 55. We made that shit happen one way or another. There was no GMs baby sitting, if someone out-pulled you, your group simply went without. It was a very competitive game by comparison. There was no AFKing half the time while your group carried you.

Also ZEMs make people level way, way, way faster than they are supposed to. As someone who has played on TLP for a little over a week now I can tell you that the ZEMs on P99 are literally game breaking. Makes the game super unfun by forcing players to level in the 3 most boring zones over and over again, but is also ridiculously fast, even by TLP standards, which were intentionally tweaked for casuals.

Leveling 30-45 in a single day of CT and just thinking its because you got better at the game than players 20 years ago is a huge LOL. If you traveled back in time 20 years ago expecting to get similar exp rates then lol. Literally.

My hat goes off to the OGs to hit level 50. There's a reason characters were selling for $5K on ebay. It was no small undertaking, and to try and discredit how hardcore players were 20 years ago is LOL and you are literally rewriting history.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a terrible rnf
better than the threads full of the mentally deficient arguing about blue raid dwama
Old 05-10-2021, 05:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the people i played with, on average, 20 years ago... were much higher caliber, and much more competitive than the kids on P99. On P99 it's assumed that if you dont have mez then you cant do dungeons. I didn't even know what mez was until I was level 55. We made that shit happen one way or another. There was no GMs baby sitting, if someone out-pulled you, your group simply went without. It was a very competitive game by comparison. There was no AFKing half the time while your group carried you.
This sounds about right. I dont understand how people don’t die out of boredom grinding shit in ZEM zones with their cleric tank ench rog rog rog groups. I usually enjoy ALOT more suboptimal groups coz they are more fun and challenging. I rarely see them tho. Everything on p99 has to be minmax and super smooth and super optimal and its really killing the vibe.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Please post video proof that enchanters didn't charm before PoP.
Thanks!
Old 05-10-2021, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

(Also first AoW kill ever was done with a massive use of charmed pets, and that was before Luclin, you're welcome).
Old 05-10-2021, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please post video proof that enchanters didn't charm before PoP.
Thanks!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Closed Thread