Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 10:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like luclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I loved the newbie armor quests luclin introduced.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:15 AM
Kobold

What Tuljin said! Nailed it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ is awesome, WoW is "polished" and it sucks.

On P99 I can customize separate chat windows for chat, spells, and melee and F-key target party members and their pets. You don't really need much more when it comes to UI. Brad (RIP) didn't like maps in games and that's why there aren't any in the game. I can totally see why and I don't mind lack of maps at all especially when there's a wiki online that tells you everything about the game.

Warrior is a fully group-dependent class, much much like other classes, with the trade-off that they are top tanks in terms of stats and ability to dual wield. They can't heal and they can't use magic. It's an RPG. They shouldn't be able to.

WoW came along and everybody could solo and quickly regen HP and Mana and also die with 0 consequence. You have constantly recycled streamlined carrot-on-a-stick quests in every new zone with maps with waypoints. The "polish" ruins the adventure. Also, time is not the only factor that makes EQ "difficult." You can't play sloppy in EQ if you want to move the bar at any decent rate and not die while getting good drops. You also need to play with a competent group of adventurers otherwise you can't even break up a 4 spawn.

But yeah EQ isn't for everyone, sure. Some people find JRPG grinding "boring." Some people find a single player first person RPG "boring." When you are grinding mobs with good players in dangerous zones and you have something that isn't a faceroll the keyboard full group with 3 mages EQ isn't boring it all. It does take a while to get your levels though =)
Old 12-27-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't this the wrong forum section for bullshit negativity and pointless whining? Who else feels the same?
Old 12-27-2019, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Most of the cases I've seen of this complaint are from people who went out and leveled as fast as possible because that's important somehow, and then found themselves running up against the fact that classic EQ had little to nothing for high level characters.

Even though this fact has been known for 20 years.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Classic is a novelty that is fun to relive once or twice but that’s about it; at least for me, since enjoyment is obviously subjective. There is so much content there that seems wasted or zones that are underutilized or pointless. Would be amazing if someone redid them one day in the classic spirit with better itemization, harder enemies, more quests etc.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Keep us updated on your feelings and opinions, they are so very important to us, just as you suspected.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the cases I've seen of this complaint are from people who went out and leveled as fast as possible because that's important somehow, and then found themselves running up against the fact that classic EQ had little to nothing for high level characters.

Even though this fact has been known for 20 years.
This is the big true true.

Go empty your bed pans and take a break.

I miss Kunark a lot, but classic has plenty to keep you occupied if you’re not playing it like a full time job.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-27-2019, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

I do not like thing.

Thing sucks.

Because I do not like thing, you are not allowed to like thing. Even though we are on forum dedicated to thing.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

I think you're lying.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:11 PM
Kobold

When EQ came out it wasn't meant to be thoroughly grinded to the last atom. It was meant to be an open world all about mystery and discovery and explanation. When people get into the mentality of minmaxing everything, trying to "speedrun" content and treating this virtual world like any other videogame they'll be sorely disappointed.

At least until Kunark and Velious start gamifying the world and emphasizing the RPG elements, then I guess you can try to play it like you'd play WoW.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Closed Thread