Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

These new Dain rules are pretty bad but the dumbest part might be that you are allowed to camp in Icewell but are not allowed to block the racers. Whoever came up with these rules has apparently never seen the Icewell zone-in area with a late window Dain.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

I honestly have no doubt Riot has petitioned themselves.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly have no doubt Riot has petitioned themselves.
This is actually false, after Freedom spread around a video trying to claim that Arcler was using 3rd party software to track mobs. Riot petitioned Arcler to the GMs to look into his tracking activity to see if he was using 3rd party software.
GM's came back saying he never has used any software and the video that Freedom was spreading around Arclers pop call was actually 6 seconds after the mob had popped but Furoars video had loading ghost when he first logged in.
I constantly have phantom people when i log in, especially outside tov or inside tov
Old 09-16-2020, 11:26 PM
Banned

I thought this was a crappy troll at first. Reading it like uhhhh okay yeah whatever, the staff are making you make gnomes and /dancing.

Turns out it's apparently true?

Who is trolling who, now? Way to stay light-hearted and have a sense of humor. Awesome.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im fine with them coming up with some sort of fix to allow people to turn in. I get it, I support it. This is not the right way to do that.

Making the FTE racers zone, during the race, let alone right at the start of it. Gives an extremely unfair advantage to people that zone faster than others. If this plays out, over time, i guarantee we will see the large majority of FTE's going to the same few individuals that have the magic combo of ram, ping, and fairy dust in there system that allows them to zone in sub 5 seconds.

Thats my issue, it takes skill out of the race, and makes it all about ping/build specs, in my opinion.
Doesn't Ping determine the overall winning of FTE now, or previously?

At least one can somewhat mitigate lowest ping fte'ers versus having whomever lives nearest the server winning an FTE 90%+ of the time.

You can't mitigate Ping very much. I can't concur with your statements.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:02 AM
Banned

Also, it's always better to throw out some ideas that are different that may possibly sway GM's minds and attitudes towards this recent change, instead of only providing an opinion in a negative connotation.

Give it some time and let the data collect, but i'm sure everyone would want to hear of better alternatives.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't Ping determine the overall winning of FTE now, or previously?

At least one can somewhat mitigate lowest ping fte'ers versus having whomever lives nearest the server winning an FTE 90%+ of the time.

You can't mitigate Ping very much. I can't concur with your statements.
just move next to the server
Old 09-17-2020, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The expectation is that we're going to dump our Green stuff into your economy, causing even further devaluation. Then we're all going to cause all sorts of havoc with whatever fragile order you're trying to preserve, stomping any rotation right into the ground. Then we're all going to leave for the new server or failing that, I hear the SWG legacy server is finally coming out of beta.
Nice, so like BDA but actually causing other things to become worthless
Old 09-17-2020, 06:06 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoutoftrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent countless hour and hard work creating a rule set for kelorek'dar. However, none of my "UN representatives" will even bring my suggestions to the floor. This whole system is rigged.
WE THE PEOPLE NEED REAL REPRESENTATION

Kelorek'Dar
---------------
Barbarian, Erudite, and Human Racers only.
(No human bards/rangers -- no tracking)

no vision buffs allowed
no movement speed buffs allowed
no levitate

natural spawn only

during night (7pm - 4am): instant race
during daytime: race starts at the beginning of night(7pm) after spawn

5 max racers per guild

first racer to _die_ to kelorek'dar(fte doesn't matter) locks their guild into cobalt scar. All other entities must vacate the zone until Kelorek'dar dies or their lockout ends. Then they have up to 1 hour and 37 minutes to gather a force and kill kelorek'dar uncontested (must fight underwater no pulling onto land).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2020, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

What is taking so long to reach an agreement? Coth on spawn is done. We can no longer do that. FTE race is the next method. Dain FTE takes like 10 seconds. This is bad because people wait hours to turn in and have 10 seconds. Petitions happen all the time because of this.

Why is Galach forced to make us start in another zone to remedy this problem? Why haven't the guilds agreed to a 5minute lockout and a roll ?? What's holding this up? Doesn't this make complete sense from all angles?

I say this and have one of the biggest advantages for zone races. I have 30 ping to p99, and I have my ssd hanging off my desk for faster zone speeds. I won dain two weeks ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]