Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default Enchanter maxing int/cha

Hey All-

I just rolled a chanter alt. I played one on live as my main and decided to go back to the world of CC. I rolled a DE and put 25 points into charisma and 5 into intelligence, for a base of int/cha of 114/95

One thing I constantly hear people saying is how easy it is to max INT and CHA in classic, but I'm having trouble getting past 154 intelligence and 176 charisma.

So, am I doing something wrong here or is it just not possible to max these stats without planer gear?

And, in case you want more info, here is the item build I put together:

Runed Cowl
Platinum Star Ruby Veil
Opalline Earring
Opalline Earring
Noble's Robes
Gator Arms
Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
Braided Cinch Cord
Drake-Hide Leggings
Impskin Gloves
Cat Eye Platinum Necklace
Embroidered Black Cape
Mystic Cloak
Wolf Fur Slippers
Electrum Star Ruby Ring
Electrum Star Ruby Ring
Stein of Maggok
Crude Stein
Dagger of Marnek

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Aviak

Well, you need to factor in lvl 50 buffs. w/ Brilliance, Overwhelming Splendor and a +cha potion, my enc is at 198 int, 251 cha w/ full insidious minus sleeves. DE enc like yours, but I went 25/5 int/cha for longer-term considerations.

For specific recommendations - get a rod of insidious glamor to replace your stein of moggok, and a siryn hair hood to replace your runed cowl. Cha is far more important than int.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

looks ok to me, just use your CHA buff
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 10-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Orc

Actually, I was wondering how a Human Enchanter might go as far as int/cha goes. I was thinking 100/100 to start, but would it be better to go higher cha? Higher int?

Edit: I'd be playing an Enchanter and trio'ing with a couple of online friends.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

Here's an idea - don't be retarded like every other enchanter and focus EXCLUSIVELY on charisma.

I'd say 95% of the chanters on this server are decked out in CHA gear, all...the....time.... (this is more directed towards chanters leveling up rather than my fellow 50's)

Charisma doesn't help with mez, it doesn't help with haste, or nukes or whirl's... It ONLY helps with charm. And how many times are you charming mobs in your groups leveling up? I've leveled multiple classes to 50 (other than my chanter) and grouped with a shitload of chanters, and the majority of them NEVER charmed mobs in my group... yet were decked out in a nice full CHA suit.

Just because your an enchanter doesn't mean you need go blow everything you have in CHA gear because "thats what chanters do".

Anyways, I know you played an enchanter on live and I know some of you out there actually charmed mobs in groups - in which case charisma is a good choice. However, don't even bother charming until you have over 200 charisma it's just not worth it...

Save up your plat - start out with int gear as that is what will *usually* (and I mean 99% of the time) benefit your group the most. Once you are the right level and/or have enough plat to break the 200 CHA cap then start worrying about charisma gear. Once you get enough have a charisma set and int set to swap out when you're not charming.

Sorry for the rant - it just pisses me off seeing all these chanters in charisma gear when they are losing a lot of mana for no reason.

Best of luck to ya, enjoy the chanter.

*edit* Dagger of Marnek is necro only... I'd suggest Dragoon Dirk...
Last edited by Brain; 10-26-2010 at 01:27 AM..
Old 10-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah Brain's right, pure charisma gear is very situational. Keep a few pieces in your backpack, but don't make it your default load out.

I'd also argue that hit point gear is a good choice in most situations and should be balanced with your mana pool.

Enchanters pull aggro, even when they do everything right. When that happens, you need survivability. It doesn't matter how big your mana pool is if your hit point pool doesn't give you and your healers enough time to recover from aggro.

Some specific suggestions:

Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
Golden Chitin Bracer (AC: 5 INT: +5 AGI: +5)
Bracelet of Woven Grass (AC: 1 INT: +3 HP: +12)

Drake-Hide Leggings
Silversilk Leggings (AC: 4 AGI: +4 HP: +12)
Black Chitin Leggins (AC: 7 HP/MANA: +10)

Cat Eye Platinum Necklace
Chipped Bone Collar (AC: 4 HP/MANA: +10)

Electrum Star Ruby Ring
Platinum Fire Wedding Ring (AC: 5 HP: +55)
Old 10-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

I have like 4 sets of gear :- HP, cha, resist, int (for tradeskilling)

I switch these around as the situation depends, my standard gear is hp based (HBC, djarns, 5/55 ring, BS electrum ears)

Yeah it is pointless for most chanters to have cha gear at all at lower levels, but it's easy to attain and relatively cheap. But gear is less influential at those levels anyway, so i don't see it really mattering.

I enchant things...
Old 10-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Sarnak

For leveling up my ench I'm loading up all the +HP and +MANA I can
Methlab - 50 Troll Shadow Knight
Kemba - 19 Monk
Old 10-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For leveling up my ench I'm loading up all the +HP and +MANA I can
My gear is almost all INT based. I solo mostly and I don't charm much.

I am slowly working up a CHA set to swap out when charming becomes a necessary solo tactic (i.e. as my pets get relatively weaker and weaker)

In groups I charm very rarely, and usually only in situations where the pull is a mess.

Aetherial Mistwalker
Retired Ranger (Xegony)

I had the surname before the sword first appeared
Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Large Bat

max mana is overrated, mana regen is much more important. How often do you sit around full?

Charisma is also VASTLY overrated in any situation other than charming. Brain is right: it doesnt effect anything else (except maybe mem blur). It's situational. If you are charm soloing then by all means, deck out your CHA. If you are on a raid to charm giants or whatever...sure, cha all the way. Other than that? HPs are far superior to charisma.

IMO, anyway.
Closed Thread