Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you want your pet window back?
Yes 124 35.63%
No 37 10.63%
Yes, and this change is making me not want to play the game. 75 21.55%
No, I'm glad it's gone. 58 16.67%
I love refrigerators. 54 15.52%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsorryGMs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is the furthest thing from Classic EQ lol
I never said it was perfect, I said they make things as classic as POSSIBLE. Some things (for technical programming reasons), just aren't possible. These people do the best they can with what they have to work with.

I don't think a single person here, staff included, is going to make the argument that this server is 100% classic. This is as close as you're going to get.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Banned

Default Posted from Grobb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
medding without spell book up

NO GOD DAMN LFG TOOL AHHHHHHHHHwwwww
Widescreen messed that up, EQ UI being designed for 4:3. Would be welcome if Sornn and crew could make a functional EQ Ui that didn't look jank af for P99. Otherwise you are limited to fake 4:3 with borders on the sides.

There is an LFG tool, its called going to the zone and /ooc X class X level LFG
Old 09-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default pathing issues.

there are work arounds to the pet window so i'm fine with it. What i'm having issues with is the pet not following the pet attack command. When I target something the pet seems to attack whatever is closest, even if it's through a wall. My mage is in najena, and the first room w/2 skellies i sent the pet to attack the one on the right, he attacked the left one. I got to the room w/ 3 elementals. I have twice now targetted the closest elemental, and twice the pet took off and attacked a skelleton somewhere else; which trained everything to me between where that was and where i was.

pet pathing, at least in najena seems broken.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

How can someone expect a poll to be accurate, when the title adress only people with a certain point of view.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

No and welcome to classic EQ thanks for stopping by
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a mage main, It simply just makes the game less fun. I of course can figure some way to work around everything. I need 3 hotkeys for pet commands at all times, while having access to at least 3 of my spells. That leaves 2 keys for macros or clickies, which need to be up at all times. Ring 9 and Jboot. Sure, i can shift through sets, but i st ill need all those keys, and its constant switching just to post "Malisini landed on %t" etc. This forces us to rely more on discord, which is not classic, if you want to look at it that way.

I just do not think the quality of life UI and Pet window changes are prudent. I'm not asking for AA's.
Why does a mage need a Ring 9?
Old 09-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

I made a new mage yesterday to check it out. I made hotkeys for /pet attack, /pet back and /pet follow.
Those worked OK for the kobold camps and stuff in the Gnome beginner area. I couldn't check my pet's health at a glance but had to target her/him/ve/(pronounce of choice).
I can see where it is going to be a female dog on my necro but will work with it or not. I can play my monk or ranger if I need game.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Banned

How could they have played it in era, must've been standing on their head and playing with their feets.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Your life is so rough it's the least they could do
Old 09-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default How classic is classic?

Please switch your browser to Internet Explorer version 6 and adjust your resolution to 640x480 to view this post.

That being said, what is classic? I love old cars, but there is a special place in hell for guys who do the restorations where they put paint stains on the exhaust system because that's how it came from the factory. The same could be said for old games.

I played a bard on classic live. I never even tried to kite 2 mobs using a PBAOE, let alone 25 on my 56k dialup single core CPU rig. I have drug 25+ mobs around classic though. I called it charm kiting, it had other names, and I could charm a mob, get 24 of it's former friends to beat it near death, use my fancy bracer and finish it with a single ranged DoT. It doesn't work on "classic" blue because the aggro mechanics aren't "classic" though. Maybe there are some missing paint stains on the exhaust system? You know what else I used to do is twist my low level levitate and speed song because even if I can't find enough proof to convince the paint stained exhaust devs, the only song that required a wind instrument was invisibility. There were other class tricks and other players who did amazing things and it was a unique time that can not be recreated.

That being said, the retro nostalgia guy in me doesn't want the paint stains on the exhaust system, doesn't want to go raiding without discord, doesn't want to wait 5 minutes to zone and although I don't want some automated GUI that signals me when to rebuff and holds my hand for everything, I do enjoy the idea of playing "classic" with some of the modern tools like the guild management window or the pet bar.

You can't go back and even if you could, you probably wouldn't want to. Sometimes you have to skip putting the paint stains on the exhaust system and replace the 8-track with a Blue-Ray player with a USB port. You have to see the forest for the trees and find a way to make the classic car still feel like a classic, even if it has some digital gauges and it rides a lot smother than they did back in the day.
Closed Thread