Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenbeanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like 16 years ago? got sick while raiding and waited until the raid was over to go to the hospital, turned out my appendix burst
winner.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I met my ex-wife in EQ. Were in same guild together for a long time. She came from Michigan to Oregon to meet me. Moved out to Oregon a few months later. We had a good solid 10 years, but we both changed for various reasons and ended up divorcing a few years ago.

Just remarried in 2019 (to a non-gamer).
Not exactly Everquest related, but I met my ex-wife on World of Warcraft in 2005, had a 10 year run and a kid, was totally worth it. Love that kid!

I never really did anything crazy in EQ compared to the rest of you nerds. Did a 60 hour Verina Tomb camp, but most of that was afk. In high school back in 99/00 I would take caffeine pills to stay awake all night and then sleep during school hours so I could exp late with my buds. Barely graduated!

Later on I would camp Runed bone forks every day after school for weeks, usually took 4-8 hours to get the fork and sell them for 500p (!!!) in EC, that's how I was able to buy my FBSS.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-23-2020, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never really did anything crazy in EQ compared to the rest of you nerds. Did a 60 hour Verina Tomb camp, but most of that was afk. In high school back in 99/00 I would take caffeine pills to stay awake all night and then sleep during school hours so I could exp late with my buds. Barely graduated!
I think caffeine pills and playing all night qualifies you as a fairly high-end EQ nerd :[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still holding out for someone that legitimately pooped their pants.

I wonder if we’ll see /lists in Kunark, and if they’ll outdo the length of camps in Classic. I can’t see anything really being as bad as 4 day’s straight at a Manastone camp, but it’d be interesting.

It’s hard to imagine someone going beyond 4 days, but the Guinness World Record holder for not sleeping:

“Randy Gardner (born c. 1948), a high school student in San Diego, California set the record for the longest a human has gone without sleep in 1964, at the age of 17. Gardner stayed awake for 11 days and 25 minutes (264.4 hours.)”

Can you imagine if this guy was around nowadays and played EQ? He’d be a veritable god.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think caffeine pills and playing all night qualifies you as a fairly high-end EQ nerd :[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still holding out for someone that legitimately pooped their pants.
No doubt about it I belong here.

I think you should just poo your pants sir, so you can stop holding out.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-23-2020, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No doubt about it I belong here.

I think you should just poo your pants sir, so you can stop holding out.
Well, though it wasn’t in-game, there was a period of like 3 months (still don’t know why the hell it was happening) but I nearly pooped my pants like 5 different times.

Two of the times I was out walking my dog. Felt totally fine, then all of a sudden it was like a freight train was on its way out my ass. I barely had time to get right off the sidewalk, drop my pants and just unleash brown hell right on the ground. Worse part was a mom and her kid were walking towards me on the sidewalk, and I was desperately trying to pull my dog (he weighed about 140lbs) away from the poop. They walked by and I was all but running away. Definitely think they knew what it was; human poop fairly easy to discern from a dogs.

Another time was right before a job interview. In a full suit and tie, I dropped one in the parking lot walking in to the building. Also fairly sure the interviewers smelled something off....

So never got to the point of ‘actually’ shitting my pants, but I was about 99% of the way there. I think it might have been from pumpkin seeds I was eating during that period of time.

I think I’m more intrigued by a gamer doing it just because it shows a level of fixation on the game where they’re so invested in something going on to actually reach the point of defecating/pissing themselves.

Perhaps my dream will never be realized. On the other hand, reading the stories on this thread has been a lot of fun. Definitely some great ones on here.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Damnit guys it’s 2020, I walk my laptop to the shitter.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Accidentally chugged a mountain dew piss jug.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:17 PM
Large Bat

Got a divorce not by my choice but worked out great in the end and I'm still playing EQ!
Old 02-24-2020, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HaMFveebhFw

You can actually hear him squeezing out some brown sauce.

Something is definitely up with this kid though. He sounds either super high or else just a huge goober.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:56 PM
Kobold

I had a couple friends skip taking their high school Advance Placement (AP) tests for college credit.

They had studied all year and payed the fee for the test but didn't go to play EQ instead.