Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first time we went through elementary school it was fresh and exciting. Now that we are all in our 30s, 40s and 50s I suspect many of us would find it boring to repeat the experience beyond the first few weeks.
Billy Madison didn't.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't say classic sucks or is boring as hell. It's the base game and I think that is still pretty good. If it wasn't the game would have failed before Kunark released.

That being said I don't think classic is my favorite era of EQ. I remember being like level 30 when Kunark released and it was so exciting. Me and a friend got a port to DL and ran to FV dodging red con spiders and other monsters the whole way and being terrified. It was one of the many indelible EQ experiences that has stuck with me for so long.

I also loved the content in Kunark the best. Chardok, KC, Seb, Kurn's, Kaesora, CoM. Probably the best dungeon content in all of EQ exists in Kunark. Vast outdoor zones like FM, LOIO, Skyfire, OT, DL and EJ. Exploring these zones back in the day was some of the best EQ experiences to be had.

Then on top of the zones you factor in that Iksar make such good monks and necros...Kunark is my favorite era in EQ and maybe eclipses much (but certainly not all) of my classic experience to the point that I think it's a better starting point for EQ (at least for me).
Old 12-28-2019, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

i said it one hundred times before launch and i'll say it one hundred times more: early rush crazytown notwithstanding, over the whole period, vanilla sucks and is boring as hell. this is only the end of month two. now is the first stage of the mad max wasteland to come. soon weaker classes will flee across Norrath, ruthlessly hunted by roving bands of solo class warbois desperate for content. mayhap camp a decaying skeleton.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

I played on Fennin Ro before I switched to Lanys when it opened in December 1999. Fennin Ro was also beta server and people who played beta rolled there again at launch. It routinely had 3k pop in prime time in vanilla. There were no mobs anywhere. Crushbone hardly had trains and LGuk was safe for a level 1 to walk to Lord, it was all cleared.

That will always be classic EQ for me. So popular it was miserable. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would have preferred to see Green stay unsplit even given its pop, but we are where we are.
Old 12-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the point of posting when your opinion of the game is that negative? It's one thing to have some criticisms or suggestions to make the game more enjoyable but that's not what you're here for.

Just move on to something else if you think the core gameplay is that bad.

You all realize op aka bazia is a shit tier non factor from red just here to stink up the forums with his bad vibes.

Lots of nobodies from red on green teal. Red was great kept all the mental illness on one server
Old 12-28-2019, 06:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Year 12 into the project and "mobs" are still warping through the floors and ceilings. Kinda regretting all my paypal donations
100% classic, and working as intended. L2P
Old 12-28-2019, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Wow classic is that way. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% classic, and working as intended. L2P
That's straight up bullshit.
Closed Thread