Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Good luck with it. Back around Velious we had someone hijack about 8-10 guild accounts, strip and drain them, and bought a $12,000 car with the money he made from doing so. This was on Quellious server, Wraith Guild. Was a sad day for many...
Old 01-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Banned

If you're not screen sharing you're going to lose
Old 01-09-2020, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Account sharing is the best. Back before Green Day, I was playing my wizard on Blue, and I asked in Discord if anyone would let me use their druid for buffing and PLing. One of my closer compadres sent me the info to his 57 druid. I got people dozens of levels in a few hours without having to spend a year leveling a freaking druid to 57. I also gave his druid some gear as a thank-you. Win/win.

Why make 100 people level druids when 50 of them can share with one partner? And COTH mages, and bards for PLing, and wizards for Hate and Sky ports, and so on. Imagine having to level up five characters to be able to accomplish those valuable things.

And anyone can accomplish account sharing.

Change your password every week or month if you want.
Why would you give someone gear as a thank you for letting them use your Druid to powerlevel other people? This statement causes my eyebrows to raise since it seems like in reality you may have been using the Druid to powerlevel your own characters and therefore the thank you was warranted due to your personal enrichment. Why would you give gear in return for getting to use a Druid to PL random players?
Old 01-11-2020, 06:16 AM
Banned

To the OP - IMHO...account sharing is very classic. The /list system is not though overall I approve of it. You made specific reference to the 2 most highly contested /list camps (I think)...so maybe your beef should be with the un-classic list system or just that neckbeards who put in alot more time than you and/or have a lot more neckbeardy connections w other addicted players are getting more "valuable" pixels than you.

In other words, lots of fun can be had on the servers without ever looting a manastone or Rubi BP. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If one or both of those experiences is totally on your bucket list, do a /list camp by maybe losing some sleep on a weekend. OR you can try exping a ton at those camps while /listed feeling like "whatever" if you don't make it to spot #1 on the list when it's the normal tine to log.

A 3rd option exists, be alot more social, join a big guild, get really close to some people. Maybe within a couple months, you will share accounts with a new close friend or 2 and be ready to long-camp a manastone utilizing account sharing.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To the OP - IMHO...account sharing is very classic. The /list system is not though overall I approve of it. You made specific reference to the 2 most highly contested /list camps (I think)...so maybe your beef should be with the un-classic list system or just that neckbeards who put in alot more time than you and/or have a lot more neckbeardy connections w other addicted players are getting more "valuable" pixels than you.

In other words, lots of fun can be had on the servers without ever looting a manastone or Rubi BP. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If one or both of those experiences is totally on your bucket list, do a /list camp by maybe losing some sleep on a weekend. OR you can try exping a ton at those camps while /listed feeling like "whatever" if you don't make it to spot #1 on the list when it's the normal tine to log.

A 3rd option exists, be alot more social, join a big guild, get really close to some people. Maybe within a couple months, you will share accounts with a new close friend or 2 and be ready to long-camp a manastone utilizing account sharing.
Option 3 seems the most reasonable, unless you're expecting the /list camps to magically change overnight, or you're hoping for RNGesus to be insanely in your favor. Granted you do run the risk of getting completely duped by someone in the process, but after a few months time and enough interaction i think most people's radar should be fairly well attuned to pick up douchebaggery of this sort.

Or stay up for 60 hours. But please for the love of god, stop begging the devs to:
1. Make my time cumulative!
2. Increase the drop rate
3. Make people help me
4. Make lists randomized

They get it. We get it. Nothing's changed so maybe they're thinking about it? But shoving it down everyone's throats isn't likely to garner any sympathy.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Option 3 seems the most reasonable, unless you're expecting the /list camps to magically change overnight, or you're hoping for RNGesus to be insanely in your favor. Granted you do run the risk of getting completely duped by someone in the process, but after a few months time and enough interaction i think most people's radar should be fairly well attuned to pick up douchebaggery of this sort.

Or stay up for 60 hours. But please for the love of god, stop begging the devs to:
1. Make my time cumulative!
2. Increase the drop rate
3. Make people help me
4. Make lists randomized

They get it. We get it. Nothing's changed so maybe they're thinking about it? But shoving it down everyone's throats isn't likely to garner any sympathy.
the devs have been telling themselves the "gambling addicts" hurting themselves at these camps and elsewhere are "toxic nerds" for a decade, the cruelty is intentional and necessary for maintaining the illusion to avoid bringing the whole prooject down
Old 01-11-2020, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Its legal but its trivializing /list giving people an unfair advantage over people who cant or wont acc share. Gross behavior thats againt the spirit of the mechanic but hey neckbeards do anything for pixels
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its legal but its trivializing /list giving people an unfair advantage over people who cant or wont acc share. Gross behavior thats againt the spirit of the mechanic but hey neckbeards do anything for pixels
See I think it’s the contrary. I can’t see how the devs didn’t account for the lengths people would have to go to get one of these items.

We know people will presumably stay on the list until they get the item they want. But the drop rates are incredibly low. Folks are waiting sometimes up to 60hrs for a manastone drop. Also presumably people wouldn’t want to put in 20 hrs for nothing, so they’d be willing to stick it out for another 10....then another 10....and so on until they get lucky. Either the devs assumed players would all be willing to stay up for 60hrs at a stretch to get one of these nonessential items, or they’d have to enlist the help of others to aid them in their quest (in the true spirit of an MMO).

So I believe it was all factored in long in advance of these things going live. Either a player was willing to poopsock, or they were willing to ask for help. It’s not against the spirit of the list at all, nor is it against the spirit of classic to do so.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you give someone gear as a thank you for letting them use your Druid to powerlevel other people? This statement causes my eyebrows to raise since it seems like in reality you may have been using the Druid to powerlevel your own characters and therefore the thank you was warranted due to your personal enrichment. Why would you give gear in return for getting to use a Druid to PL random players?
He gave me info to HIS druid because I wanted to PL guildmates and all I had was a wizard. I thought it would be a good way to build the guild.

His druid had a Testament of Vanear or some other no-AC secondary item, so first I got him a sarnak battle shield so I could PL people better. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Then I upgraded some other slots.

Anyway, it’s totally kosher for me to put gear on my friend’s char because he let me use it.
Closed Thread