Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Default Giant Wasp Wing Drop

Hey, I've spent over 10 hours farming "a giant wasp"s in misty thicket and have yet to receive a giant wasp wing for the bug collector quest. I've heard it was rare, but it seems like it is not on the loot table at all. I was wondering whether this drop is working properly.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

I've been continuing to kill an absurd number of wasps all day long and still have not seen a giant wasp wing. I believe the drop is bugged.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

I would try Misty Thicket vendors or a giant wasp drone in GFay.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

From what I see, the only npc that drops the giant wing currently is Crookstinger. Which is correct, but it should also be rare-ish from the giant wasps in Misty.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Any chance the drop rate on the wings has been messed up recently? Just spent about 2 hours killing all 5 possible spawn points, and didn't get a single wing.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any chance the drop rate on the wings has been messed up recently? Just spent about 2 hours killing all 5 possible spawn points, and didn't get a single wing.
I've gotten 3 wings within the past month with very little time spent farming. All 3 bug collection box turn-ins yielded the same reward however, a potion of poison warding. Not sure if that is bugged. Gonna try to get another wing...
Old 08-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, turns out they are exceedingly rare at times.

4 turn ins so far. 3 poison pots, and 1 eye of zom clicky. :\
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

53 Giant Wasps and counting not one single wing. Only 2 Venom Sacs so far.
this drop needs to be looked into again. Wasps also seem to only spawn at the toem thing where the undead spawn beyond the gate in Misty thicket. I have cleared the entire area of every enemy a bunch of times and not seen a wasp roamer once.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by runicNomad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
53 Giant Wasps and counting not one single wing. Only 2 Venom Sacs so far.
this drop needs to be looked into again. Wasps also seem to only spawn at the toem thing where the undead spawn beyond the gate in Misty thicket. I have cleared the entire area of every enemy a bunch of times and not seen a wasp roamer once.
There are at least two giant wasp roamers in Misty. I usually find them in the SW corner of the zone.
<Divinity>
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I cleared out the entire area beyond the gate using the guards many times over and only 2 times during 8 to 10 hours did one single roamer appear.
Said roamer did not have the wing of course.

As posted in bugs I chalked up around 50+ wasp kills and I obtained 3 venom sacs and not one single wing.

This is broken until I hear otherwise since at this rate of drop it might take 100 wasps for one single wing for a turn in that could potentially give me a poison potion. Very far from live drop rates where like I said I did the quest with my druid around 10 to 15 times altogether. Each time I focused on it I obtained a wing within 3 to 4 hours hunting wasps as they were much more abundant roaming. I don't even recall them spawning at the totem honestly as a static spawns.
Closed Thread