Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Hey man,

I think you're not reading what im saying correctly. The interrogator and the Penkeeper are supposed to spawn in the jail area itself.

http://eq.magelo.com/npc/419503
http://eq.magelo.com/npc/419984

The 2 Magelo links shows you the correct location.

http://www.theclenchedfist.com/Conte...age/pid=2.html

Is another quest link making reference to the interrogator and Penkeeper.

"A Copper Key - Obainted by killing a goblin interrogator or goblin penkeeper in the jail area of Droga. If your able to make it down to that area alive, you should be able to kill him."

Also see link:
http://www.si83.com/?paged=29

Droga: bronze key opens cell door to Iksar prisoners; bone necklace opens first door into jail cell area (not from the trap/fall-in point); bone key opens second door into jail cell area; stone key opens door to the cell special pottery wheel; steel key opens door to the cell with the goblin penkeeper (can also get into that cell via the false wall from the other cell): all of these cell doors can be bypassed with shrink.

Basically the Penmaster is supposed to have 2 PHs. One of them is correct, however the 2nd one needs to be in front of the fire and visible from behind the jail cell, as mentioned in a previous quote.

The penkeeper and the goblin interrogator are supposed to spawn in the cell.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/se...98356329722885
More quotes, this one from 2001:
"Third was a goblin penkeeper, who was also in a jail cell which I fell down into and subsequently died."

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/se...zone=92&page=2
Another quote: "I had the stone key from killing the penkeeper inside cell a few times solo. "

And from the same link, my favorite quote, which summarises everything:
"Jail key drops Sep 21 2002 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good

I've camped the jail area for several hours now so I think I have a pretty good idea of who drops what keys, so here it all is in one place:

goblin penmaster: bone key, bone necklace (necklace is a key)
goblin penkeeper: iron key, bronze key, copper key, stone key
goblin interrogater: copper key

All of these NPCs always drop one key.

The penmaster spawns in the "outer" jail area, near a fire. He's got placeholders but isn't terribly uncommon. He seems to drop the bone necklace and the bone key about equally often.

The interrogater spawns in the inner jail area, in the cell with the broken down door. He doesn't have a placeholder so you'll see him a lot. He drops the copper key every time.

The penkeeper spawns in a cell that's joined to the interrogater's cell... it can be accessed by passing through a couple illusionary walls. Also, if you fall down the pit trap elsewhere in the zone, the penkeeper's cell is where you end up. It's the cell closet to the one where the iksar slaves spawn. The penkeeper has a lot of key drops, and his rarest seems to be the stone key (which is the one I'm still camping). He seems somewhat less common than the penmaster.

The bone necklace opens the outermost cell door that leads to the inner jail area.

The bone key opens the second door that leads to the inner jail area.

The bronze key opens the iksar slave cell door.

The stone key (I believe) opens the door to the cell with the "Always Works" machine that looks like a pottery wheel.

The other keys I haven't bothered to test.

If you're sufficiently shrunken, you can squeeze through the holes in the cell doors without a key. Also, rogues can lockpick the cell doors. However, if you plan on doing the Lord of Pain Khukri/Greenmist quest (and also I believe the monk shackle quest) you will need the bone key, bone necklace, and stone key to hand to Argest (one of the Iksar slaves in the jail)."
Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

So basically compare the previous mechanics to the current mechanics... a spider in a side room acting as a PH for: The Goblin Penmaster and the Goblin Penkeeper, while the cells where the Penkeeper and Interrogater should spawn are empty and the fireplace where the penmaster should spawn has a random goblin instead (with no PH).

I didn't remember doing it that way back in the day, anyone else remember this mechanic?

PS: I did do this quest on 2 toons back in the day...
Old 01-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

INFO - Got the stone key from a Goblin Penkeeper, which has either a spider or a Goblin Penmaster as a PH. While this is NOT how it was in classic, it was easy enough for me to solo at 42 (had a friend kill all the casters in the room so only melee were up and FD split).

Again I am more than happy to help recreate the classic quest if you want to give me access to [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm coming up on approximately 100 hours spent at this camp and I've yet to see a 'stone key' So far I've gotten 3 copper keys for the monk shackles and about 30 trash keys. There's no way that this item is supposed to be this rare.
I've got lots of stone keys... No Copper Keys for my monk though =( With all the possible spawns and drop rates.. I don't think the 11% really comes to 11%.. i could be wrong
Last edited by Wonton; 07-16-2012 at 09:13 PM..
Old 02-16-2015, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

Bump.

I've killed 28 penmasters with zero bone key/necklace drops and it looks like he should not be dropping the copper key from the evidence Drakaris posted above.

I have killed 15 penkeepers and have had 1 stone key drop. Which probably is close to the correct drop rate but it is still low for how rare he is to spawn which seems to be around the 30% spawn chance. Then a 10% of that to drop the key.

The copper key (not used in the SK quest) should drop from the interrogator, he currently has a PH which he shouldn't from the evidence posted again from Drakaris The interrogater spawns in the inner jail area, in the cell with the broken down door. He doesn't have a placeholder so you'll see him a lot. He drops the copper key every time.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:13 AM
Developer

I dropped the penmasters loot table on accident last time I messed with this, don't bother looking for the bone key/necklace until next patch. Everything else is working as intended.

Fixed, pending update.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:22 AM
Fire Giant

/cry

Alunova!

I know at least one other person looking for this. I already told them I posted, I hope they see this and will talk to them in game.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Just bumping this to ask, has there has been a patch or a stealth patch since the 16th of feb to fix this or have I been wasting the last 30 hours of my life spent in this zone?
Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpa Derp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just bumping this to ask, has there has been a patch or a stealth patch since the 16th of feb to fix this or have I been wasting the last 30 hours of my life spent in this zone?
Pretty sure http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=181740 was a server update / stealth patch, could be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Today during this quick maintenance
Fenugreek Alchemist - Oracle

Closed Thread