Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

As well as beg crit fails working through walls, it has infinite z axis (it ignores how much higher or lower you are in the map).

You can pull undead knight in unrest to basement using this.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

The Battle Druid of Doom

No longer works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I think me bragging about it got SS armor nerfed for clickies. When I made my druid, I had her in Full SS gear by level 5. And it was all clickable!

That means...

Drones of Doom clicky @ level 5
Regrowth of the grove @ level 5
Misty port to buy potgs from druids.. @ level 5

+ Fungi, I was healing for 30 a tic. With self Thorns, and CHARMING a crocodile in upper guk, I plowed through 1-40 in less than a week of VERY casual play. It was by FAR the most OP twink i've made, by a mile. I'd pull with drones of doom, the damage from that, Oakleaf Scimitar + Seahorse belt, and my charmed pet was absolutely massive. I could often kill 5-6 blue/white mobs at a time. And had 0 issue killing reds.

I continued the battle druid method to lower guk, where I charmed the bats. Took me all the way to 46. If SS gear wasn't nerfed.... i'd make another druid twink just because of how fun/OP it was.
Old 08-05-2021, 04:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Battle Druid of Doom

No longer works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I think me bragging about it got SS armor nerfed for clickies. When I made my druid, I had her in Full SS gear by level 5. And it was all clickable!

That means...

Drones of Doom clicky @ level 5
Regrowth of the grove @ level 5
Misty port to buy potgs from druids.. @ level 5

+ Fungi, I was healing for 30 a tic. With self Thorns, and CHARMING a crocodile in upper guk, I plowed through 1-40 in less than a week of VERY casual play. It was by FAR the most OP twink i've made, by a mile. I'd pull with drones of doom, the damage from that, Oakleaf Scimitar + Seahorse belt, and my charmed pet was absolutely massive. I could often kill 5-6 blue/white mobs at a time. And had 0 issue killing reds.

I continued the battle druid method to lower guk, where I charmed the bats. Took me all the way to 46. If SS gear wasn't nerfed.... i'd make another druid twink just because of how fun/OP it was.
Wow, for context a moderately well geared melee (like skyshrine tier armour, epic or decent Velious weapons) struggles to toe to toe bats 51+.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Probably mentioned, I didn't read through the older thread, but charm rotting is not common for exping. Works best with necros and bards.

Load mob up with dots, charm it, have it either guard or sit to stop moving. Works great if not much room to fear kite or only one mob available for whatever reason. Caster mobs won't cast, nearby healing npcs won't heal it. Break when it's low hp and finish it off, etc..

Works best for necros obviously cause big dots but only vs undead, enchanters sorta but really weak dots, druids better dots but only vs animals, shaman even better dots but only vs lower level animals. Bards have good dots but charm costs mana after mid level mobs and regen is slow.

Used to face tank on my bard that way: chant, chant, chant, charm, hymn, repeat.
Last edited by Tann; 08-31-2021 at 10:29 AM..
Old 09-01-2021, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

What is the point of doing that for a non-Bard instead of root rotting? Seems like a waste of mana only, unless you're fighting something that summons, and at that level it definitely wouldn't be time efficient for an Enchanter.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the point of doing that for a non-Bard instead of root rotting? Seems like a waste of mana only, unless you're fighting something that summons, and at that level it definitely wouldn't be time efficient for an Enchanter.
Caster won't cast, if it tried just have it /sit to interrupt. Probably not useful but I've found it helpful vs casters in tight places.