Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

The whole series has been trash since douchebag and douchebag had to create heir own narratives/plot lines. They are used to being talentless twits who just sit around making money off other peoples talent.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

why the fuck did the dothraki die for no reason?

because Dan & Dave are brain dead & because Arya jump murder stab is great fan fic and that’s what we’re doing now. The “strategy” behind the battle was fucking dumb
Old 04-29-2019, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. Honestly, you have a decent point. The buildup with the main antagonist didn't include her character. She had a list of her own to work through. Her victim wasn't on it. I think it was a budget thing at work. So... Yeah. A mask would have made it slightly easier to accept, but we got screwed on the storytelling. I'm positive Martin wouldn't have gone that route.

We started the series, both books and show, with the Others being set up as the true menace, far beyond the political intrigue. It took one shitty episode to resolve. I don’t know why they’re rushing to end the series, but it’s just garbage now. If Martin finishes his books, they’ll be a lot better.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

He ain't finishing the books. There are so many loose ends to tie up and now he has to sort of conflate his work with Dbag and dbag's butchery, as he's said they won't differ much from the books. He's just gonna die fat and happy on a pile of money and Paris can have her shitty mary sue character. He's no tolkein or lovecraft.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rey mary sue stark needs no exposition.
It's so cringey how much you hate women.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

Season 8 "Winter is Coming"

Winter came as far south as Winterfell, the wind blew around a bit and now it is over.... Next up Cersei and the direction the show is going, they are going to want us to believe that a war against the NK, a demi-god, was far easier to win than the war against Cersei is going to be.

Bran

cosplays as a raven for awhile, the boy never even broke a sweat. Unless something pans out in future episodes it seems he's just there for filler

Dothraki

Oh our weapons are on fire now!! YAY let's charge in swords a blazing without any forethought.

I could go on, but overall what a disappointment
Old 04-29-2019, 11:24 AM
Banned

Yeah that episode didn’t seem to be in the vein of the entire series. Helms deep 2.0. NK death was cheesy as hell. So Arya snuck up on the NK when he heard Jon Snow from 100 feet away surrounded by burning bodies and half dead soldiers? He doesn’t notice anything in the quiet woods surrounded by his highest level commanders? They don’t react? Really a lame way for NK to go down, they did him wrong.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Dan and Dave delenda est
Old 04-29-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Everything was fine for the first 30 minutes. Then it all started falling apart when people were surrounded by dozens of wights and got away relatively unscathed.

Dragon Fire should have killed a few of the White Walkers, turning the tide of the battle a bit in favor of the living, only for the Night King to raise the dead again. Jon should have 1v1'd the Night King and drove his Valyrian Steel sword into his chest to end it. None of the build up matched the payoff.

Edit: Would have been fine with Jaime driving his sword through the Night King's back, pushing out the dragon glass, and ending it all, too.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's so cringey how much you hate women.
I certainly care little for the women who live vicariously through shitty mary sue trash characters -- and their eunuch enablers.
Closed Thread