Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-06-2022, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I fear about using the profit motive to fix problems like this is that eventually it just turns into The Purge, since we all know that's what conservatives actually want to do with all of the disabled folks, mentally ill folks, and homeless people

But within our capitalist nightmare factory the profit motive may be the only way it ever gets addressed at all
Nonsense. You have no evidence to suggest this. Democrats are doing the purge right now though with babies[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2022, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

he's got you there!

We have a very robust system in america to prevent that from happening, but instead of using it, we just shut everything down because we read a post modern book called one flew over the cookcooks nest, which was really about a criminal abusing the system but we didnt catch that in 7th grade where they brainwashed kids and force them to read these challenging subjects and only go icing deep on the cake that they are when they discuss them.

Nuke power is another great example, we'd have the cleanest power that we could ever imagine if we kept using that, but we shut it down because of a JANE FONDA movie.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he's got you there!

We have a very robust system in america to prevent that from happening, but instead of using it, we just shut everything down because we read a post modern book called one flew over the cookcooks nest, which was really about a criminal abusing the system but we didnt catch that in 7th grade where they brainwashed kids and force them to read these challenging subjects and only go icing deep on the cake that they are when they discuss them.

Nuke power is another great example, we'd have the cleanest power that we could ever imagine if we kept using that, but we shut it down because of a JANE FONDA movie.
*Unironic.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he's got you there!

And Chernobyl and Three Mile Island, but I do agree we need nuclear power now more than ever, especially if these electric vehicles become as common as gasoline vehicles. We don't have the power and infrastructure to support an electric vehicle surge.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Well those were factors, but what really sealed the deal was the hit movie.

This is a true story.

I mean you and I know both that if you had to chose, what is more influential to an american: movies or foriegn events

you and I both know it's always and always will be movies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But it was basically immediately after the china syndrome all major legislation would finally pass.

Chernobyl got all the smart folks to decide, but those only make up like 9% of the pop.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And Chernobyl and Three Mile Island, but I do agree we need nuclear power now more than ever, especially if these electric vehicles become as common as gasoline vehicles. We don't have the power and infrastructure to support an electric vehicle surge.
Those were pretty bad we can do it much better now tho.

Also still not as bad as coal power. I got a few videos queued about nuclear storage and waste management..it doesn't need to be that hard.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

well chernobyl was because of something we didnt understand, like they were pretty new to the idea of generating power like that, and so their streamlined system didnt work.

I guess one could argue that if we had not stopped developing N power, then we'd have the same thing happen today, but with a power plant that was trying to generate a sun the size of a basketball, and then 90% of the planet would disappear.

But china is going to do that anyway (like Russia did with Chernobyl).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also after the events of cherynobl could you imagine being a ukrainian and being like, lets go back to the soviets lol no wonder they all ready to die first.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean you and I know both that if you had to chose, what is more influential to an american: movies or foriegn events

you and I both know it's always and always will be movies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanos turned half of all internet goobers into ecofascists. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2022, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nonsense. You have no evidence to suggest this. Democrats are doing the purge right now though with babies[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Democrats are conservatives to me, friend
Old 05-06-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Democrats are conservatives to me, friend
Salutations strange visitor from Tralfamadore.