Old 04-23-2022, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

sounds like a lot of not-classic shit

but yeah ok cool
Old 04-23-2022, 11:48 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunabros scouring the forums for a starkind post, eagerly posts mean responses. We know you need love tunabros, we're here for you.

Starkind basically its as you say, there should be a natural progression to the game with gear attainable through quests that involve significant travel and walking portions, and items that poof when teleported to disable the easy mode of porting around for completing these quests.

Those quests should gear you to enter the planes and begin fighting there for further gear and stuff.

There should also be hyper rare items that are dropped from top dungeon bosses on a very rare basis for a limited amount of time.

So manastone, but also maybe custom stuff. This would be high value super rare items and the drop point for them would be announced in a role play manner, meaning you need to talk to your city gossipman rather than a stupid server announcement in login. If your faction with your gossip person isn't good enough you don't get good intel (though everyone will know the real intel right away)

The drop point will be a hot PVP death battleground, with no rules whatsoever including training and corpse camping. It's a full hell attack break the game as much as possible.

Any sort of tool assisted cheats will result in all of your characters being deleted and publicly shamed permanently, with all your character money being given away to one of the people your exploits recently impacted.

This will be performed by a GM in the guise of the "Priest of Discord" who enforces proper discord.

The rules allowing training are based on making the pvp encounters black and white enforceable. If no cheating was detected, everything is OK.

Training greatly favors feign death classes so I'm not 100% sure I feel good about this idea but it does make the PVP more focused, basically you gotta have someone at zone entrance stomping on enemies at all times if you really wanna lock down a zone.

PVP meta is getting in to the Hot Spawn hot zone and assassinating the mob quickly and looting the mob to hope you get the good item, while people are fighting for zone / mob control. Everyone is trying to keep track of mob timer to time their incursions.

These mobs will not just drop "legacy" trash like manastone but will also have best in slot gear for classes, so its in the interest of raid guilds to participate in these and learn to control actual PVP player encounters rather than GM assisted safety raids on dragons only. the mobs aren't the main enemy in these encounters, other players are.

At 100% of all times there should be a high value mob spawning that is killable by basically any 2 level 50 characters with moderate skill. any time you log on you can go and participate in the madness.

Item loot enabled. Good no drop gear available.

There may be Lore item sets, for example.

FT1 robe for casters, Rubicite Tunic for melee

Both of these items are overlapping lore, so basically if you get killed by someone that owns one of these items, your BIS chest piece is safe.

If you go out of your way to avoid wearing certain Lore items to have better stuff to steal from your opponents you will be that much weaker.

So basically item loot at level 50 is managed through a collection of LORE stuff, a collection of No Drop stuff, and then a smattering of normal droppable non lore stuff.

LORE helps keep items moving through the community rather than stock piling in banks, the goal is for the PP price of droppable items to be low, like they were on Rallos Zek.

Best in slot will never be a set of full no-drop to keep it fun and risky for all ages and levels of uberness.

Pick pocketing of NPC's is fully allowed and encouraged since its a mother fucking rogue doing the actual job of the class. Everyone should be killing rogues with impertinence and having one on your team means you're teaming up with someone that may or may not be trusty.

Rogue pick pocket can loot any item from a living NPC, at max skill level it still has an announcement of "Skuzzbucket attempts to pick GOBLIN KING's pocket!"

which will tell your group that you've been trying to rob them and then you will have the chance to pretend it was an accident.

I will stop right there.

Ranger and all bow and arrow has significant reduction in hit rate against PVP opponents with a shield equiped, facing the archer. Archery in the back for a ranger works similar to backstab, but with much less drastic increase in damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was supposed to be at max skill level pickpocket still has a CHANCE of an announcement of the pick pocketer using that ability. So it's a rogueish temptation.
Quote:
Randomly totally unannounced a super profitable game of DEFEND THE PERSON will happen in world event. Players online are randomly assigned a team red or team blue, blue team defending red team attacking. defending team has 65% of online population attacking team has 45 percent.

Attacking team's goal is to kill 1 identified player who is assigned the important task

The player with the important task has to travel to the destination stated in the note that the GM gives them. If they opt out of the quest it goes to someone else.

The teams get an opt in summoning message to bring them to the team assembly point and then they have to organize their teams defense or assault
Hell yeah. Especially to the rogues and the town crier with random missions that require faction to discover creating player competitions!

The rogue change should be in right now just because regardless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The project 1999 team did a Capture The Flag style game mode as a sort of experiment if I remember correctly and it was really cool 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make the 40's easier to level so you can group with the rest of the higher level characters once you hit 50. I left P99 to go back to live because the 40's are so damn boring. The only place I have been able to reliably find a group has been COM and that is boring as hell.

Bring AA's into the fold but use a diablo2 esq style skill tree with it and a limited number of aa's to gain. That would make PVP a little more interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you can group in the higher level zones faster*
I agree. The older a server is the more of a catchup mechanic is needed. Diabo elements would mesh perfectly with EQ pvp. Live AAs where a great way to sorta give classes more power without making them dependent on raid loots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you not played any eqemu servers besides P99? There have been some pretty neat servers with custom content over the years. Me and a few friends played on the re-launch of the "New Freeport" server last year and had a ton of fun and that server was very custom and different from regular EQ. Before that we played on Secrets' "Classless 3.0" server for a while and that was super fun too. Both ended up suffering from the same issue of running out of content and getting kinda boring at the endgame/lack thereof but were both extremely enjoyable for a couple weeks/months. I would go as far as to say both of those servers were probably the most fun I've had playing EQ (or some custom version of EQ) since early P99.

All of that to say: Custom content is 100% possible for P99 if those in charge wanted to do it
Yeah those servers where great. A lot of people who work p99 work other projects. If we had custom content it doesn't need the p99 brand. Although that would lend a lot of credence to any new custom server staying true to the original feel and ideals of p99.

Even a reskin of wow classic with everquest classic assets would be really fun. It would work. It'd be neither game. It'd be interesting! And still probably pretty nostalgiac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember Braknar making a Halloween event a few years back. He spent significant time on it, but the player base shat all over his event because the players here are a bunch of spoiled man-children.

It's a shock they haven't done anything else since then.
Yeah. That was sad. This community needs help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, being Chortles = peak EQ
Yes 🎩👩*🦲🥂

Thx all hugely for the replies. It was fun to read and a crazy mash up of all these ideas would be heck'n fun!
Old 04-23-2022, 04:39 PM
Banned

I re-tried live up to lev 115 dual boxing 2 chars

What would make me come back is:

1. And most importantly, lots of other people coming back. This would allow the removal of extremely powerful crutches in place to aid people trying to solo to max level due to the lack of community. Which I’ll list next

2. The removal of defiant gear. Having drops all the time from any mob randomly at all levels that has better stats than max level raid gear (like +5-25 to all stats depending on the level of the mob) is a bit game breaking

3. Removal of mercs. The highest tier only available to those that pay monthly, are OP. My 2 healing mercs could keep my two chars alive indefinitely with multiple mobs on us if I wanted to go make a sandwich. Also without oom’ing. They would only oom if I was fighting a group/raid mob, I’m assuming due to having to switch to using less mana efficient heals

4. Removal of P2W cash shop. Exp pots, clarity pots, sow pots need to go

That’d be a good start
Old 04-23-2022, 05:41 PM
Banned

Ya. I felt pretty pressured to buy bags, boxes, and exp pots and stuff 115 too. I spent at least $80 on the game.

The upside...I had access to all those expansions and really enjoyed the time I spent running around doing stuff.

If I had groups. I would have stayed subbed. It was too much effort and social anxiety for me to reach out to other players at the time. I feel like I'm in a place now where I could be part of a guild and play seasonally. If I didn't have much more important serious stuff to do. And the ability to play a few hrs every few days.
Old 04-23-2022, 05:41 PM
Banned

I just want to say really good points unsunghero.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

We need an all Iksar server. Every class available to Iksar. Every drop wearable by Iksar. Every NPC is an Iksar.

Even Holly Windstalker and Sargent Slate.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:08 AM
Banned

The IRL lady that Holly Windstalker is supposed to be is an iksar IRL (draconic). Holly Longdale.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

New Everquest is coming, its called Pantheon - prepare to be significantly disapointed
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-24-2022, 03:51 AM
Banned

Retarded thread