Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the utility of a philosopher, say Aristotle, less than that of a butthole wiper?

Market value isn't the only measure of worth.
You do understand Aristotle became head of the royal academy of Macedon, at the time probably one of the wealthiest cities in the world?

He taught the same Alexander that turned into Alexander the great.

After this he went back to Athens where he set up his own academy. He was by all standards wealthy.

Your comparison is bad and you should feel bad.

Comparing one of the greatest minds of ancient history to gender diversity masters (or do they use a gender-neutral word?) shows the raw amount of stupid present.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the utility of a philosopher, say Aristotle, less than that of a butthole wiper?

Market value isn't the only measure of worth.
https://youtu.be/AkA5jH36_Ks

Which one are you? I'm guessing Ethan.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do understand Aristotle became head of the royal academy of Macedon, at the time probably one of the wealthiest cities in the world?

He taught the same Alexander that turned into Alexander the great.

After this he went back to Athens where he set up his own academy. He was by all standards wealthy.

Comparing one of the greatest minds of ancient history to gender diversity masters (or do they use a gender-neutral word?) shows the raw amount of stupid present.
No, Cecily is right. Your logic is incoherent and you are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, like, don't agree, or whatever the hell. It's an elf sim - who fuggin cares anyway.

But this statement made me laugh out loud to the point of coughing. I like when that happens. What a card to pull, this one.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 01-09-2020, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, like, don't agree, or whatever the hell. It's an elf sim - who fuggin cares anyway.

But this statement made me laugh out loud to the point of coughing. I like when that happens. What a card to pull, this one.
These guys care about whether said elf is trans more than you probably do about anything in your life.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Re: the "strong men create..." post.

As someone who works with Boomers and Gen X-ers and Milennials as colleagues, and iGen and Gen Z as 'clients', I can tell you that with all the focus on all this anti-Boomer brew-ha-ha, anti-Milennial this-n-that, we're really missing what's happening with the youth... which is alarming. Not that these discussions aren't important, but we don't have them in a vacuum.

[FWIW these statistics are coming from the 2nd largest school district in my state]. Suicide rate (ideation with unsuccessful action, thankfully) at my affluent, 30% white school in Microsoft country was over 10% in the 7th grade ALONE. Reported alcohol and nicotine use ages 11-15 is over double what it was at my school, same school district, when I was a student. College attendance is nearly 100%, though, so everything's FIIIINE, right?! All this nonsense bickering and blaming is having disastrous implications on anyone who will, one day, be a 'twentysomething' and a 'boomer-ager'. Boomer, Gen-X, Milennial - doesn't matter. These kids are not being raised right. It's everyone's fault. And, it doesn't bode well for 2040.
It's way easier psychologically for humans to blame other people than to come up with solutions to complex problems.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These guys care about whether said elf is trans more than you probably do about anything in your life.
Trans people are like vegans and shitting on a hookers chest.

Its fine but the world doesn't need to know.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Re: the "strong men create..." post.

As someone who works with Boomers and Gen X-ers and Milennials as colleagues, and iGen and Gen Z as 'clients', I can tell you that with all the focus on all this anti-Boomer brew-ha-ha, anti-Milennial this-n-that, we're really missing what's happening with the youth... which is alarming. Not that these discussions aren't important, but we don't have them in a vacuum.

[FWIW these statistics are coming from the 2nd largest school district in my state]. Suicide rate (ideation with unsuccessful action, thankfully) at my affluent, 30% white school in Microsoft country was over 10% in the 7th grade ALONE. Reported alcohol and nicotine use ages 11-15 is over double what it was at my school, same school district, when I was a student. College attendance is nearly 100%, though, so everything's FIIIINE, right?! All this nonsense bickering and blaming is having disastrous implications on anyone who will, one day, be a 'twentysomething' and a 'boomer-ager'. Boomer, Gen-X, Milennial - doesn't matter. These kids are not being raised right. It's everyone's fault. And, it doesn't bode well for 2040.

Bickering doesn't cause people to do those things. Within my family we have far more bickering, and it just made us stronger. Which I think was the point; if you are used to Uncle Bob ripping on you, then some random jerkoff isn't going to affect you much.

I think the problem goes a lot deeper. Probably involving a lack of a group identity, that there is nothing greater than ourselves to attach ourselves to except ephemeral nonsense like brand name loyalty and video games.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Addendum: what was the percent white when you went there?
Old 01-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Banned

My aunts and unclesade equivalent of $40 an hour as cashiers and linen deliveryen. Fucking joke world that fag boomers greedily sucked bone dry.
Closed Thread