Exit 31 46.97%
Remain 17 25.76%
Bush/Towers 18 27.27%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

Data analysis at it's finest

In the wee hours of Friday morning, the people of the UK voted to leave the European Union with a majority of 52 percent—and according to Google, they don't really know why. Two hours after the referendum polls closed, roughly midnight UK time, the Google Trends Twitter account reported a 250 percent increase in people searching "what happens if we leave the EU." "Are we in or out of the EU?" spiked by 2,450 percent.

Other search terms that peaked following the result include "what happens to foreigners if we leave the EU," "what happens if we stay in the EU," and—perhaps most worryingly considering the gravity of the decision—"what is Brexit?"

http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy...h-trends-tech/
Old 06-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by India [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Data analysis at it's finest

In the wee hours of Friday morning, the people of the UK voted to leave the European Union with a majority of 52 percent—and according to Google, they don't really know why. Two hours after the referendum polls closed, roughly midnight UK time, the Google Trends Twitter account reported a 250 percent increase in people searching "what happens if we leave the EU." "Are we in or out of the EU?" spiked by 2,450 percent.

Other search terms that peaked following the result include "what happens to foreigners if we leave the EU," "what happens if we stay in the EU," and—perhaps most worryingly considering the gravity of the decision—"what is Brexit?"

http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy...h-trends-tech/
Lol
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Was the main issue immigration? That GIF is correct for me at least. I'm an American who doesn't know why the vote was called for. I don't know exactly how the EU operates. Were they forcing immigration on Britain or something?

I can tell you right now though: Britain is only the first country to leave.

I also know there's a difference between immigration and what Europe is going through right now. Immigration without integration doesn't have to be tolerated and in many cases shouldn't.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love when people guilt themselves over history they had nothing to do with, it's such a weak mentality.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Grexit. Departugal. Italeave. Fruckoff. Czechout. Oustria. Finish. Slovakout. Latervia. Byegium.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Hi guys, some dead people I may or may not be related to were bad a long time ago, so you should kick my ass now to make up for it.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was the main issue immigration? That GIF is correct for me at least. I'm an American who doesn't know why the vote was called for. I don't know exactly how the EU operates. Were they forcing immigration on Britain or something?

I also know there's a difference between immigration and what Europe is going through right now. Immigration without integration doesn't have to be tolerated and in many cases shouldn't.
In terms of immigration EU only had power over the movement of Europeans, and in the case of Britain this power was very diluted. In truth much European immigration was only temporary and there isn't very much problem with Europeans intergrating into other European nations (such as Britain).

Internationally, Britain set it's own immigration rules (nothing to do with Europe really).

In p99 talk immigration WAS A BAIT AND SWITCH ISSUE!
Old 06-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Those racists redcoats in Britain... I swear, only a racist would want independence and self determination.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:46 PM
Banned

Old 06-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

They are calling on Khan to free Londonstan from the UK
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...k-away-8276156