Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Priest of Discord

Hi! So I just started playing EQ and have no idea what I'm doing (enjoying this very much so far). But I think I made a mistake and handed the book you start with to the Priest of Discord and I believe I'm now flagged for pvp (currently playing on the Blue server). Is there any way to reverse this?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2018, 03:13 PM
Banned

Nope, just roll with it now though!!!! We'll all notice you!

Edit- I was incorrect thanks to Akashic. But he's right, It's time we all mobilize to prevent this man from being able to revert to PVE!
Last edited by bigjeff100; 09-12-2018 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: I was wrong.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi! So I just started playing EQ and have no idea what I'm doing (enjoying this very much so far). But I think I made a mistake and handed the book you start with to the Priest of Discord and I believe I'm now flagged for pvp (currently playing on the Blue server). Is there any way to reverse this?

Thanks!
Actually, yes, you can reverse it outside of Qeynos. There is a Priest of Order that you can talk to.

Now I'll have to head over to Qeynos and prevent you from doing this... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hmmmm.... maybe it just makes more sense to delete/remake. I have no clue where Qeynos is or how to get there from Barbarian starting area.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Banned

Welp, you aren't the furthest away possible.. But yeah, i'd just remake haha. Question to the general public- Does being Red have any effect in game? Other than the pvp aspect? Does any faction change? Do certain quest lines become unquestable if you're red? Just curious..
Old 09-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmmm.... maybe it just makes more sense to delete/remake. I have no clue where Qeynos is or how to get there from Barbarian starting area.
It's due South of Everfrost, but you'd have an ...exciting... time trying to run through Blackburrow at level 1.

Being red on blue means you can't cast on blue players...unless in /duel mode.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Banned

ahhhhhh that's a legit reason to not stay red haha.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Qeynos is like a second starting city for Barbarians. You can easily get there around level five (or whatever level is necessary to get by those gnolls guarding the BB entrance in Everfrost), just by going south, running through Blackburrow (it's a short run) to Qeynos Hills, and then from there you can get to Qeynos itself.

Qeynos has lots to offer a Barbarian besides just a PvP flag fix, including quests for items dropped by disease animals in Qeynos Hills, and a Gnoll Fang turn-in quest that rewards more XP than the Barbarian one.

If you're "afraid of the unknown" and you're a shaman you could even wait until nine (I highly doubt the pvp flag will be a problem for the first nine levels) and then travel there in style with SoW, but really that's not necessary. In fact, whatever level you are you *could* just ask a level nine or higher Shaman to SoW (Spirit of Wolf) you, and the increased movement speed will let you outrun all the gnolls in-between ...

... but if you're going to try it at a lower level I'd put all your gear in the bank first, so that you have nothing to lose if you die (you won't have to worry about getting your corpse back).

Oh, and BTW you will be going to Blackburrow at some point: it's the only way out of Everfrost other than a port, and it's the starting dungeon for Barbarians and folks from the Qeynos area.

P.S. Especially as a new player (but really for everyone) the wiki is your friend. For instance, there are several maps showing the paths to Qeynos on this page: http://wiki.project1999.com/Zone_Connection_World

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-12-2018 at 03:51 PM..
Closed Thread