Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i member grouping at dervs in nro.

i member
Derv groups in nro were the best.

Don't you dare mock my precious nostalgia
Old 09-06-2018, 07:39 AM
Banned

this for you OP

https://www.positivityblog.com/how-t...powerful-tips/
Old 09-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 25-31 you are in the Highkeep Hold goblin leveling pocket which is one of the best in my opinion.

levels 20-25 are kind of shitty for everyone - you are too high for Oasis, Guktop is hit or miss with Scyer, LOIO is far away, and Mistmoore pond/GY are fairly shit camps honestly. The mnid and higher levels all have consistent grouping zone if you follow the 'main path'
I practically have the Lake of Ill Omen to myself at 25. Sure is terrible...

The words "far away" shouldn't really be in anyone's vocabulary playing this game.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Banned

The exp mod for LOIO is trash though.

Literally the worst in the game.

The only time I go to that zone is if a monk needs help with his epic.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The exp mod for LOIO is trash though.

Literally the worst in the game.

The only time I go to that zone is if a monk needs help with his epic.
Yeah, is it still around 87%? It's noticeable, but not a total deal breaker.

Stonebrunt was a bit sparse, so I took the trip over to Firiona.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Most people want to find the laziest and fastest leveling path. Unfortunately, a lot of decent content is just avoided outright because of this. You can go into one of the 5 main leveling zones on this server and find a whole group worth of people standing around waiting for a spot in an established group rather than getting together and going elsewhere. Why? Because even though it's probably a better use of their playtime, it prevents you from being lazy, having to learn a new zone maybe, and even requires you to talk to other players, simply not worth it for most p99 players.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Groups are easy to come by if you do a little more than /lfg and /ooc "12 mage lfg". Just send a tell to people nearby that you think you can duo with and build from there. And don't be too selective about classes. Some of the most fun I had on this server was with poorly made groups. We made 3 rangers and a rogue work. I duo'd with a monk and a ranger in Upper Guk for some respectable exp. Even made wizard and ranger work.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Groups are easy to come by if you do a little more than /lfg and /ooc "12 mage lfg". Just send a tell to people nearby that you think you can duo with and build from there. And don't be too selective about classes. Some of the most fun I had on this server was with poorly made groups. We made 3 rangers and a rogue work. I duo'd with a monk and a ranger in Upper Guk for some respectable exp. Even made wizard and ranger work.
Yup, definitely gotta be that guy who searches far and wide for people willing to adventure outside the typical zones. Over labor day weekend, me and the homey Whistletree set out on numerous adventures which began with us 2 asking lfgs all over Norrath. We managed to spend numerous hours in Kedge. Another group we assembled for Efreeti. And lastly the hole. Plus by assembling a true group, you can actually spend multiple hours grinding. When you do those crap pick up groups in KC, or CoM. 50% of the time the people who join end up leaving 30minutes later.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

THIS. You'd be surprised at how quickly you can find a group by actually TALKING TO PEOPLE instead of broadcasting in OOC and expecting the invites to roll in. Judging by how butthurt OP is, I'd guess he has the sort of entitlement mindset that would lead me to believe he doesn't actually put any effort into finding a group.

Even at higher levels where the popular zones have established camps, you'd be surprised at how effective it can be to walk up to a camp and actually talk to the people in the group, even if the group is full. Just try it -- go up to Pond or CE in Mistmoore, or wherever, ask who the group leader is, and put yourself on a list!
Old 09-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

That's weird, because everytime i go in big dungeon (for example Unrest), i see 2-3 groups (everytime one at MR and FP, sometimes in basement)
Closed Thread