Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Where did the Sarnak Tabard come from? Was it on the dwarf vendor, and when you sold the old BP you used the plats to buy it from the dwarf?
Old 10-12-2017, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where did the Sarnak Tabard come from? Was it on the dwarf vendor, and when you sold the old BP you used the plats to buy it from the dwarf?
Yep. I literally had no money on me, and that piece ended up being about 17p on the Dwarf, so I made a tiny profit after selling my chain. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. I literally had no money on me, and that piece ended up being about 17p on the Dwarf, so I made a tiny profit after selling my chain. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha I wondered. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Kobold

~~~
Wednesday, October 18th, 3104. Approximately 4:45pm:

After Gating back, I'm debriefed on the escape and given a written, signed parchment to deliver to Sir Lucan which explains the incident. Luckily, I will be completely absolved of any blame (as I should be.) I was actually commended by the General on my foot pursuit, even though I came back with nothing:

"I see you still managed to find a way to go shopping!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Me) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I board the ship and make my way back to Freeport.

There isn't much to say about the trip back, except that I seem to have kicked the sea sickness problem. I almost dread the many weeks worth of work that will have piled up while I was away... Even though I'm innocent of this escaped convict ordeal, I don't enjoy thought of having to deliver this letter. I keep working through a myriad of possible dialogues, wondering what different things I can say to explain myself and what happened. It's hopeless. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I almost forgot to mention that I managed to slay a sabretooth while I was searching the Lake; its pelt should look nice in Armorer Dellin's office next to the bear rugs. Hardly a consolation, I know...)

###

I arrive in Freeport and head straight to the Militia House. On my way, I pass by a Priest of Discord and double-back:

I apologetically tell the Priest that my Tome has been stolen by a thief, and that I would like to read the book again. He gives me a new copy without hesitation or question...
~~~

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Leaving Firiona Vie, *mostly* empty handed...)
Old 10-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Post "Reporting as ordered, sir."

~~~
Friday, October 20th, 3104. Approximately 7pm:

...receiving a new copy of the Tome that I hold so dear, gives a much needed boost of confidence as I head to Armorer Dellin with the sealed note. Even though the message is for Lucan, Dellin is largely in charge of this one, especially since he's been mentoring me and handling the majority of my training.

"Reporting as ordered, sir."

"At ease, soldier."

(I hand Dellin the sealed note. He scans over it.)

"Got away, did he?"

(I nod.)

"Looks like he got away with your pride too. Loosen up."

"You *did* mention that an Iksar saved your life recently, correct?

"Yes, sir."

"Go grab a Short Beer at the mess hall, we'll discuss this in more detail after I see Lucan."

"Dismissed!"

Relieved, I excuse myself and go order a drink at the mess hall. The other soldiers are all sitting down and ladles of thick, chunky, Griffin Stew are being dispensed into their bowls along the table.

"Listen up, everyone!"

(Everyone stops eating.)

"One of the cooks accidentally cut off a finger while preparing tonight's stew..."

(Everyone starts eating again.)

"He said to let him know if anyone finds it..."

(Everyone stops eating again...)

~~~
Old 10-13-2017, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Post A griffin slashes YOU for 119 points of damage!

~~~
Sunday, October 22nd, 3104. 8pm:

Yesterday, I was tasked for more Orc Pawn Pick retrieval duties. This time, I was given special writs of asset forfeiture, handwritten by Sir Lucan, himself. The first two are to be delivered to one "Ping Fuzzlecutter" and "Rushka Deklamoor," while a slightly more serious-looking document is to be delivered to the pickle-pushing Ogre inside of the West Gate. I should come back with at least 30 picks from the looks of it...

On my way to the East Commons tunnel (actually, just inside of the entrance), I was promptly slashed by griffin talons. Somehow, I manage to be forever cursed by these creatures... I pulled myself to safety as the beast was handled by others, as it was fearing for its own life more than wanting to end mine at that point.

Apparently, this particular griffin was a charmed creature that had broken free to attack me. It was put down fairly quickly, and without much hassle, and I even managed to cut some charred meat from the carcass afterward to take back to the barracks for tomorrow's chow... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The big meeting with Dellin (and Lucan) is coming up soon. I heard I may even get a short reprieve afterward.
~~~

(East Commons tunnel griffin roast.)
Old 10-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Kobold

Post To High Keep:

~~~
Tuesday, October 24th, 3104. about 9am:

I've been a bit too busy to write lately. Captain Hazran tasked me with a small bounty on Clan Deathfist belts, and this is on top of the work I've been performing for Dellin. The small sum of gold is a nice bonus on top of my weekly pay, though.

Apparently, the meeting (or whatever you want to call it) about this escaped prisoner incident was yesterday. Seems like the crew over at High Keep want to get their nose into this one, because now I have to deliver a sealed note to High Keep...so you know what that means...

KITHICOR FOREST [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm going to have to hurry if I'm going to make it through there alive.

They mostly come out at night... Mostly.
~~~
Old 10-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~~~
Tuesday, October 24th, 3104. about 9am:

I've been a bit too busy to write lately. Captain Hazran tasked me with a small bounty on Clan Deathfist belts, and this is on top of the work I've been performing for Dellin. The small sum of gold is a nice bonus on top of my weekly pay, though.

Apparently, the meeting (or whatever you want to call it) about this escaped prisoner incident was yesterday. Seems like the crew over at High Keep want to get their nose into this one, because now I have to deliver a sealed note to High Keep...so you know what that means...

KITHICOR FOREST [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm going to have to hurry if I'm going to make it through there alive.

They mostly come out at night... Mostly.
~~~
Stick to the walls and use the cover of the foliage! I trust in you to make this journey.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Kobold

Post Centurions, attack!

~~~
Tuesday, October 24th, 3104. Approximately 11pm:

Right now, I'm taking refuge for the night camped behind the Serpent Supply store in Highpass Hold, having a few drinks. I made it through Kithicor with no trouble at all, but I can't say the same for Highpass Hold.

Upon arriving, I was immediately greeted with a formidable battle with an Orc. I came close to potentially winning, until a careless player brought all of his friends...

After ducking to safety back in that terrible forest, I threw my Tome of Order and Discord at him in disgust and told him to hand it to the nearest priest so that I could properly take care of him! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

After a slight discussion, my near miss from death was deemed to be the work of another, so I apologized. Shortly afterward, he even helped clear the way through to the supply store for me to set up calm for the night. Off to the Keep at daybreak...
~~~
Old 10-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Kobold

Post CONFIDENTIAL:

~~~
Wednesday, October 25th, 3104. 7am:

I awoke this morning and promptly departed to High Keep. It wasn't a long trek, barely around a bend and I was suddenly staring at the gates. Immediately outside of the entrance I recognized a rather distinguished member of the League of Antonican Bards. She seemed to notice me as well, so I approach her.

"I have something for you."

(She hands me a letter. It's addressed from someone that I know from Halas.)

I thank her and place the letter into one of my lighter bags so that I can read it later.

I continue to the gate and show the guards at the entrance my sealed delivery. It acts as an easy way for a quick and painless admission into the Keep.

As I enter the Keep, I smell the putrid, yet faintly familiar stench of goblin blood. I clumsily glance at the crude map that I'd managed to procure from the shopkeeper earlier. It wasn't much for two gold pieces, but it was better than nothing.

Awful, inhuman shrieks and sounds emanate from the basement level as I approach the staircase down, so I cautiously back away.

"I'll take that."

A guard had obviously been following me, seeing as that he promptly snatches the sealed note from my hand and redirects me to a safe holding room. The guard rips the Initiate Symbol of the Tribunal from my neck...

"They will tend to you shortly."

I open one of my bags and eat a Ration, chased by some fresh Oasis Water while I wait...
~~~
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 10-15-2017 at 10:40 PM..
Closed Thread