Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

It will hit the skids at the end of Velious, but that doesn't mean Luclin / POP are the solution. Some of the ideas of slow releasing planes with new zone-in's aren't bad. You could also do new custom content if you have an ambitious development team.

At the point that the classic trilogy is ending here, I can think of many things I would want to try out (including a complete re-wipe) before resorting to moon kittens or pok.

The most important thing about staying classic are the mechanics (spells, abilities, aa's). Far away second is the content (spawn points, drops, quests)
Old 11-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The failure of the progression servers wasn't that they went beyond on the trilogy it was that they weren't classic servers. The great thing about P99 is that it is the closest thing to playing the game when it actually launched, just not current Everquest with locked out content.

I'm not going to argue that many people wanted the stuff just up until Velious. But I do really think at some point the server's population will really hit the skids after Velious has been out a long time. Maybe just my opinion.
Exactly. SOE couldn't do it right. As P99 has proven, it CAN be done and it CAN be done right. SOE just didn't care to put the effort into it.

Honestly, I don't see why the pop will hit the skids. Why not role an alt and play a different race/class? Enjoy classic EQ all over again with a different character. Classic EQ had amazing replay value. It's always a fun game to come back to.

To get back on track with the OP:

Adding the Planes in isn't too bad of an idea. No it isn't classic, but it does tie in with the planes already released in the Trilogy. Perhaps those PoP zones can only be access through the classic planes? Or the only way to get to the PoP planes is from a special drop in one of the other planes that would port you there.

I wouldn't be against the PoP planes, but I would be fine if they weren't added. Just don't add anything else beyond Velious. No kitties, no frogs, no dragon people, instanced dungeons, or priests sending you to some other dimension. Just the Classic Trilogy, please.
Last edited by noffo; 11-30-2011 at 02:43 PM..
Old 11-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

the people who hunger for progression are the most active ones. already you see people clamoring for epics and velious as they had been clamoring for VP in the past. we shall see what will happen after velious has been out for a while, but my suspicion is the population will shrink once the content treadmill has been shut off.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

never release the last part of velious and leave em dry
Old 11-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah_b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will hit the skids at the end of Velious, but that doesn't mean Luclin / POP are the solution. Some of the ideas of slow releasing planes with new zone-in's aren't bad. You could also do new custom content if you have an ambitious development team.

At the point that the classic trilogy is ending here, I can think of many things I would want to try out (including a complete re-wipe) before resorting to moon kittens or pok.

The most important thing about staying classic are the mechanics (spells, abilities, aa's). Far away second is the content (spawn points, drops, quests)
The truth of the matter is it is a project and we're free to play, enjoy and contribute. The staff's "quest" to continue working on mechanics, quests, scripts, hit/miss rates/armor/whatever is still theirs and I believe they do enjoy it, even if the pop is 0.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The truth of the matter is it is a project and we're free to play, enjoy and contribute. The staff's "quest" to continue working on mechanics, quests, scripts, hit/miss rates/armor/whatever is still theirs and I believe they do enjoy it, even if the pop is 0.
In the long run it's impossible to please the fastest levelers,you can never bring in enough content.
Just focus on making the trilogy the best it can be and it will be more than enough for players who are now moms and pops and have a lot less time.
This server doesn't have the highest population most days because it promises more expansions and new content. It's because it promises the classic experience.

There will always be people who want to play classic Everquest.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The following should put an end to this discussion. It was taken from the FAQ located here:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

What is the progression?

Aeolwind posted a list of the original progression on live, which the GMs will be trying to stick to. Located here. This progression will end with Velious. Luclin and other expansions will not be available on this server.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

GP - I was reading your plans to segment off the planar zones in POP to various old world locations and I have to say that its a pretty brilliant idea.

Last update I see from you on this is May '11.
Are you guys still looking any doing anything like this?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

the entire thread is hypothetical. Even if this would happen, it will take place a YEAR after Velious.
Closed Thread