Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah sometimes you can get lucky and nab one of these weapons on a vendor. I've seen countless Green Jade Broadswords on vendors at least.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone randomly walked up to me and gave me a fine steel morning star, it's 8/38 I think. Will that last me awhile ?
If you are online this evening, i can meet up and supply you with'a nice newbie starter pack of stuff? Holler at me!

Athemis or Simetha. I'll be online around 5pm PST!
Old 09-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

I like my monk, played as one back in the 99 - wow time.
Ifn ya wants to twink it on yer own. Ya can make lots of Plat in Paineel.
First tho, get a port to Emeraldjungle and go to kerns tower in the field of bone till 20ish, then to The Warrens to get faction in Paineel. You can kill skellie guards and pile up the money. I made enough to twink my monkie well and get two tinker bags. AND level from 20ish to 40 there. solo.
You don't like root and rot so necro isn't good for u. I've soloed two necros to 40 and have the third one to 37. I got tired of looken at em and made a new one. The lizard is a good one to keep.
Last edited by tsuchang; 09-06-2018 at 03:41 PM..
Old 09-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Kobold

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah sometimes you can get lucky and nab one of these weapons on a vendor. I've seen countless Green Jade Broadswords on vendors at least.
I'll admit that I've vendored a few pieces of Jaundiced Bone armor...not to mention hundreds of Lightstones for some fairly affordable leveling.
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 09-06-2018 at 07:28 PM..
Old 09-06-2018, 08:03 PM
Kobold

Info see vendor items sometimes that look special, are they more expensive from a vendor in general than buying from a player?
Old 09-07-2018, 12:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Info see vendor items sometimes that look special, are they more expensive from a vendor in general than buying from a player?
Wow wtf sorry for double post, wrote that on my phone during a smoke break -- didn't realize it was that jacked up.

What I meant was, "I see sometimes that vendors sell special items, such as a 2 handed sword of cabailis. It costs something upwards of 400 plat, I'm spitballing here because I can't remember the exact price. Are merchant prices better than player prices? I'd much rather my plat go to an actual person who will in turn use that for their own character, but I was just wondering"
Old 09-07-2018, 11:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:

For some items it seems that the free market limit value is more or less dictated by the vendor buy and sell prices.

In my case the money that I might have potentially lost was more than worth the time saved actually trying to track down the items in EC.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Kobold

I was able to buy a sword of sky fire today for 40p! Very excited for this ranger and the logistics worked out very well. I made my way towards crushbone and met a necromancer to group with. We were both level 9, so perfect. This player was a veteran, I think, because they were very friendly that I was new and told me a lot of tips. He also bought 60 bone chips for 30pp! Literally right after he bought those, a player in crushbone auctioned the sword for 40pp and I knew I had to capitalize. Crazy how things work out like this. Did I mention I love my ranger? I think I've found my class
Old 09-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Banned

rangers are a lot of fun. enjoy and be blessed. please share some screenies.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rangers are a lot of fun. enjoy and be blessed. please share some screenies.
I can second this one. I loved playing a Ranger alt on live. Tracking was such a great skill to have, and ranger DPS was pretty decent, though our AC left little to be desired. Healing on a melee class? Shit, sign me up! Archery and fletching could have used a little boost IMHO, though I was lucky to succeed on my first Trueshot bow attempt. I always kind of felt that they could have gotten the animal charm spells (at a later level) and it wouldn't have been imbalancing...more of a perk, I'd say.