Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Default Reoccurring Amnesia (possibly others)

Something has always seemed off about these spells on this server and I
couldn't quite figure out why until I read this page:

http://xornn.tripod.com/Spells/spell.htm

Allow me to quote:

Quote:
As Memory Blur can often take several casts to "take" at higher level, this is necessary. However, blurring just says, "Soandso blinks a few times," rather than giving a resist. (The spell is unresistable... whether or not it works is another thing.)
This really struck a chord with me. I used to use memblurs religiously on live particularly in PoP where I was using multiple debuffs on mezzed mobs. But here I tend to get a resist message nearly every other cast in the planes.

This makes no sense, particularly with Reoccurring Amnesia . This is a 4-tic duration spell that expires either after 4 tics or after the target is successfully blured (which ever comes first). The mob should be doing 4 resist checks, one each tic. Instead the mob simply resists the spell all together. That's messed up and now I realize why I hate using it most of the time when back in the day I swore by it.

(Mind Wipe and Blanket of Forgetfulness might also be effected as well but to be honest I have never bothered to use either.)

So to clarify, mobs can resist the memory blur, but the spell should always land. This is especially important when it comes to Reoccurring Amnesia.

Thanks and have a nice day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by guineapig; 10-21-2010 at 01:35 PM..
Old 10-21-2010, 01:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

Yeah, they all need reworked. I know what's wrong with them, and it's been on the to do list. But due to the nature of spell updates, and having to put out a new spells file, it's better to do all of the spells at once, and finding the time is the hard part.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Oh that's awesome. As long as it's on the radar then I know it will eventually get fixed.
Thanks!

Frankly I was just surprised at myself for not realizing what was off about the spells sooner.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad to hear this will eventually be fixed!
Old 10-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Yea this has a huge effect in raids, sooner the better. =)

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Closed Thread