Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 07:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Bard MQing Child's Tear

Is Cinda's Charismatic Carillon enough to do the turn in or is the Ornate Velium Pendant a requirement? Wasn't sure if these two acted differently in how they added faction.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Cinda's Charismatic Carillon enough to do the turn in or is the Ornate Velium Pendant a requirement? Wasn't sure if these two acted differently in how they added faction.
Your True Spirit faction needs to be somewhere between Ally and max Ally to do the tear turnin. I would advise just getting to max Ally to be on the safe side, unless you actually did the entire Shaman Epic quest without grinding specific sections. I don't think there is any reliable way to determine how far into Ally you are, unless you counted all the faction you have gained accurately.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your True Spirit faction needs to be somewhere between Ally and max Ally to do the tear turnin. I would advise just getting to max Ally to be on the safe side, unless you actually did the entire Shaman Epic quest without grinding specific sections. I don't think there is any reliable way to determine how far into Ally you are, unless you counted all the faction you have gained accurately.
Yes, I'm currently working on maxing my faction, but I read that classes other than shaman have a -100 at max or something which requires a faction spell to bypass. I just wanted to know if I need the pendant or if my song is enough for that.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I'm currently working on maxing my faction, but I read that classes other than shaman have a -100 at max or something which requires a faction spell to bypass. I just wanted to know if I need the pendant or if my song is enough for that.
Oh that is not how faction works. You do not get a permanent -100 forever from your race/diety/class. You just get a lower starting value for True Spirit than Shamans. Once you max out your faction, it is 2000, the same as a Shaman who maxed it out.

So basically when you first made your character, your True Spirit faction started a little bit lower than Shamans, probably -100 or -200 yeah. But you have gained a bunch of faction since then, so your starting faction value is now irrelevant, and never used again.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-29-2021 at 12:24 AM..
Old 07-29-2021, 05:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh that is not how faction works. You do not get a permanent -100 forever from your race/diety/class. You just get a lower starting value for True Spirit than Shamans. Once you max out your faction, it is 2000, the same as a Shaman who maxed it out.

So basically when you first made your character, your True Spirit faction started a little bit lower than Shamans, probably -100 or -200 yeah. But you have gained a bunch of faction since then, so your starting faction value is now irrelevant, and never used again.
That's awesome to hear! Thank you very much!
Closed Thread